- Text Size +
It was early Tuesday evening, Kevin had picked Ellena up after her Latin ballroom class and brought her to his house. He had cooked her supper – demonstrating superb culinary skills – and they were now lying together in the hammock in the backyard, sipping red wine and memorizing each other before Kevin left on tour.
“Tell me you don’t have to go.” Ellena wrapped her arms around Kevin’s neck.
Kevin smiled. “I wish I could. Ten more days and I’ll be gone for three months.” He tightened his arms around Ellena’s waist, causing the hammock to sway back and forth. He brought his mouth down on hers for a tender kiss.
“You’re not going to forget me, are you?” Ellena whispered.
“Couldn’t if I tried.” Kevin replied.
“Were you trying?”
“Not a chance!” Kevin bent his head to trail kisses along her throat.
“There’s going to be girls throwing themselves at you everywhere you turn and you’re not going to forget–“. Ellena gasped as the hammock swung to the side and dumped both of them onto the cool grass.
“Ouf!” Kevin grunted as Ellena’s elbow collided with his head with a thud. After getting over her initial shock, Ellena ran her fingers through Kevin’s hair, studying the red mark she had left.
Once he assured her that he would live, she started to giggle. “Now, you won’t forget me. At least until that bruise heals.”
Kevin rolled across the grass and pulled Ellena closer to him. He propped himself above her on his elbow.
“Perhaps you’d like me to leave a lasting impression? Just in case you try to forget me…” Kevin whispered.
“How would you propose to do that?” Ellena grinned. She ran her hand up the side of his neck and pulled his mouth closer to hers for a deep kiss.
Kevin pulled away and whispered breathlessly into her ear. “Let me take you upstairs and make love to you all night.” (Author’s note: okay, so I realize that there are not a lot of men in this world that can actually last all night – perhaps not even the revered Kevin Richardson – not that I would have any way of knowing anything about his…ability – not that I would want to either, first of all he’s married and secondly, um ew, he’s married - but remember this is fiction folks! Thank you, now back to your regularly scheduled program.) He raised his head to look in to her eyes. Her expression was completely unreadable. She didn’t reply. “Ellena?”
She pulled his head down again and kissed him with more passion than she ever had before. Kevin moved closer yet to Ellena and held her tightly under him. Ellena found the weight of his body on top of her strangely erotic. Her fingers found the buttons of his shirt and fumbled to unfasten them. Kevin’s kisses became more demanding.
“Ewww!” Kevin and Ellena both turned to look toward the house. There, they saw Nick standing at the deck railing with his hand shielding his eyes. “I SO did NOT need to see that!”
Kevin looked down at Ellena with a twinkle in his eye. Again his lips found hers and he kissed her so completely and thoroughly that she felt that her flesh was composed of jell-o and her bones of crazy string.
“Get a room you guys!” Nick yelled again.
“We were just about to.” Kevin whispered to Ellena. She started to giggle and sat up. Kevin helped her into a standing position and they walked together to the house.
“What are you doing here?” Kevin asked Nick, once they were close enough that he didn’t need to yell.
Nick raised one eyebrow. “Obviously interrupting something.” He replied and looked Kevin up and down. Ellena turned three shades of crimson red and rubbed a lipstick mark off Kevin’s neck. Nick laughed at her embarrassment. It would take a very long time for Kevin to live this down, a very long time. “I’m here for the meeting.” Nick said.
Kevin gave Nick a blank look and then ran his hands through his hair. “Oh! The meeting! Damn, I completely forgot!”
“I can’t imagine why.” Nick deadpanned. Kevin slapped Nick on the back of the head and took a seat on the patio set.
“Where is everyone else?” Kevin asked.
“They’ll be here shortly.” Nick replied.
As if on cue, AJ and Howie ascended the steps to the deck. “Hey guys, where’s Brian?”
“He’s right behind us. Let’s get this meeting over with – I’ve got plans tonight.” Howie said, taking a seat beside Kevin.
“All my stuff is inside, in my office.” Kevin said standing up.
AJ looked at Kevin and then over to Ellena. “Any reason why both of you have grass in your hair?”
Nick started to laugh loudly and Ellena blushed deeply again.
“Okay, leave the poor woman alone. Let’s get started without Brian. He should be here soon.” Kevin opened the back door and motioned for everyone to follow.
“I’ll just stay out here and die of embarrassment if you don’t mind.” Ellena said as she leaned against the rail.
“Suit yourself.” Kevin shrugged and kissed her on the cheek. “We’ll only be about an hour. Then we can pick up where we left off.” He said with a wink that made Ellena blush yet again.
“Okay hormone boy!” Nick exclaimed. “In the house – I don’t want to witness any more!”
Ellena buried her face in her hands and groaned. The four men paraded into the house to commence the meeting.
Ellena sat down on the top step and took several deep breaths in an attempt to slow her racing pulse. Tonight would be a night that she would never forget.