- Text Size +
They walk up to the door and rang the bell. Mean while Kayci intends to embarrass Alani by dancing to her own beat. The door opens and a girl no younger than fifteen answers the door and stares at Kayci. Kayci waved and smiled at the girl, who in return, awkwardly waves back. Alani tells the girl she needs to talk with whoever was in charge and she said she was, that everyone else was somewhere else, to wait for them and come in. Kayci walks in and starts singing Crazy Train.

”Mental wounds still screaming. Driving me insane, I'm going off the rails on a crazy train. I know that things are going wrong for me,You gotta listen to my words Yeah.” Kayci sang. Alani rolled her eyes and walks after the girl. Siryn, she said her name was, weird name if I said so myself. We eventually got stuck in the office in the chairs, Kayci was asleep, curled up on a short chair that was quite uncomfortable when something fell waking her up quickly. She looked up and saw a guy with a scruffy beard and he didn’t look happy, he looked messed up and over all fucked up.

“Hello.” Kayci greeted looking around for Alani to find her gone, she roll my eyes typical Alani dissappear when the drama comes. “Listen kid, what are you doin’ in the office asleep. Who are you anyway?” He asked.

“Are you the person in charge? My friend Alani and I came to teach.” She said confused, that’s all she was really told, to tell the truth.
He looked me over and stared at her.

“How old are you?” he asked. “ Nineteen.” Kayci said staring at him, a little freaked out. He nodded and walked away, leaving her confused and sleepy. But instread of sleeping more like a normal person with no sleep would do, she stood up and went to find Alani. Again not Normal okay? Anyway she walked into a Arcade room and saw Alani talking to a lady with Silverish hair.

“Alani.” KaycI said walking over. “Oh here she is, Kayci meet Ororo Munroe, she’s the headmaster here.” Alani said. Kayci pointed behind herself with her thumb, “I thought I just met the headmaster.” she said. Ororo looked at Alani who looked at her. “What did they look like?” Ororo asked intrested

“It was a guy with a white tank top, Jeans and a beard with scruffy hair.” she explained. “That would be Logan.” Ororo said with a smile. They talked some more before Ororo said for us to get some sleep, she showed us to our rooms, I got one across from Alani and beside a guy named Bobby?

“So did we get the job?” she asked Alani at the door. “Yeah we start tomorrow at eight thirty. “She said making Kayci groan and run in her room and hit the bed.

“Night Kace.” Alani laughed. “Night Lan. “she mumbled.

***Kayci’s Pov***
The next morning I woke up to cold water, I screamed and sat up. Alani stood at the end of my bed with a cup and smirking.

“Told you I’d get you back.” She said and walks back. I glared and got up and dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a blue shirt. As I walk into my classroom I see a bunch of kids, actually they were all older teenagers around my age.

“Hello.” I said and stood at the wall. They all said their hellos and stared. “Ok well, im going to be straight up with you all, im new and have no experience with teaching so bare with me.” I said, they all said okay and watched me. I take out a canvas and some paint.

“Ok everyone. I want simple matters, just your feelings. No stick figures.” I said and walk around watching people paint. One girl stuck out, she had brown hair but she could paint really well. “you're doing great. What’s your name?” I asked. “I'm Kitty Pryde.” She said and smiled.

“Well im Kayci Romance.” I said and she smiled. “I love your last name.” she said and I smiled. “Thank you, now keep working.” I said and got up .I walk around inspecting everyone’s work, everyone was really good but soon class was over and it was the weekend.

“Alright everyone, homework over the weekend is to draw a still life on a paper, nothing big just a small portrait.” I said. Everyone grabbed their stuff and left. I grabbed up my bag and walked out the door.

“Miss Romance” I hear being called. I turn around to see Kitty running to me. She stops and smiles. “Is it alright if I draw something small, its kind of an ice figurine?” She asked, I laughed. “Honey its June but yeah.” I said and she smirked.

“I know.” She said before walking away, I watched her walk away with a confused look. “Strange.” I mumbled. I walk to Alani’s room and see she’s not in there.

“The woman, who lives there, is in the office.” I heard so I turn around and see a boy with Brown hair and blue eyes, he smiles and points down the hallway.

