- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this chapter is kinda short, and all Cally, but it had to be done for the whole story setting up thing. Yeah. And I know it's been awhile since I updated. But I'm in the mode again for this so yay. I think it's cause the prequel to this one, "Just Another Day" is featured this month hehe. And I do thank everyone, especially everyone reading. So lemme know whatcha think. Laters and enjoy :)
“Glitz and Glamour”

Chapter Seven: The Morning After

Major, major headache. Wow. Oooh and light. Ow. Ow ow ow. Okay, not liking that at all. Bleh, yeah, bed? You’re my new bestest buddy right now. Because that’s totally where I’m staying. I feel like poopy. Then, as I decide this, comes a knocking, which sounds more like bombs going off right next to me.

Knock. KABOOM!

And now my head is throbbing like crazy, even more now. (Yes I am now pouting.) But I know who it had to be, and I can’t just say go away or anything like that. I mean I can but hellooo he’s my boyfriend who cares about me bunches and wants to check on me and all that jazz. I know I’ve gotten better about not giving in, but it’s Nick, and I never said I was a hundred percent there yet and…I’m rambling again.

“C’mon in.”

And so he did, still having a tousled head of golden bed hair, a sneaky smile resting on his face. My eyes close, because that light hurts and is starting to bug me more. That hurts, my head hurts, and my tummy is all queasy. Just…make it all go away. Did I catch something last night? It did have an early chill. Weather being wonky and all since it’s only August. Last thing I really remember is Nick getting me to dance inside the club crazily enough. He does help me get bold, even if I don’t tell him how nervous that can make me at times. The rest? Total blur. Oh well, I trust Nick. I just wish he’d shut that darn door so I can open my eyes a little more without going blind or making my head feel all explode-y.

Finally it does shut. Yay!

“How ya feeling Cally baby?”

Ugh. Bleh. Ick. Uck. Meh… “Must you yell…it hurts.”

“Baby I wasn’t yelling.”

“Oh.” Felt like it. “I feel siiiiiiick.” I get so sulky when I feel crappy. Well… it does suck!

He sat beside me on the bed, giving me enough comfort so I can let my eyes close yet again. I feel his hand stroking my face gently, soothing me to a very inviting idea of sleep. His other hand held a thermos however, and I could hear his fingers tapping against it idly. “Not sick.”

“Yes sick.” I’m comfuzzled, how is he saying I’m not sick? I so am.

“Hella hung over.”

He set the thermos on the nightstand as I sat up abruptly at the comment. Way way too quick I might add. Whoa. Uh. Um. Uh oh. I know Nick saw my face suddenly turn his favorite color because he dashed for the trashcan by my bed. Holding it quickly for me, I ended up tossing my cookies in within seconds of that. Yuck. Once done my mouth tasted nasty and I just wanted to crawl back under my comfy blue and yellow blankets. He just rubbed my back and held back my hair from my face. Once done, he handed me the water bottle from beside my bed and I took a swig to get that bleh out of my mouth.

“Hung over?” Yeah I just now remember why I sat up so quickly to begin with.

“Yeah, bartender gave you Long Island Iced teas, hella filled with alcohol baby.”

“Oh…” And here is where Cally feels totally naïve, childlike, and stupid. Almost nineteen years old and I don’t know that? And I live in LA? Plus my boyfriend is famous? Yeah. I should crawl under a rock. Damn and now I’m turning red. That’s it, staying in bed forever. Forever. FOR-EV-ER. (Tell me you’ve seen Sandlot…never mind) Does explain why I’m not in my pajamas though.

“Here, drink this.” He said, remembering the thermos again, handing me it ever so gently. I can see the concern in his eyes, nice feeling. Taking the lid off and the smell of that…stuff attacks my poor nose as it fills my senses. That smells…well odd. I glance at Nick, who’s still watching me as if I’m somehow interesting. I still don’t get how I am to him. Oh lordie, if I got drunk (even accidentally…) just what did I do? And oh, oh, oh Lordie…did any media catch it. Oh now I feel sicker.

“So what is in this stuff?” Act calm and natural. Come on, you’re not that over rambly nervous girl anymore, at least not vocally.

“A hangover remedy. Howie’s mom used to make it for me and Jay. Gave me the recipe a couple years ago. Before warning me if she found me drunk again she’d go Puerto Rican on me.”

“Hehe…still doesn’t answer my question you know.”

“Trust me Cally Baby, you don’t wanna know. Ya drink it in one gulp, no stopping. But you’ll feel better in an hour. Saved me way more damn times than I can count.” He kisses me gently, and despite my icky feeling for the day, it deepened sweetly before hands began to travel, and I’m the one to pull away again, feeling a bit odd. He stood as I shook that off. Nick is cute when he’s all in caring mode.

“I gotta go to rehearsal since we’re tourin’ soon. I’ll be back later Cal, and I’ll be taking you out.”

“Out where?”

“You’ll see.”

“Aww come on.”

“Nope.”

“Tease.”

