- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
SO. This chapter is very long & exciting! I hope you all enjoy!! Let me know!
“Do you always have this kind of effect on girls,” Alex smirked as she and Nick approached the bar. Nick smirked and shook his head slowly. “That can’t be true. You’re Nick Carter. You must have that infamous charm on every woman you lay eyes on.”

“Ah, but not purposely,” he shook a finger in front of Alex’s eyes and smirked. “I only try to get that outcome from certain women. And lately? The only woman I’ve tried to have an effect over…is you.” He mumbled. Alex blushed at his bluntness. Why is he being so honest with me? Alex questioned herself. “I’m being serious, by the way.” He smiled and kissed her cheek gently. “What can I get you to drink?” He asked, completely switching the subject around. Alex smirked and bit her bottom lip gently.

“I could go for a cosmopolitan right about now,” Alex smirked and gasped softly as she was pushed gently from the side and fell towards Nick. Nick instinctively brought his arms out and placed them around Alex to steady her.

“You sure about that?” Nick chuckled softly. “You haven’t even had one yet and you’re already falling all over the place.” He winked, completely joking. Alex rolled her eyes and turned at the soft touch on her shoulder.

“I’m so sorry, Miss,” the woman smiled.

“No problem,” Alex shook her head with a smile.

“M-Macy?” Nick frowned, completely shocked to see her there. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m clubbing, Nickolas,” Macy sighed and raised her eyebrows momentarily. “And you?” She muttered and sent a rude glance Nick’s way.

“Didn’t realize you were the only one that was allowed to go clubbing, Macy,” Nick muttered with more rudeness than Alex had heard from his own lips since she had met him. She had heard he had quite the temper, but she had yet to see it.

“I see you’ve moved on. Big surprise,” Macy mumbled. Alex was a little taken back. She didn’t even know this girl. How dare she comment on her and Nick? “Be careful. He’s complicated. And if you haven’t figured it out already? He’s not like, great in bed or anything.” Macy scoffed and walked off with a drink.

“Damn her,” Nick mumbled and shook his head. “Listen, I’m sorry…” he mumbled. He handed the bartender the money for his and Alex’s drink, and ran his fingers through his hair. “I…uh, I need to step outside for a minute…” he mumbled. “I’ll be back in a few minutes.” He made his way past Alex and didn’t bother to say anything else.

Alex was shocked, but didn’t make an effort to follow him. It really did sound like he needed to be alone for a little while. Alex sighed and twirled a curl around her index finger. “Hey!” Kerstin smiled from behind her.

“Hi!” Alex tried to sound excited and placed a smile on her lips as she took a sip from the cosmopolitan. “Are you having fun?” She smirked. Kerstin had a frown on her face.

“Where’s lover boy?” Kerstin asked curiously.

“He had to go outside for a minute…” Alex shrugged. “So, meet any hot guys yet?” She smiled, trying to distract her friend and change the subject. She knew her plan had worked when she saw the smile grace her friend’s lips.

“Yeah, actually, I did,” she smirked. “And he’s one of Nick’s friends. Howie.” She smiled. “He’s a total sweetheart and a really hot dancer.” She raised her eyebrows in approval.

“Awesome,” Alex smiled and took another sip from her drink. Her eyes drifted to the side as she watched the girl named Macy staring at her. “Um, can you hold on a second?”

“Yeah, definitely,” Kerstin smiled and made her way to the bar to grab a drink while her friend took care of whatever she needed to.

“Hi,” Alex muttered as she approached the woman she had just been introduced to with a small smile. “Is there something wrong?” She frowned. Alex was never one for confrontation, however lately Alex had been a different woman.

“No,” Macy shrugged and shook her head. “I’m just shocked, that’s all.” She took a sip from the drink she had in her own hands. “Nick usually isn’t the type to fall for your type.”

“And what is my type?” Alex folded her arms across her chest and frowned. What is wrong with me? She asked herself. Yet, it didn’t stop her.

“Hmm. The study type. The stay at home girl that never leaves her apartment unless it includes a trip to the library and a nice stop by a popular coffee shop where all the creepy writers hang out and lose themselves on their laptops,” she mumbled and Alex could clearly detect the attitude in her voice.