“Thank you.” I said smiling. “Hey are you Miss Romance by any chance?” he asked. “That’s me, why?” I ask. “Oh my friend Kitty said you’re her favorite teacher so far, I'm Bobby…Bobby Drake.” He explained. I smiled and nodded.

“Thank you and I'm Kayci, but I better go find Alani.” I said and turn around. As I walked away I could have sworn I was being watched but I didn’t hear anything. I got to the office and walked in.

“Sup peoples.” I said sitting in a chair next to Alani. In the room held Ororo, Logan and two blue guys, a big muscular guy.

“Kayci, I want you to meet Kurt Wagner, Dr. Hank McCoy and Peter Rasputin, everyone meet our new Art and Photography teacher Kayci Romance,” Ororo introduced. Kurt walked over to me and stared at me.

“Your hair is realz?” he asked. “Yeah it turned that way and my eye color too.” I said honestly. He nodded and stepped back. I looked at everyone. “Can I go now?” I asked nicely.

“Sure.” Ororo said. I walk out and walk to the kitchen, as I walk in I see someone in the fridge, I didn’t pay any attention so I grabbed an apple and sat down at the Island bar and start eating. The person in the fridge came out and I about chocked on my apple.

“Warren?” I asked, shocked. He looked at me wide eyed. “Kayci, wait...what are you doing here?” he asked, a little surprised. I clear my throat and looked away. “I thought you took the cure, your wings are still there.” I explained. He nodded and looked.

“Yeah I decided not to change myself for father, and don’t change the subject Kayci Ann.” He demanded. I rolled my eyes and looked at him in the eyes. “Im a mutant Warren, you remember when I was twelve and I left, that’s why. I started controlling water, I could freeze it, unfreeze it anything,” I explained. He stared at me in complete shock.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked. “Well that’s why I came yesterday, but I chickened out.” I said. “KAYCI!” I hear being yelled. I looked at Warren and ran out. He ran behind me, as I walked outside I saw Alani looking in every door.

“Alani you act like you're dying.” I said pissed. “Sorry.” she apologized then she looks behind me and smiled. “Hello.” She said and walks past me shaking Warren's hand. “Alani I want you to meet Warren, Warren meet Alani my friend. “ I mumbled because I knew what was coming.

“Oh my gosh, you're Warren? Hey man! I've heard a lot about you.” Alani gushes making me slap my palm to my forehead. “Alani!” I said to distract her, she looks at me innocently

“What Kace?” she asked. I glared at her and twitch a little. “Did you just twitch?” Warren asked. “No.” I lied, I was bad at lying. “Yes you did, I know you Kayci.” He said. I grumbled and nodded.

“Come on and show me your powers.” He said grabbing my hand and holding it walking out the door to the yard. Alani was behind us making kissy faces and stuff like that that I turned around and glared making her stop. “Ok well I’ll stand over there and you do your power.” He said and walks away to where he pointed. I tilt my head and look at Alani.

“Kayci don’t do it bad, he doesn’t know your powers.” She said. I nodded and turned around and barely threw a water ball, it hits him and splashes his hair making it fall in his face. I giggled and walked over to him and spiked it while he’s watching me. I walked back.

“Ok go ahead.” He said again. I then stepped it up a notch and shoot ice at him, spiky ice cycles that made him fly up. “Oops.” I said smiling at him, he laughs and flew back. “That all you can do?’ he asked

“I don’t believe and using more than needed.” I said. He nodded and walked over. We walked back inside where Alani said she had to go to class, and I was alone…with Warren. “Lets go to the mall.” I said and grabbed his hand, his eyes got as big as a baseball.

“Hang on I have to get my harness. “he said, I wait for him by the door, he walks out with a black trench coat on making me laugh. “Stop laughing.” He whined. “But it looks so big on you.” I said walking toward the garage where my car was. We get in the garage and find the key holder rack.

“Which ones yours?” he asked looking around, I grab a key and walk over to my car and his mouth dropped. “How in the hell did you afford this?” he asked. “Called saving and I had like three jobs. “ I explained shrugging.

“What kind?” he asked. “Well I done pictures for weddings and events, I also painted pictures. Surprisingly they sold well, and then when I was free I sang at cafes.” I said. He smiled and nodded while looking ahead.