And there’s that smirk again. “Yup, and ya love it.” And with that, he leaves the room. Soon after I can hear the door shut, and moments later, his beloved BMW pulling away. I took another whiff of the drink before me. Oh… my. But I felt so bad, because he made it because he cares about me. I should drink it. But um, yeah, it’s a read and creamy type color, lumpy looking, and not the most appealing thing to swallow. Still, pinching my nose, I lifted the thing and downed the concoction in one gulp.

Oh bezel my ever loving jezels.

I let my eyes shut, wishing away the beyond terrible taste in my mouth. Just what was in that stuff?

Never mind.

A yawn escapes me and I let myself just doze away, but not for long. Less than an hour really. I turn on the TV across from me after my catnap, still feeling lazy, only to see the entertainment news. Oh joy.

‘Nick Carter and new girlfriend Calypso were seen at Mood nightclub last night. Rumors are swirling of her getting out of control that night. Also that he may be sneaking around on her already with heiress socialite London Miffton. And who can blame him when you compare the two? Really as his former-”

Okay, TV is off. Bad idea. London Miffton, isn’t she that annoying heiress famous for nothing but the phrase “That’s Hot”? Why would they say there are rumors of those two? I know he’s not doing that. But rumors start somewhere…and she is so pretty even I have to say it. Cally, it’s a media rumor. Forget it.

Well, I do feel better, so yay. Let’s try the computer. Yes, I’m curious. Wouldn’t you be? This whole thing is still so new to me. And even if Livedaily is full of crazy fans with too much time on their hands, I still get curious as to what they say. Especially since last night we finally decided to let the public actually see us on one of our dates and not try to hide it under a guise of friendship. So as I click onto the message board, the phone rings as usual. Expecting it to be Izzy or Sebastian, I answer.

“Yes Iz I did go out to the club, for once the news is a little legit-” I start before she can, knowing what she’d say.

But remember, I’m anything but perfect, and like always, I’m wrong.

“Calypso Lynn Rayne! So what I heard on the news today about you going around all drunk and stupid with that idiot rockstar manwhore of a boyfriend of yours-”

Oh my god.

Holy Lordie.

“Blossom?”

My perfect sister. She, the one I’ve always been told to be like. The one who can do it all. She, the beautiful and gorgeous sister compared to my fair plainer and way more ordinary looks. I know I’m not ugly. I knew before Nick, and Nick loves to remind me everyday who he loves how I look and everything about me. But even so, I’m still not spectacular. She, Blossom Dawn Rayne (well now Cartella since she got married) was always in my life as the example of what I could never be but what I should have been. And I didn’t like reminders of that anymore, because I know what I can be and what I’ll shine at. In trying to get sooooo far away from that, I don’t talk to her as much I admit. She’s also, the annoying second mother figure. One was enough. I love my sister, but I can admit our relationship isn’t the best. Not as bad as say me or Johnny D though.

“Yes Cally, I was calling to check on you when mom gave me this number, telling me how you were shacking up with that no good rockstar of yours.”

“He…he’s more than just a rockstar.”

“More? Yeah more things that can help ruin you.”

“No. And I-I-I’m not shacking up; we’re roommates who happen to date.”

“Uh-huh, I’m not stupid Calypso.”

“I-I…”

“See not even an excuse.”

That’s it. I’m not that girl who can be forced into a mold anymore. I’m past that. I really am. I broke out and that’s why I live here to begin with. “I’m saying the truth and I don’t need excuses. I’m an adult if you weren’t paying attention. If I, well if I want to not go to go to college and shack up with my boyfriend as you call it, then darn it I can.”

“You’re destroying you’re future, people are only going to laugh when you fall. That world isn’t made for girls like you Calypso, with the way you are…”

“You mean my not looking like a Barbie. I don’t care! I’m going to go to an art school, date Nick Carter, like I want to. Bye Blossom.”

I slammed the phone down. I can feel the tears burn my eyes but I won’t let any fall. No. Just because I expected this, doesn’t mean it doesn’t still hurt a girl. My sister had all but said I was ugly, hated the fact I was happy, free to do things my way instead of hers or my mothers. I glanced back the computer, scanning over the threads on the message board. I clicked on one announcing new Nick pictures from last night. There we were as we entered the club in all our glory. I looked, well hey I think I look kinda spiffy. I tried to at least, and I still think I looked good. Scared by all the cameras? Oh lordie yes, but good anyway. I skimmed through the comments, which were generally the same.

Why is he dating her? She looks awful.

She doesn’t even look comfortable there.

I think she’s gained more weight.

He shouldn’t even be dating her, he’d look better with London.

She’s so fat.

Stop I think she looks cute
(This I only saw twice in a twenty page thread)

Guess I’m almost alone in my thinking after all. Well Sebastian always said I danced alone to the beat of my own song. Some things don’t change I suppose. Le sigh.

Always the same message. From my family, from his fans, from the media. I don’t look the part. Managers telling me I need to slink away because I don’t belong. That he belongs with someone prettier, more famous, all around better. But that can’t be true. It still hurts to hear it all the same, no matter who’s saying it next.

I keep telling myself Nick must care about me. Sure no L-words have been used yet, but it has only been a bit over three months. He brought me in because he wanted me. He wanted me around and I loved being around me.

I do belong because he wants me to. That’s all that matters.

But what if they’re all right about me?

What then?