- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the delay! Here is the next chapter!
“Please buckle your seatbelts and prepare for landing.”

“Prepare. She’s definitely right on that one,” Carrie thought to herself as she fastened her seatbelt. A week had passed since Nick had found her and now Carrie was on her way to Atlanta. “I can’t believe Kevin was able to convince my parents,” Carrie thought to herself.

“Carrie, remember to take the bag from out of the overhead compartment,” Carrie’s dad reminded her.

“He was able to convince them but probably not quite the outcome Nick expected,” Carrie chuckled remembering their conversation from a few days ago.

***

“Okay, so I’ll email you the ticket and hotel information tonight,” Nick assured her over the phone.

“Hmmm. Is there anyway that you could send me the information by this afternoon?” Carrie questioned.

“Uh, I could try but I don’t know. I got a lot of errands to do before I talk to my travel agent. Do you need it right away, or something?” Nick asked.

“Um, yeah, I kinda do need it ASAP,” Carrie answered.

“Oh” Nick paused, “ I promise I won’t stick you in a crappy hotel and I did ask for first class,” Nick hesitantly added wondering why she would need to approve of his planning.

“No! No, it’s not that. Umm, I guess Kevin didn’t tell you,” Carrie sighed.

“What? What didn’t Kevin tell me?” Nick fearfully asked.

“Well, I’m kinda bringing someone,” Carrie winced.

Nick could swear he heard his heart dropping as he wondered how she could even think to bring Scott on the trip that he planned.

“Yeah, I’m sorry it’s not what you expected, but he insisted, you know? And I couldn’t say no,” Carrie tried to explain.

“What the hell? You couldn’t say no? It’s not like he owns you, Carrie,” Nick spitted into the phone, angrily.

Taken aback by the anger in his voice, Carrie was speechless as Nick continued, “I mean I’ve been planning this for a long time and I didn’t think you were that much of a bitch to actually suggest to bring a fucking guest.”

Completely astonished by his crudeness and insensitivity Carrie could only utter incredulously, “Nick! He’s my dad.”

Nick’s tirade halted as his jaw dropped. Attempting to say something that was meaningful Nick could only muster an incomprehensible squeak. The information finally processing, Nick rubbed his grimaced face as the guilt started to eat through his conscious.

“I mean what did you honestly think, Nick? That my parents would let me travel across the country, by myself, especially after what happened last year?” Carrie asked in disbelief.

“I—I’m so sorry, Fairy,” Nick finally whispered. “I honestly didn’t think—I thought you were talking about—I didn’t know you were bringing your dad,” Nick said meekly.

“Who did you think I was bringing?” Carrie angrily questioned.

“Uhh. Scott,” Nick whispered hanging his head in shame.

Carrie could only do one thing at a response that ludicrous, she laughed.

“I’m an idiot,” Nick admonished.

“Yeah, you’re my goofy idiot,” Carrie laughed.


***

Stepping off of the plane, Carrie wheeled her carry-on while her father followed closely behind. “I hate airports,” Carrie thought to herself as she followed the signs to the baggage claim. Being the first ones off the Atlanta bound plane, Carrie easily grabbed her suitcase without having to push through the crowd at the baggage claim. Scanning the crowd in the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Carrie tried to find the sign with her name. None of the guys wanted to draw any more attention to Carrie so Nick told her he would send a limo in his stead. Spotting the placard with her name, Carrie maneuvered herself to the limo driver as her father kept up trying to avoid the growing crowd.

“Hi, I’m Carrie,” Carrie introduced herself to the chauffeur.

“Very good, ma’am. Just follow me,” the driver replied.

The driver led them to the black limo where he stored their baggage and shut the door after seating them in the back.

“So where are we meeting them?” Carrie’s dad asked her.

“Well, I don’t know exactly. I told Nick I would give him a call once we get in and he would let me know of the plans,” Carrie answered while taking in the Atlantic scenery.

“Ahh yes of course. Nick,” Carrie’s father said dryly, “you two have been talking a lot lately, haven’t you?”

“Umm, I wouldn’t say that, dad. He was just doing some of the planning as well as paying for the tickets so he had to keep me informed,” Carrie quickly explained.

“Right.”

The rest of the ride to the hotel was in silence because Carrie knew that whatever she could say in defense of Nick would be in vain and whatever her father would say in offense to him would be an argument. Her parents both adamantly believed that Nick Carter and the Backstreet Boys were the sole source to blame of the kidnapping and nothing she said or did could change that.

Sighing to herself, Carrie was glad to see the Hilton hotel come into view of the dusk backdrop, ending the tension-filled silence.

