- Text Size +
Cherry and Kevin were dancing to Destiny’s Child and Cherry was laughing at something Kevin was telling her. Ellena walked up to where they were dancing with AJ and Nick in tow. She dropped her hands from the front of their shirts and winked at Cherry. The music switched to Rammstein as Nick, AJ and Ellena started to dance. Four songs later they were still going strong as the music changed again to an 80’s remix. Nick danced closer to Ellena and pulled AJ behind her.
“What are you doing Nick?” Ellena questioned, a confused expression washed across her face. She barely knew Nick and AJ and wasn’t sure why she was grinding with both of them on the dance floor.
“You’ve been dancing with AJ and I for the last 5 songs but you haven’t taken your eyes off Kevin once.” Ellena blushed profusely. “Have not!”
“Have too!” AJ interjected.
“That still doesn’t answer my question Nick. What do you hope to accomplish by dancing this close to me. I don’t…dance like this…” Ellena was getting a little uncomfortable.
“Ellena, relax. I’m not coming on to you. Just go with it. I guarantee Kevin will be over here any second.” Nick chuckled and aimed a devious smile in Kevin’s direction. Nick and AJ sandwiched Ellena between them and moved to the beat.
AJ started to laugh as he watched Kevin watching them. Over on the edge of the dance floor, Mitch and the two other bodyguards were watching as well and laughing at the melodrama unfolding before them. A large, two horned, green-eyed monster appeared over Kevin’s shoulder. He whispered something in to Cherry’s ear and she nodded. Kevin made his way through the writhing bodies and shouted over the music to Nick.
“Okay, beat it kid. It’s my turn to dance with her.” He punched Nick playfully on the shoulder.
Nick smiled at Ellena. “Told ya’” He mouthed as he followed AJ back to their table to get a drink.
Kevin shook his head and rolled his eyes. “The things I have to put up with.” He circled his arms around Ellena’s waist and brought her up to his chest. “I should have warned you about those two.”
Ellena lowered her eyes. “On the contrary, I think they should have warned me about you.”
Kevin threw his head back and laughed. They continued to dance until the DJ announced a Duran Duran song. Ellena froze in place. All she wants is… All she wants is… Her eyes clouded over and the smile faded from her lips.
“Let’s go sit down.” She said.
Kevin was more than confused by this sudden change in demeanor. “What’s wrong Ellena?”
“I just…don’t like this song, okay? Let’s go get a drink.”
Kevin shrugged and saw no reason to argue. “Sure.”
They returned to the table and ordered a round of drinks. Kevin rested his arm on the back of the seat above Ellena’s shoulders. The Duran Duran song ended and the scene was completely forgotten. Ellena, Cherry, AJ and Nick laughed and chatted the rest of the night away. No one noticed that Kevin was not taking part in the conversation. Oh, he looked good and interested all right and seemed to be listening to what they were saying but he wasn’t really. All he could concentrate on was the fact that Ellena had moved closer and closer to his side. Eventually, the entire length of her thigh was pressed up against his. Her hand innocently rested on his knee, burning through the denim to his skin underneath. As she leaned into the conversation taking place, the side of her breast brushed across Kevin’s side. Kevin bit off a muttered oath and closed his eyes. When he opened them he found four pairs of eyes staring back at him.
“Something wrong?” AJ aimed a knowing smile in Kevin’s direction.
Nick cocked one eyebrow. “Having problems concentrating?” He grinned wickedly. “Ow!” He shouted as Kevin kicked him under the table.
Ellena furrowed her eyebrows together. “Are you all right Kevin? Are you not feeling well?”
Cherry covered her mouth to stifle her giggle. She loved Ellena dearly but sometimes she was so clueless to what was going on around her.
“Do you want to take me home?” Ellena asked Kevin. This time it was AJ who had to stifle a giggle. Nick started to answer her but AJ elbowed him hard in the ribs.
“Ouch! What is this – beat up on Nick night?”
Kevin tried to ignore their teasing and answered Ellena. “Yeah, I’ll take you home. Are you sure you want to leave so early?”
Ellena nodded. “Yes, I have to work tomorrow.” Kevin stood up beside the table and said good bye to AJ, Nick and Cherry.
Nick watched them walk to the door. “Man, he is getting bizay tonight!”
“Hey watch it! That’s my best you’re talking about. She is so not like that.” Cherry defended.
“Oh whatever!” AJ chortled. “She just asked him to take her home. She might as well have said ‘let’s get naked!’”
Cherry rolled her eyes. “Ellena is totally not like that. She did NOT just invite him to her bed, she asked him to take her home because she has to work tomorrow. Why do men have to read too much into everything?”
“Ten bucks says he’s getting laid tonight.” Nick pounded his fist on the table.
“You’re on!” AJ held up his drink in a toast.
“I am NOT hearing this! I am not hearing this!” Cherry covered her ears and shouted over the music.
Mitch escorted Kevin and Ellena out to the car just in case Kevin had been recognized. He could never be too careful when it came to Kevin’s safety. Ellena put her hand on his forearm to get his attention. “Mitch can you please make sure that Cherry gets home safe? She came with me and I don’t want her to feel like I totally ditched her.”
Mitch smiled. “Of course Ellena, anything for you. I’ll see to it personally” He opened the car door for Ellena and she climbed in.
“Thank you, Mitch.”
Once the door was shut, Mitch turned to Kevin. “You are going straight home, aren’t you?”
Kevin grinned. “Yes Dad, as soon as I take Ellena home.”
He pointed at him and narrowed his eyes. “You better be telling me the truth. If you are planning on stopping anywhere – ANYWHERE – I’m coming with you.”
Kevin laughed and put his palms up. “Okay – I promise I’m not going anywhere that I have the potential to get attacked by screaming, pre-pubescent girls. Okay?”
Mitch studied him for a moment and then let out a sigh. “I almost believe you.”
“Good night Mitch.” Kevin waved and opened the car door.
Mitch shook his head and watched the car drive out of the parking lot.