- Text Size +
Nick sat in the uncomfortable airport lobby dozing off, it had already been two weeks since Shannon had left his side and he still felt the mass of depression in the pit of his stomach.

He awoke to the sound of AJ’s voice “Yo…man they’ve been announcing your flight for the passed five minutes your going to miss it…” Nick opened one eye, then the other. “Maybe I should come down with you guys…I mean it’s not like I have anything to do at home.”

AJ and Howie looked at him puzzled “Uh no…that isn’t a very good idea remember we have to pick up my cousin and I don’t want you to get her all depressed with your funky vibes…go home and chill. Right Howie?” AJ cleared his throat waiting for his friend to respond.

But before Howie could respond, Nick hugged him “Whatever then…you guys will be back on Monday right?” AJ hurried him towards the gate and reassured him they would be back before he could realize they were gone.

Howie sighed with relief as he saw his friend and band mate walk down the tunnel.

“That was so fucking close damn it…he is such an idiot still moping over that skank Shannon.” AJ blurted smacking his forehead in annoyance.

“God AJ don’t be such a dick…he was in love you know…that is what love will do to you. You should know that by now.” Howie threw his bag up over his shoulder and pinched AJ’s upper arm.

“Ouch what was that for?” AJ smacked Howie on the head.

“Because one, you’re an insensitive prick and two cause you actually convinced me to do this horrible thing. I can’t believe you are going to hire some girl to be your cousin…so we can take back to Nick…now that I think about it…it’s a bad idea.”

AJ stared at him straight in the eyes “Listen we have to get him back on his feet or that fool is going to commit suicide any day and if I can get him pussy whipped on some chic at least just to take that pain away. I’m going to do it…now shut up and let’s get the hell to sin city!” they both made their way to their terminal.

Nick couldn’t sleep he just doze off looking at the sun begin to hide behind what mountains were near LA…home sweet home he thought as he drifted off.

“Shannon are you here?” Nick yelled as he entered his apartment, but there was no response, he could here music playing loudly from his room. He held a bouquet of flowers and a small box in his hands. He had decided that he would give her a promise ring in symbol of their love.

He slowly opened the door, but the bed was empty and the music now sounded louder than before. But as he made his way to the bathroom, he could hear moaning. The door was slightly opened, only enough for a peak. But that peak was more than sufficient to give him a rude awakening.

Shannon was in the middle of screwing someone else up against their bathroom sink. The flowers fell to the floor as he let out a gasp, startling the couple. Shannon jumped sky high and grabbed whatever towel she could to wrap herself up.

“All this time you’ve been playing me…for how long Shannon” Nick asked trying to stay a man and not let a tear escape his eyes.


His thoughts were interrupted by a female voice asking him to please fasten his seat belt. He nodded and faked a smile, he was beginning to feel nauseated by his thoughts. He really didn’t want to think about her anymore. She wasn’t worth his thoughts.

He moved on to think about what he would do now that he was home. But in the back of his head he still didn’t understand, how AJ had a cousin and had never told anyone, now all of a sudden he was picking her up. He made his way through the tunnel and was relieved to find Mike his big bodyguard at the end.

Who would of known that a 6’2, hefty blonde guy would need someone to watch their back, you would think he could do it himself. But ever since that one time some girl was able to yank off a couple of hairs from his head…Mike goes were he goes.

“Hey man…” He shook the tall black man’s hand as they made their way through the lobby, a couple of girls stopped him here and there for pictures and autographs, he happily posed and signed. “I’m almost there to that god awful apartment Mike…not sure if I’m happy or not.” He sighed as the California sun hit his face.