- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So this is April Pic Challenge from mare over at the discussion board. The challenge is to write a fic based on the pic and to write it in a genre that I don't normally write and/or read. So I picked Romance written in the girl's POV although I think i failed on the Romance aspect. It's more alluding towards Romance just didnt quite happen. lmao it's 2 pages long and I had a hard time writing it. I give props to those who write Romance beautifully because dude, it's HARD.

The Charm Of Nick Carter

When Jim called me in his office a month ago, slapped my new assignment across the table and challenged me, in not so many words, if I could handle the job and to which I had said, rather smugly, that it’d be a piece of cake, I didn’t know I would have made a bet, spit on it and shake the hand of Jenny, our Editor, by the end of the day, a hundred bucks on the line, and I was fully sober too.

Jenny said in five minutes top, I would be gushing over Nick Carter, against my better judgment and/or will because he’d be the most charming, adorable, attractive man I’ll ever manage to capture on my lens.

Sure I think Nick Carter is attractive, I’ve seen a lot of photoshoot from the guy, but to say I’d be under his charm in five minutes would be giving him way too much credit. Besides, I’m a professional photographer.

I’d give myself at least 30 minutes before I probably caved.

The bet was over and done with exactly 30 seconds after Nick Carter walked into the studio.

He let out the mother of all belches and turned me off for the next 20 minutes that it took the make up artist to do their final touches on the guys. I fiddled with my cameras, check out the lightings with the tech guys and day dreamed about the hundred bucks Jenny owned me.

Then Nick Carter did the unthinkable.

He walked away from the hassle of the make up artists and went around the studio, introducing himself to the crews on set; from the technicians to the people in charge of their wardrobe changes, from the interns who were obviously not overjoyed to be given the job of standing by the snack corner to the random Joe who was sweeping the floor.

“Hi, I’m Nick.” He’d introduce himself and shake their hands as if no one and their hamster knew who he was.

I was the last person he introduced himself to, smiled that thousand watt smile I heard so much about and found myself grinning widely back at him and almost told him my entire life story.

“Your name’s Layla? My dog’s name is Layla!”

Aside from the thousand watt smile, I was beginning to question Jenny’s perception of ‘charming’ because telling a girl you just met and officially shake hands with less than five minutes that she has the same name as his dog wasn’t charming at all.

I said nothing but kept my smile, my brain, in the meantime, was already planning out ways to crush Jenny’s picture perfect adoration of this guy, and making her a hundred bucks short by tonight.

Thankfully, it only took Nick Carter seconds to realise what he had just said. The smile immediately wavered, and the make up artist could do with a little blusher on his cheeks because he was paling considerably.

He winced, probably feeling the phantom spear I had now stabbed in his heart. “I didn’t…that was…you’re nothing like my dog.”

“Hmm…I don’t know…I’ve been called a bitch quite a lot.”

And just to prove the point (that I’m a bitch) I snapped a picture and left him blinded for a few seconds as he blinked the dark spots away.

“That’s perfect,” I smiled. “I think we’re going to have a lot of fun on this session Nick.”

Later that night, as I had dinner with Jenny and got her to hand over the hundred bucks with my name written on it, I told her that if it hadn’t been for Kevin, the tall, dark, handsome one, who had decided it was time to step in to our little conversation and asked if Nick was flirting with me, I’d probably scored his number (or he’d scored mine, same difference) and we’d probably go out on a date and we’d probably have a lot of hardcore sex and I’d be the fan’s new #1 enemy.

Jenny said I’m too arrogant for my own good, I told her I agree, and then proceeds to tell her that Nick copped a feel when we hugged goodbye and kissed me on the cheeks.

“So you were charmed by Nick Carter after all!” Jenny squealed, which was kind of disturbing seeing how she’s happily married and Nick Carter was the same age as her brother Ian.

“Did you even hear what I told you?” I stressed. “He was groping me. I’d date him in a heartbeat, but charmed I was not.”

Jenny told me I was just playing hard to get.

The photoshoot was a success. The boys teased Nick all day, saying he wasn’t allowed to flirt with the photographer, which led to AJ’s hip thrusting poses as I clicked away and then playfully encouraged him to give me more, while Kevin stepped on Nick as Howie playfully told him to ‘stay down’ (like he’s a dog or something) and Brian, surprising everyone, when he said ‘AJ, stop fucking the lens’.

I wish I was quick enough to snap a picture of the guys’ reaction, but I was busy making sure I heard what I heard.

Jenny dropped by my desk this morning to pass a copy of the magazine issue with the Backstreet Boys’ spread. The interview was three pages long and by the end of it, I was grinning like an idiot.

The photoshoot was fun, it was the most relaxing one I’ve ever had, the crews were awesome and the photographer seriously kicks ass…and cute. – Nick

To be perfectly honest, Nick charmed everyone when he went about casually introducing himself. There was no air of celebrity there, everyone was equal in his eyes, and I love the fact that he dropped his last name and go by ‘Nick’, squeezed your hand a little as you shake hands with him, as if to let you know he’s right there and he pays attention and this was real.

I was charmed all right. Jenny just doesn’t have to know that. Besides, it was much more fun to watch her annoyed at me, it’s almost like an entertainment to kill the boredom away.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket