- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, sorry for the slight delay! Midterms are Monday [ew] so I'll be using most of my time this weekend to study. Hopefully the next chapter/possibly Epilogue will be out Monday/Tuesdayish. REVIEWS!!
A smile formed over Alex’s lips when she heard the great news. Her book had hit bookstores the next morning. She picked up the phone and dialed the familiar number. “Hello?” She heard his voice.

“Brian? It’s Alex,” she sighed. She knew those boys hated her. “Now before you hang up, please hear me out.”

“What could you possibly want to say to me?” He sounded so bitter. Alex sighed and closed her eyes, praying this would work.

“Listen to me,” she muttered. “My book hit the stores this morning. I need you to go out and pick up a copy and get it to Nick. I need him to read it.” She gnawed on her lip nervously. “Please?”

“And why would I want to do that?” Brian spat angrily. Tears filled Alex’s eyes. She had never heard him like this before. “You made a complete fool out of him, Alex! You broke every part of his trust. And because you did that, you lost mine.” He muttered. She thought he was going to hang up.

“Brian, please!” She cried. “You have to believe me. I know what I did was wrong. I know.” She explained. “But please trust me. I-I…he means a lot to me.” She explained and hung up the phone. She didn’t think this was going to work out at all. She had an idea it was all going to end right then and there. She tried. What more could she do?

With Nick

“Just read it,” Brian muttered and threw the book down on the hotel bed where his best friend was packing for Florida.

“Why the hell did you go out and buy this piece of shit?” Nick spat and threw the book at the floor. Brian sighed. He knew this would happen. Honestly, he didn’t even know why he had gone out and followed Alex’s instruction. But when he opened the front page and read it himself, it all made sense.

“Just trust me, okay?” Brian sighed. “I know what you’re feeling and how upset you are with her, okay? I get that. But just hear me out. I know you love her.”

“Never,” Nick shook his head and looked away so his friend wouldn’t see the tears in his eyes. “She was just another useless girl that tried to take my fame…my money.”

“I think you’re wrong,” Brian muttered and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Well, what do you know?” Nick shot back. The last few weeks, his bandmates had dealt with his crap. Nick hadn’t been in the best mood ever since he and Alex had their falling out. “Sorry…” he muttered and rubbed his temples. “It just kinda came out.”

“Listen,” Brian patted his friend on the back. “I know you’re pissed at her, okay? But just hear me out…you’re going to want to read this book. At least the first few pages…”

With that, Brian stood up and left. Nick sighed and grabbed the book off the floor. You’re a Part of me Now. A new title, however the cover was the same as the posters he had been dealing with for the past few weeks. He opened the front cover to begin.

About the Author

Who am I? I really can’t tell you because I’m not sure myself. A few months ago, I didn’t think I was anyone. I thought I was a useless body walking the streets of New York amongst thousands of other bodies. But then I met this person that made me feel like the entire world revolved around me. I allowed that feeling to take control and it swallowed me into this world of perfection. All my life I’ve been Alex McIntosh, but lately? I’ve been someone else. Someone that’s not real. I’ve used this opportunity to find myself, so to say. And I have. Writing this novel has brought out the Alex McIntosh that I’ve grown to love over the past years. I’m Alex. This is my story.

Nick sighed and flipped the page. Was she being real? Was she being honest in her words? Nick wasn’t sure whether or not to believe her.

Introduction

Many of you are probably wondering why I’ve decided to change the title of my story. I’m going to be honest with you. Originally, the story was supposed to mock the way some men treat women in today’s society. All along I thought it was a great idea. That was until I met my target. I knew from the beginning he was different, but I was hoping I could pull off my job and love life at the same time. I didn’t realize they would rudely connect and both disown me as if I didn’t exist. My publisher dropped my story because I refused to write it the way they wanted. My “boyfriend” left me because he found out about the idea.

I should have told him about it in the first place. I should have been upfront and honest. But I wasn’t. I know I hurt him and I’m sorry for it. It was, in the beginning, my intention. But my intentions changed dramatically along the way. People ask me – what’s worse? Losing your job or your boyfriend? In this case…it was a shock to me. The boyfriend. Because he was so much more than that. He wasn’t the Nick Carter you see on TV and hear on the radio. He was the Nick Carter that took time to know me because he was interested. He wasn’t the “typical guy” girls complain about so frequently these days. He was different.

So I decided to change the story idea. Instead of writing about feelings and things that aren’t true, I decided to write my story. Every girl should know that there is someone for them out there. And even though Nick and I are no longer together, he will always have this weird, special place in my heart. I had never felt like he made me feel before and that means something…real. I thank him for being patient with me and understanding me. Because I’ve never been able to understand myself.

So even though my story isn’t a happily ever after fairytale, I wouldn’t trade it in for anything else. Nick taught me something. He taught me to be myself and to love as if there’s no tomorrow.

I will love him till the end of forever, because he’s a part of me now.