“ The car is the same color as your hair.” He laughed making me smile and nod. “Yeah, special color I must say.” I said laughing; finally we make it to the mall. One reason I never went out unless I needed to, were people who stared at me and now I have them googly eyeing Warren. Mainly because he’s plain sexy. I really need to stop thinking that way about him. We walk in the mall and look at the directory.

“Where do you want to go?” He asked, I stared at the map and point to Bath and Body works. He groans making me giggle at him discomfort.

“Kayci that place smells.” He whines

“It’s a perfume and shampoo store, its going to smell.” I laugh, he rolls his eyes and holds my hand as I drag him places. When we got in the store he went over to the rose smelling perfume while I looked at the rose smelling shampoo.

“Excuse me, im so sorry for just being blunt and all but you are lucky to have such a beautiful and sweet man who would come into bath and body works without a fight.” A lady says to me, I look at Warren and smile at her.

“Yeah but he’s just a friend.” I said sadly, she frowned. “Not for long dear.” She said and winks walking away, I look at Warren then back and she wasn’t there.

“Hey Kayci look what I found.” I heard and turned around to see Warren holding a lufa, which made me laugh hard and walk over grabbing it while looking around.

“War, people will think you're gay.” I said grabbing his hand and walking out the store, I smiled as I saw a Hot Topics; I pulled him in as he looked around interested.

“Wow.” He said looking at the shirts on the wall. I look at the hoodies and find one I really wanted; it was an Angel turned around so you only see its wings. It was a guy too, so I snuck and paid for it before finding Warren going through the hats.

“That one looks good.” I said as he put a beanie on.

“Really?” he asked striking a pose making me giggle and grab his arm. He paid for it and stuck it in my bad so he didn’t have to carry it, which made me fake glare at him so he just smiled. We walk around and see the carousel.

“OH! Warren go on with me, PLEASE!!! “I whine pulling his arm like a child

“Alright, let's go.” He said smiling as I drag him to it and I sit on a horse, he sits on a tiger and growls. I look confused and meow then smile, that caused him to laugh. Right when the ride was over we stepped off and I smirked.

“Had fun didn’t you?” I asked smiling, he nods while smiling. We walk out of the mall and get in the car, Warren goes through my CD and picks out a Hinder’s lips of an Angel, I look out the windshield blushing red, I heard him laugh and he leans over and kisses my cheek. Which made me blush even more. Pay attention to the road and soon I drive in the garage and turn off the radio. I lean over the seat and go to grab my stuff when Warren handed me something red. I picked it up and looked at it; it was a box so I open it and inside was Rose Perfume. I smiled and looked at Warren before kissing his cheek; he sighed and looked at me troubled.

“What’s wrong Warren?” I asked.

“I like a girl Kayci, and she doesn’t even notice me. I don’t know what to do.” He said, I stared at my lap wanting to cry. “I have no clue Warren.” I said and get out of the car and walk into the mansion fast.

“Kayci come back.” Warren yelled, but I was already in the hallway to my room, I shut and lock my door. Hours pass and Alani, Warren and even Kitty were banging on my door asking me to come out. But I didn’t, I put on my Angel hoodie and went to the balcony, and looked down. Wasn’t a far jump and I had foot holes on the fall. I climb over the balcony ledge and grab hold of the wall, I try to scale down, that didn’t work so I had to climb down slowly. I finally get down and I jump and stand up, there was a fountain in front of the Mansion doors so I walked to it. As I got there I started making water in the air and making a cage around myself for fun then throwing it back in the fountain. I froze it and stood on it, then got off and in a second it was water again, I then started picking up little handfuls and drawing in the air.

“Kayci?” I heard someone say, making me drop my picture of water.

“Damn it.” I mumble before turning around to see Warren. I glare at him and walk past him only for him to grab my arm and turn me around so I was close to him looking up at his face.

“You didn’t let me explain.” He said staring at me. “Fine, explain.” I said rolling my eyes.

“That girl I've known since we were little, she helped me when I found my wings but I made her leave, she left when I was 13 leaving me alone. She came back into my life recently making all those feelings I had growing up come back.” He said staring at me, I look at him and we slowly lean in kissing gently, he put his right hand on my cheek and his left on my back. I put my left hand behind his neck and my right on his cheek. We pulled away slowly and his breath turned to fog.

“Sorry.” I said laughing a little, he smiles and kisses me again, more passionately this time.