- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OKAY. So I'm ending it :[ Sorry kids. To be honest, I've come up with a new story idea and I'm running with that one. I really don't want to have 3 stories out at once. PLUS, besides my two [sometimes three] consistent reviewers [Moppy, blueleeryan and Anita] no one really reviewss :[ So that makes me sad. So I'm going to try my new story, and maybe I'll return to do a sequel? We shall see!

Thank you to everyone that's reviewed!! I really appreciate it and love you guys for it. Let me know what you think about the ending. Sorry it's so short :[
Alex smiled back at all the faces staring back at her. “I thank you all very much for coming.” She stated politely. A typical book opening. Every magazine and newspaper in the city was there. “This journey has been a long and interesting one, to say the least. I started off playing a game – trying to be someone I wasn’t. I succeeded in that,” Alex smiled around at the one hundred some faces. Until she hit the one she never thought she’d see again. “I played that game. Even though the subject of the game – Nick Carter – thought he was the only one being played, he’s wrong.” His eyes seemed to frown as he glared back at her. The glare wasn’t completely out of anger. He was just confused. “I played myself. More so than I think I played him.

“But that doesn’t mean I’m sorry,” she sighed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “Because I truly am. I’m not sure I could ever forgive myself.” She shook her head as tears pooled in her eyes.

He gave her a small smile to reassure her that everything was okay. “Please feel free to join us for autographs tomorrow here at noon until five,” the publisher smiled. The audience began asking questions but Alex pushed away from them to get to him.

“I didn’t think you’d ever want to see me again,” Alex allowed a small smile to grace her lips. “And I’d understand if you never did. What I did was horrible, Nick. It really was. All this time I knew what was happening but I avoided it and allowed my work to take over.”

“And what exactly was happening, Alex?” Nick frowned and rocked back on his heels. A frown appeared over his brow as he studied her face closely.

Alex bit her bottom lip and blushed. How could she just tell him how she felt? How could she tell him that she was in love with him? It wasn’t that easy. “I-I was falling for you.”

“Falling for real? Or falling for pretend, Alex,” he muttered so no one around them could hear their conversation.

“Falling for real,” Alex whispered back as a tear slipped from the corner of her eye. She quickly brought the back of her hand up to wipe away the tear so Nick wouldn’t see it. “I’m truly sorry I wasn’t able to be honest with you, Nick. If I could go back…I would change it.”

“I think we learn from everything in life,” Nick mumbled as he glanced down towards the ground.

“You’re right,” Alex sighed. “So maybe I wouldn’t change everything. But I do know that I’ve learned that I love you.” She said so softly, Nick wasn’t sure he had heard her right. She waited to see what his expression would be.

“That’s good to know,” he nodded simply.

She sighed and went to continue on. “I would change things because I would want you to feel the same…but I know that it can’t be done and I understand that. I thank you for all the amazing times we had together and I wish you the best in your career. I truly hope I haven’t hurt that in anyway. Goodbye, Nick,” Alex looked down at the ground as more tears spilled from her eyes and went to walk away. Before she could, Nick caught her arm.

“I don’t think I can just let you walk away,” he mumbled. Alex frowned, completely confused. “Through all of this I’ve learned that I can’t walk away from you because you’re a part of me now.”

Alex smiled as the pad of his thumb reached up to wipe away her tears and his lips tenderly fell upon hers. Maybe her story would have a happy ending after all.