Taking the baggage from the limo driver, both Carrie and her dad proceeded to the main desk set in the opulent lobby of the hotel.

“Good evening, ma’am. How may I help you?” The young, well-dressed desk clerk asked Carrie.

“Hi, um I have reservations made by Nick Carter.”

“Very good, ma’am. What are your names?”

After giving the woman their names, Carrie watched the desk clerk type away at her computer to find their room.

“Ahh yes. Here it is. Your room is 724, ma’am and sir yours is 228. If there is anything else that you may need to make your stay more luxurious please feel free to contact the front desk,” the clerk cheerfully explained.

“There must be a mistake,” Carrie’s dad immediately pointed out to the clerk, “Why were we given two separate rooms and on two different floors?”

“I’m sorry, sir but Mr. Carter booked room 724 a couple of weeks ago and tried to book another room on the same floor but nothing was available.”

“Is there any room available on the seventh floor now?”

The clerk clicked the keys to check, “Sorry sir, nothing is available.”

“How about on the second floor?” Carrie’s dad persisted.

“Yes, there is a room available on the second floor but there will be a cancellation fee for room 724 since it is one of our VIP rooms.”

“Dad, just forget it. It’s not worth it,” Carrie whispered to her dad.

“Alright. That’s fine,” Carrie’s dad swiftly stated to end the clerk’s search.

Gathering their baggage, Carrie and her father made their way to the elevators where they were lucky enough to catch an empty elevator.

Pressing their respective floors, Carrie waited for all hell to break loose.

“Well, that was pretty stupid of Nick,” her father spitted.

“Well, he is a popstar, dad. He has money to burn,” Carrie playfully injected, hoping to lighten the mood.

“That was pretty convenient for him to stick me on a different floor. What does he think he’s trying to pull?”

“Dad!” Carrie admonished, “He’s not trying to pull anything! You heard the concierge, there weren’t any rooms available.”

It seemed that the elevator had taken a lapse in time, as the never-ending silence expanded in the close vicinity. Finally, the elevator happily dinged open onto the second floor. Wanting to help her dad settle into his room, Carrie followed her father. After setting their bags down, Carrie sat down on the bed with the intention of merely catching her breath.

“You never even told us what happened during those three weeks.”

“What?” Carrie asked turning to face her father.

“You never even told us what happened. Your own family,” her father somberly stated.

“Dad, I—,”

“What did he do to you that was so terrible that you can’t even tell your own family about? Huh?” He asked setting himself beside Carrie on the bed, “I know they didn’t rape you, I spoke with the doctors but what did that man do? What did Nick do that makes him call you at least three times a week for six months? Did he to-touch you?” Carrie’s father tearfully stuttered.

“I—,” Carrie gasped tears brimming her eyes, seeing her father finally break down in front of her.

“Please. Tell me, Carrie. I know you’ve been hurting but just please tell me something,” he pleaded.

Wiping her tears, Carrie looked down at her hands and whispered, “No, Nick didn’t touch me. He saved me,” pausing to strengthen her voice, Carrie looked up to find her father’s eyes, “He saved me, Dad. I know I don’t talk about what happened but I will when I’m ready. It’s just you have to believe me when I tell you that Nick, Brian, and Kevin did everything to try and protect me.”

Grabbing her shoulders, Carrie’s dad pulled her into a fierce hug, “I believe you. I believe you,” he whispered repeatedly. Pulling away, he added, “Just remember that when you’re ready don’t leave your family in the dark, okay?”

“Okay, hopefully, this trip will make things easier,” Carrie replied, wiping away at her tears.

“Good, now what time is dinner, I’m starving,” Carrie’s dad chuckled getting up from the bed.

Smiling, Carrie answered, “I don’t know, but I’ll give Nick a call when I drop my bags in my room, okay?”

“Alright. Just call me with the plans. I’m gonna take a shower.”

“Okay. I’ll see you in a few, dad,” Carrie said while closing the door behind her.

Taking the elevator to the seventh floor, Carrie rolled her bag into the lavish room all the while thinking, “Three times a week for six months?” But it was the beautiful suite that stopped her train of thought. An incredible view, top of the line linens, a large bathtub; the suite was made for a celebrity. Taking it all in, Carrie was staggered at Nick’s generosity. “He really went all out!”

Her fascination over the view was interrupted by a loud knock on the door followed by a familiar resonating voice, “Room service!”

“Dork,” Carrie smiled to herself, hurriedly going towards the door. Opening the door, Carrie smirked, “There must be a mistake. I didn’t order a Nick Carter.”

“I believe you did, ma’am,” Nick played along.

“Hmm,” Carrie pretended to ponder, “No. Nope. I remember specifically asking for a Justin Timberlake.”

