- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
More reviews please! Reviews keep me writing, lol.
Alex’s head seemed to be spinning in circles. She couldn’t think properly. All she knew was that Kerstin had insisted they go out to the dance floor to find them some men. As she danced closely to one in particular, she felt her stomach twisting and turning uncomfortably.

“I-I have to go…” she slurred as she tried to find a sign for the bathrooms. With a little luck, she spotted a pay phone and realized a bathroom should be close by. She felt the contents of her alcohol slowly sliding up her throat and she couldn’t contain herself anymore. She ran through the nearest door and puked in the nearest stall. “God damn, why is there only one stall in this fucking bathroom?” She muttered as she wiped a trail of saliva and vomit from her bottom lip. She pulled her cell phone out of her pocket to text Kerstin and tell her where she was. As the door to the restroom swung open, another rush of vomit spilled from her mouth.

“Why the hell are you in here?!” A male voice yelled from behind her. She hadn’t had enough time to close the stall door.

“I don’t remember this being a unisex bathroom,” Alex muttered hastily as she tried to wobble to her feet to seriously yell at the blonde intruder. “You’re in the wrong bathroom.”

“Uh, I’m not drunk enough to be in the wrong bathroom,” he muttered, eyeing her top and the way her jeans hung on her hips. “You, on the other hand, obviously are.”

Even though her drunkenness, Alex realized this man was checking her out. She stumbled slightly as she tried to push past him and he reached out to catch her arm. “Is there someone with you to take care of you?” He asked her. He didn’t sound the least bit sincere.

“I’m here with a friend,” Alex mumbled and shook out of his hold. Her head was still very hazy and she didn’t quite understand how she had ended up in the men’s bathroom, and yet pushed her way through the door anyway.

“Alex? Is that you?” Kerstin frowned as she watched her friend come out of the opposite sex’s bathroom. She laughed, partly because she was on her way to being drunk and partly because she couldn’t believe she had gotten Alex so wasted. “Sweetie, come on. You should go sit down and drink some water…” she lead Alex back to the booth and made sure to get her a water. “Found any insensitive assholes yet?” She smirked and sat down.

Alex shook her head ‘no’ as she sipped some of the cold ice water. “Well…sort of. In the bathroom.”

“That’s a very interesting place to meet a man,” Kerstin laughed at the strangeness. “Where is he?” She glanced around the club to see if she could spot him.

“Uh,” Alex looked around on her own. No luck. “I don’t see him anymore. He had blonde hair--”

“Feeling better?” Someone interrupted. It was the man. Alex blushed a deep crimson color and watched as he slid into her booth next to her. “That was pretty disgusting back there.”

Alex glanced at Kerstin who just raised her eyebrows in approval and curiosity and slipped out of the booth to go back and dance. “Yeah…sorry…” Alex didn’t really know what to say. She wasn’t good at this department in life.

“It’s cool,” the man smoothly wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “So…what do you say you come dance with me…” he suggested.

“I don’t even know your name,” she slurred and took another long gulp of water to try and cool her nerves. God, was this going to be this nerve wracking? She had met this man in the bathroom for Christ’s sake as she was puking up her insides.

“Nick,” he knelt his head down and kissed her neck gently. “Nick Carter. And you?” He smirked.

“Alex McIntosh,” she mumbled, totally amused by his liking to her. She, however, knew he was only in it for one thing. Even though she was currently wasted off her ass, she couldn’t help but notice Nick glancing at something (or someone) in the distance. Why wasn’t he fully focused on her? Oh, that’s right! He’s an insensitive pig! He was probably scoping out other women for future sex. He would try to get with Alex tonight and possibly pull a few numbers from other girls. That had to be it, Alex thought to herself.

“Well, Alex. Will you dance with me?” He questioned rather innocently. Alex couldn’t help the goofy smile that fell over her lips (it was mostly from the alcohol).

“You should know I can’t dance right now after you saw me barfing up a lung in the bathroom,” she tried to escape his grasp but he managed to gently pull her right out of the booth. “In fact, I feel another wave of nausea coming over me…”

“You’ll be fine,” Nick mumbled, wrapping his arms strongly around her. “The water cooled you off.” Even though Alex could smell a hint of alcohol off of Nick’s breath, she knew he wasn’t completely trashed. He turned her around so her back was to him and let his hands roam her flat stomach. She felt uneasy and swallowed a lump in her throat. He was very sexy looking -- blonde hair, blue eyes…very tall and strong. She allowed him to take the lead as they began to grind to the music.

God, why wasn’t this easier than Alex thought it would be? She could feel something growing in the pit of her stomach…and God only knew it wasn’t the alcohol.