- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
AH! I have been gone forever [or so it seems?] College is chaotic!!! The work load is insane, and I'm only taking SUMMER classes! I'm afraid to know what fall is like. With that said, here's chapter 14! It's short [my apologies]. Hopefully I can get another chapter out within the next few days!! Please review! Thanks!
“What do you mean, she’s complicated, Nick?” Brian frowned and took a chug from the bottle of Bud Light. “She seems great!”

“I never said she wasn’t great,” Nick shook his head and peeled a little of the beer label away on his own bottle. “She’s one of those girls you can’t just jump into a relationship with, ya know? You have to actually…” he hesitated, not sure what word he was looking for.

“Build one?” Brian chuckled and shook his head. “Welcome to the real world, buddy.” He stood up, still laughing after his friend’s previous remark and patted Nick on the back.

Nick sighed and rolled his eyes, soaking in the scene from the nightclub. He smiled as he spotted her. Damn, she was beautiful. She never ceased to amaze him in the short time that he had known her. Alex’s brown hair was flowing all around her shoulders in loose curls. Her big brown eyes made Nick’s lips turn up in a smile. The long black tube top was sexy but sophisticated, hugging her in all the right places. Her dark blue jeans clung tightly to her and the heels accented her legs. Nick stood to his feet and went to greet her. “You look amazing.” He mumbled softly in her ear and kissed her cheek on his way back up.

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” she winked and smiled, blushing from his appearance. His black dress shirt was perfect for his form. His appearance always made her weak in the knees. “Nick, you remember my roommate, Kerstin?” Alex leaned forward and reintroduced.

“Absolutely,” Nick smiled politely. “Nice to see you again.”

“You too,” Kerstin nodded in agreement. Kerstin looked around the club and caught the eyes of a tall man off in the distance. “I’m gonna go dance.” She smiled at Alex and walked away.

Alex smiled and shook her head. “She’s always looking for the guys…” she laughed and tucked a strand of hair behind her double pierced ear. Nick smiled at the way she seemed so happy and carefree.

“What about you?” Nick questioned. Alex frowned, confused by his question. “Do you always seek out the hot guys?” He smirked and leaned toward her to whisper in her ear. Alex’s eyes darted between Nick’s eyes and the floor below her.

“I’ve already found one…” she smiled with crimson colored cheeks. Nick smiled at her answer and nodded approvingly.

“Well. Why don’t you dance with this guy you’ve already spotted?” He joked and nudged her arm gently. She laughed and glanced into his ocean blue eyes.

“If he asked me…I’d say yes,” she smirked back. At that note, Nick offered her his hand and motioned to the dance floor. The couple met in the middle of the floor as “Buy You A Drink” blasted through the speakers. Alex’s stomach was full of butterflies. Nick made every breath get stuck in the center of her throat. He didn’t even have to touch her to make her weak in the knees. A simple glance from his blue eyes made her heart flutter.

Nick wrapped his arms firmly around Alex’s middle as they found a comfortable rhythm in the music. Alex smiled at how amazing his hands felt. They were so big and so strong and had this way of making her feel safe and sexy at the same time. His hands gently massaged her lower back as she wrapped her arms comfortably around his neck and pulled his head down to hers. Nick smirked and licked his lips, seducing Alex more than ever. Alex smiled and closed her eyes, tugging on his neck for a soft, yet passionate kiss. It was only their second kiss, but Alex felt perfect doing it.

“Do you realize how sexy you’re being?” Nick muttered softly in her ear as he gently kissed her neck.

“Am I?” Alex smirked sarcastically. She tilted her neck at the feeling of Nick’s warm breath on her skin. “If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’re being pretty seductive yourself, Mr. Carter.”

Nick laughed and smiled as his eyes danced in hers. Alex bit her bottom lip as he kissed her once more. He was perfect. This felt perfect.