“I’m sorry we don’t sell fluff around here. We only give out the good stuff,” Nick replied with a roll of his eyes.

“Well, I don’t want a Backstreet Boy. Just give him to the guy next door. I just hope he has earplugs,” Carrie laughed.

“Fine. I guess we’ll ask your neighbor then,” Nick hotly replied stepping over the threshold. He strode over to the adjacent wall where he opened the door that led into the suite next door.

“Nick! What are you doing?! That’s not our room!” Carrie whispered frantically.

“Well, you said you didn’t want a Backstreet Boy. I’m gonna see if your neighbor has better taste,” Nick easily replied.

Carrie quickly followed Nick with the intention of pulling him out of the room before they were caught trespassing but could only stand back and watch Nick rummage through the room.

“Hmmm. Looks like your neighbor is not here. Let’s see what kind of person he is,” Nick whispered conspiringly.

“Nick! Are you crazy? You’re gonna get us in trouble!” Carrie fearfully whispered.

“Pshhha. No worries, babe. C’mon you have to be a little curious. Go check out his bags while I go through the drawers,” Nick answered.

Seeing that it was helpless to pull Nick out of his investigation, Carrie curiously wandered over to the bags. Seeing a “Goonies” shirt and a pair of camo pants, Carrie turned around and smacked Nick upside the head. “Idiot, you freaked me out! Loser! I can’t believe you!”

Snickering, Nick dodged her, trying to escape her wrath, “What??” I didn’t do anything!”

“It’s your room!” Carrie exclaimed while shoving Nick. Nick lost his balance and grabbed Carrie’s hands at the last second. His knees caught the edge of the bed while Carrie’s legs tangled up in Nick’s legs. Roughly landing on Nick’s chest, Carrie let out a loud, “Oomph.” Nick tightened his arms around Carrie as they both tried to regain their breath from being knocked out.

Glancing up into to Nick’s blue eyes, Carrie asked concernedly, “Are you okay?”

“Perfectly fine,” Nick replied earnestly looking down at her.

“Good. I—I just wanted to make sure I didn’t crush those golden lungs,” Carrie rambled as her heart fluttered.

“No, you didn’t.”

“Oh, okay. Good,” Carrie hushed.

Raising his hand up to brush aside a stray hair from Carrie’s face Nick tried bending his head closer to Carrie’s lips, only to be interrupted by Carrie’s voice and push of hands, “So, my dad settled into his room.”

Dropping his head back to the bed, Nick sighed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. “That’s great,” Nick muttered.

“Yeah,” Carrie replied, while extracting herself from Nick’s arms and the comfortable bed, “He was wondering what time we’re all meeting up for dinner tonight.”

“Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Dinner is at Brian’s around six. Kevin and Kristin are staying at his house and I think Howie and AJ might stop by for a day or two later on in the week,” Nick excitedly answered.

“Wow, I didn’t realize that I would be meeting the entire band,” Carrie said with a sudden bout of nervousness.

“I thought I mentioned it before. They really want to meet you,” Nick grinned mischievously, while lifting himself from the bed.

“Nick, your just full of surprises, aren’t you?”

“Yup,” Nick stated cockily. Clearing his throat and gathering some clothes that had magically seeped onto the carpet, Nick asked, “So when is your dad’s flight back home, tomorrow?”

“He’s leaving around ten in the morning. He figured that would give me enough time to get adjusted and what not. Plus, he has to work at eight the day after.”

“That sucks,” Nick sympathized.

“Yeah, anyway, I should go and get ready before we see Brian and his family. You know I’ve never met Baylee and I only briefly met Leighanne and Kristin at the hospital.”

“Oh yeah. Don’t be nervous about it. Kristin is cool and Leighanne can be a sweetheart,” Nick comforted, while gathering up the rest of his clothes.

Carrie chuckled, “Can be? I probably shouldn’t read too much into that sentence.”

Nick shrugged, knowing that he shouldn’t let his past personal beef with Leighanne mar Carrie’s perception of her. “Don’t worry. You’ll be fine tonight. You’re gonna be with friends and that’s all.”

“Yeah, you’re right but I suppose I’ll just get over these butterflies after the initial meeting,” Carrie agreed while heading toward the connecting door.

“Alright, I’m gonna get ready!” Carrie yelled from the adjoining suite.

“I’m gonna drive us down to Brian’s in an hour, so be ready!” Nick yelled, hoping Carrie wasn’t the type to take hours to get ready. “Well, this will certainly be an interesting dinner. I just hope Carrie’s dad won’t kill me by the end of the night,” Nick silently prayed.