- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for taking the time to read and review. Greatly appreciated.

Early the next morning the group packed and headed to the tour buses, ready to head out to Pennsylvania. Howie and AJ showed Anita around the bus, while Nick sang along to his Ipod annoyingly, trying to hide the discomfort the situation caused him. Every so often his eyes locked with hers, and they took turns being the first to look away.

An hour into the drive, Anita stared out the window, watching the scenery. The bus was warm and toasty, and the window fogged up every time she exhaled. It had been a while since she had thought about her father, so many things had been going on in her life. She wished he were alive, to comfort her and give her the strength to make it through her darkness. Although she seemed fine in the outside, inside she was falling apart. Nick’s insults, her guilt, the four men, Tara, and especially having no control over the rollercoaster of emotions that she was going through.

Days she felt that she could get through it, she wouldn’t think about them. Shut their faces out of her mind, and forget the whole incident all together, like it had never happened. Go on with life, with this new chance the guys had given her.

Other days she just wanted to die, so she could be with her father, he was the only one that really loved her. Then she wouldn’t have those constant flashbacks of something she had no control over, those faces, and mostly the feeling of being dirty and useless.

Nick now busied himself, doing what he constantly did. Playing a video game, his eyes shifted from the game to Anita who sat curled up on the sofa, scribbling gibberish on the window. She looked so deep in thought and he found himself wondering if she was thinking of him. Maybe she missed him, like he missed her. Could he ever just put his pride to the side and let her know that his feelings were the same.

He sighed heavily, he would never forgive her. She was deceiving and conniving. He had willingly fallen in love with her and all she had done was use him. For money. Who knows what she had been doing in California all this time. Screwing everyone she could find, although hookers weren’t allowed on Hollywood boulevard. An image of her walking along the busy street, skirt hiked up in long boots came to mind.

He rolled his eyes at his own dumb thoughts “Fuck!” he muttered, losing his concentration on the game and losing.

“You suck!” she muttered, tracing her fingers over the window. “I can play better than you.” there was no emotion in her face.

He looked up at her “I bet you’ve never even played basketball before. Is that a challenge?” he paused his game.

Finally her eyes locked with his, it embarrassed her to look him in the eyes. “If you want it to be…” she mumbled.

He was silent for a second, then he smacked the space next to him. “One game…if I win…I have to think of my winnings. If you win...what?”

She snatched the control from his hands “If I win you stop making stupid comments about me. If you win…I don’t have anything in mind.” She sighed.

Howie and AJ joined the twosome, to watch the game. Laughter filled the room everytime Anita's player made a move, she made it along with the control. The game went on for a good twenty minutes, and Anita lost by a point.

“In your face!” he teased “Who sucks now?” he laughed. “I think I know what I want for my winning…” he gave her a mocking grin.

She rolled her eyes “What is it?”

He looked at the guys and then her as he stood up, he then sighed “For you to leave the bus…stay wherever you want. Just not on the same bus with me.”

Everyone’s smiles disappeared “What the fuck are you talking about?” AJ stood up.

“Nick don’t be such an ass!” Howie grabbed AJ’s arm “Don’t do this…”

Anita stood slowly, her cheeks were flushed crimson with embarrassment “Uh…sure! You did win.” she walked past the guys and past him.

“Tell me that was a mean ass joke of yours Nick. You know you don’t want her off this bus. She has nowhere to go.” Howie was serious and his hands were on his side.

“Yeah it was a joke. I’ll be back!” Nick made way towards the bunks. “Hey…” he spoke softly.

Anita stuffed whatever things she had into her backpack angrily. “I know I’m not leaving fast enough.” she muttered, spinning around “Are you ever going to just forgive me Nick? I mean…I would rather you just, I don‘t know. I’m sorry that I did what I did, but I…was passed out drunk when I realized I was on my way to California. Then when I saw you, I was…you were the first guy to do everything with me. EVERYTHING!”

Nick was quiet as they stared at each other “I can’t forgive…you lied to me! You could have come out and told me the truth. Instead you just played this role of some good girl from a normal family. When it was all a lie, your family was far from being normal.”

“We were normal at some point.” she wiped the tears from her face “Whatever then, you believe what you want…” she turned to grab her bag.

He grabbed the bag and tossed it back on to the bed. “I was just being a dick…I don’t want you to leave. I didn’t mean it, I know you don’t have anywhere to go. Just stay. Alright!” he raised his eyebrows, as she glared at him.

Three hours later they were at their destination and were heading to their individual rooms. “Here is your key. It wouldn’t look right for you to stay with one of us, Nick might have a heart attack.” AJ and Howie laughed.

Leighanne and Baylee approached the twosome “Hey there everybody. I’m so tired, this touring gets exhausting…” she sighed, and flipped her long blonde hair.

“I know…how do you do it?” Anita smiled.

“I’m not sure hun” she yawned as they all piled into the elevator, “I just can’t wait to get some rest.” the elevator dinged, announcing their floor and they shuffled out “See you guys later on, at the show.” she walked holding Baylee’s hand, who waved at them with his free hand.

Anita smiled as she waved back at the blue eyed boy “He’s so cute!” she giggled.

The hall was quiet, when all of a sudden the elevator opened and giggles were heard. “Stop it!” a slim, tall strawberry red headed girl smacked Nick’s hands as he tickled her. “Seriously, if I’m going to be your opening act, you have to be…” they exited and were startled by all the eyes staring at them. “Oh hello!”

“Oh Jesus! Emmy, your opening for us tonight?” AJ groaned in annoyance.

The girl pounced onto him as he caught her in his arms. “Of course, from now until the end of the tour.” she smiled teasingly. Her short skirt rising with each movement, her arms still clung to AJ’s neck.

“Alright your choking me kid!” he pried her arms off of him.

Howie looked like he had smelled something funny “Hey…alright I’m out of here and I’m going to get some rest before the show. See ya.” he almost ran towards his room.

Anita laughed, there had to be a reason he was trying to avoid her. The Emmy girl turned to Anita and looked her up and down. “Who are you?” she asked almost menacingly. She placed her hands on her hips, as she cocked an eyebrow.

“Uh…I’m Anita” she forced a smile, as her eyes locked with Nick’s, bashfully she bowed her head. “Well…I have to…”

“She’s AJ’s girlfriend…I think. He brought her on the tour with us.” he grinned.

“Oh…well nice to meet you, I’m Emmy. Come on Nick…there is something I have to show you.” she grabbed his hand and the twosome ran down the hall like kids.

AJ nodded his head irritated at the younger woman “Don’t worry about her, she’s very obnoxious, flirty, and hyperactive. At some point you’ll want to kick her ass or your own for being near her. She has a huge crush on Nick."

Anita smiled "Yeah that was pretty obvious! She's just a kid though."

"Uh…she looks like a kid, but she’s twenty three already. She can sing, but she can’t dance.” he laughed, making Anita laugh too. “Get some rest my girlfriend. ok.”

She nodded her head “Ok…thanks for all your help. Maybe we can talk before we leave tomorrow?” she gave him a weak smile. The memories taunted her again, they hadn’t visited her all day.

He smiled back, he knew it wasn’t anything good that she wanted to talk about. Her face had darkened instantly “Sure thing.”

He stood watching her enter her room, then he entered his to get some rest before the big show.