“Well, you must be mistaken,” Alex mumbled and began to walk by Macy. “Because Nick Carter is my type.” Alex muttered and walked by briskly, only to be yanked back by Macy’s arm.

“No, honey, you just think that. Along with the rest of the female population of America,” Macy muttered, this time much louder. A few people began to turn and look at the two girls.

“Oh really? Who’s the one with him at a club tonight?” Alex mumbled and downed the rest of her drink before placing the glass on a side table and taking a step back.

“Honey, he just wants to get you in bed,” Macy shook her head and laughed.

“You should really stop calling me that. I’m not dating you, last time I checked,” Alex said and stumbled backwards as Macy began to approach her even more closely than before. Alex swallowed the lump growing in her throat. Macy was giving the feeling that she was about to begin a fight. Now was, obviously, not the time to back down.

“Hah! Dating? You are not dating Nick Carter,” Macy shook her head angrily. “Nick Carter doesn’t date.” She reached her arms out and shoved Alex so her back was against a wall. Those people that hadn’t turned their heads to check out the scene yet automatically glanced over. Alex didn’t know what she was supposed to do next. She had seen a few fights in movies and read about them in stories, but she never knew how she would handle the situation because she had never placed herself in the situation. So upon instinct, she reached up and blocked the next blow from Macy.

“I never said we were dating!” Alex yelled loudly as Macy took a swing at her face. She made contact, too. My God, she made contact. Alex felt the sting from Macy’s fist pulsate through her eye and in the back of her head. She had to blink a few times before she could fully open her eyes, only to see Macy coming at her once more. Now she wasn’t scared about what to do…she was pissed. She brought her arm up and smacked Macy across the face as hard as she could.

“Bitch!” Macy yelled loudly and brought her hand up to hold her stinging cheek.

Suddenly the music stopped and bouncers were running over to separate the two girls. Alex could barely keep her eye open. During one of her blinking sessions, however, she spotted Nick running back into the club.

“What the hell happened?” Nick yelled to no one in particular. He went over to Alex and motioned for the bouncers to release her. “Are you okay?”

“She hit her first,” one of the people in the club that had seen everything happened expressed, trying to get across that Macy had, indeed, shoved and then swung at Alex.

“Do you always have to be a bitch?” Nick turned towards his ex girlfriend and shook his head. “Do you need a doctor?” He glanced at Alex who shook her head ‘no’.

“Alex! Oh my God!” Kerstin yelled and ran over, drink in one hand, Howie’s hand in the other. “Damn bitch! I’m going to beat the shit out of you!” She yelled and went to lunge at Macy, only to be held back by another bouncer.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Carter. But ya’ll are going to need to leave,” one of the bouncers looked apologetically at Nick who just nodded. He wrapped his arm protectively around Alex to steady her to make it out of the club. Kerstin and Howie weren’t far behind. Once Brian heard what happened, he appeared outside, too.

“I am so sorry,” Nick sighed and tried to get a better look at Alex’s right eye under the streetlight. His sky blue eyes were full of concern and Alex couldn’t help but smile.

“Who said this was your fault?” Alex smirked sarcastically. Of course, Nick was the topic of interest but she wasn’t going to admit that to him. It was embarrassing for her to admit she was fighting over him.

“Oh, I don’t know,” he rolled his eyes sarcastically. “I guess the fact that you got into a fist fight with my ex girlfriend just kinda gave it away.” He smirked and held her face steady between his hands.

Alex smirked and placed her hands on top of his, which were still cupping her face. “Baby girl, come on. You need to get ice on that.” Kerstin mumbled, still completely distraught that her best friend had gotten punched in the face.

“Um…don’t take this the wrong way,” Nick mumbled as he let his hands fall from Alex’s face. “But I really want to make sure you’re okay in the morning…there are two beds in my hotel…we have a medical staff that travels with us…do you want to come back and stay at my hotel?” He questioned hesitantly. “Your friend’s welcome to come.” He glanced at Kerstin. “There’s a pull-out couch, too.”

“N-No, I’m fine,” Kerstin smiled, totally soaking in the offer her friend just received. “You go.” She winked.

“You sure?” Alex smiled. She really did want to go. Even though her nerves were eating away at the inside of her stomach, she wanted to spend more time with Nick. Kerstin nodded. “Okay.” She sighed. She glanced back up at Nick with a smile on her face. “Lead the way.”