- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A tiny angsty piece in Brian's POV. No time set for this one, at least I don't think, lol.

Famous Last Words (Brian)

“It's just ‘round the corner, no biggie.”

He recalled sighing in resignation. That split second of acknowledgment where his brain said, 'dude, you seriously need to chill, the kid has a point.' He remembered nodding his head, a smile slowly forming at the corners of his lips as he waved him off lazily.

He remembered the young man's laughter and him rolling his eyes and failing miserably at sounding annoyed as he replied, “Famous last words, man.”

It was a joke, damn it.

He never came back. Turned ‘round the corner (no biggie) and met with some bad company. Wrong place, wrong time, they said. Probably saw what he shouldn't, and had to be kept quiet. Forever.

It was just round the corner. There were no sixth-sense-like-grandeur that hit him and told his heart that something was off. That he should get up from the couch and do something before it's too late. There was no stillness in the air, nothing ominous at all. Just...nothing.

Movies and books, he thought. Sometimes they are too clichéd for their own good.

Truth was, he was laughing at Wile E. Coyote's ass and munching on popcorns. Was burping on his last sip of Coke when the phone rang...there was nothing vaguely sixth sense-ish to that at all.

There were times when Brian looked back and wished he hadn't listen to his brain. Wished his last parting words to his brother wasn't “Famous last words, man.”, because he's (was) more than that, and he wondered if he'd said it enough (I love you, little brother) for the kid to know that he meant it.
Chapter End Notes:
I use 'little brother' instead of naming the person, so you can either visualise it to be AJ or Nick, both are his little brothers IMO. And this is fiction, I have no desires to see any of them killed, obviously, I'm just...morbid...sometimes, lol.