- Text Size +
"Where the hell you...Damnit!" Logan yelled. "Bye Logan!" I yelled and ran as fast as I could, I ran to Alani's door and opened it, closing it right when Logan went to run in, making him hit the door. "What the hell?" Alani said, I looked and seen many kids with they're faces painted. "I thought I said it was permanent." I said shocked.

"I found some that wasn't." she said and looked at Logan who was trying to open the door. "What the hell is it?" Alani asked me. I grinned like a little kid. "That window can open right?" I asked. she nodded slowly; I walked over and climbed out. "KAYCI!" she yelled. "Oh right, Logan likes you, a lot and thinks your ass is hot, now im either going to die in three ways. 1) Falling off the building. 2) Logan's hands around my throat or 3) you killing me, by the look of your face, I'd rather jump...so...BYE!" I yelled and jumped. "KAYCI!" she screamed, I summoned a mattress at the ground and fell on it.

I looked up after I hit the mattress and found Alani jumping out the window, changing into a Bird and landing in front of me as herself. "What the fuck is your mother fuckin' problem!" she yelled and slammed against the brick wall.

"What the hell did I do NOW?" I yelled looking at her strange. "I just told you the guy you like digs your ass and you get pissed, it seems someone needs to stop taking bitch pills." I said. She pulled me towards her again and slammed me against the wall again, "It's not the fact that he only likes my ass Kayci! Or the fact that we almost had sex! It's the stupid fucking fact, that you just jumped out of a 4 foot window!" she yelled at me, taking my breath away. I've never seen her, this angry at me.

"You slam me against this wall one more...fucking time...I will kick your ass." I said dangerously. "Hey wait, you almost had sex, damn it Lana! We just got here not even two weeks ago and ALREADY?" I said laughing. I could then tell she wanted to slam me against the wall one more time. "Just stay out of my life Kay." she said to me, making my smile fade.

"Stay out of your life? Honey I was trying to help but fine I'll stay out. Don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart because he's one of the many jackass's that don't see how great you are." I said walking away, I walked to my room and slammed the door shut and walking to the bathroom, I needed a shower.

As soon as I got out of the shower, I looked at the window and saw that it was broken. I looked over and saw Lani sitting on the bed. "I'm sorry I yelled that to you. You're the only person I have left. And no we didn't almost have sex...that was...that just kinda slipped out and I don't even know where it came from. But I want you in my life Kayci, I really do. And I'm sorry..." she explained to me sobbing.

I smiled and walked over to her and hugged her. "I know, and you know me. I have to tell you everything, even if it is childish but that's me, and you've lived with it since we were little." I said smiling. She nodded at me, but I didn't receive a smile back. "I'm thinking on going home." she said and looked away.

"Lani, we don't have a home there, remember." I said smiling sadly. "Home is here, home is where we feel loved." I said, "Plus you need to fix my window." I said smiling wide enough to make her laugh through a sob.

"I've never had a home Kayci. I came to live with you and your father found out. I had to sneak into your window just so I could get a good nights sleep. Your parents thought I was nothing but a whore Kay. So I might as well go...just leave...besides I've never felt loved. Only you." she said to me and got off the bed and instantly mended the window.

"Alani Elizabeth McLane, you were loved! Only my dad thought you were a whore, hell he thought I was, but mom loved you! Hell, remember Criss, our neighbor? He was a mutant and he loved you, he called you his sister." I said my throat tightening up.

She shook her head and walked over to the window, "Your mom called me a lying sack of nothing. A whore." she told me. "You don't know this because she put on an act around you. She felt bad that you made friends with a nobody like me. And Criss...he just tried to get into my pants. I was almost raped by him Kayci." she said and turned to the window and opened it.

"Criss did? No way, I was always around." I said looking away shocked. "Not a couple times, and yeah he did try." she said "Please don't leave Lani, you're my best friend." I said about to cry. She shook her head, "You can't stop me Babygirl." she said to me, calling me by my nickname she gave me. "It's for the best." she said and jumped out the window. I ran to the window and summoned her, she landed on the floor with a thud. "One way or another you will get tired of this." I say.

"Kayci, just stop okay." she said pushing past me and turning into a dove, I summoned her back making her fall on the ground again. "Im not stopping." I said. "Why the hell not? This is for the best, not for you, not for Warren or Ororo, or even Logan...but for me." she told me and stood up. "You want me to be happy right?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Yes, but this isn't the best, Im your family, not through blood but im still your sister at heart don't leave me here alone." I said. "You won't be alone. Just give me a few hours. Then i'll come back, but for now..." she told me.

"You will be back right?" I asked walking over and staring into her eyes, seeing if she was lying. "Yes, I'll be back." she told me and I smiled and nodded. She turned into a cardinal and flew off, I summoned her again making her fall again. "WHAT NOW?" she yelled. "You didn't say bye." I said pouting with a smirk.

"Goodbye Kay..." she said and flew off as fast as she could. As soon as I turned around, I felt something was wrong. 'Did Alani just lie to me, without my knowing?' I thought to myself. 'She better not have.' I though and turned around coming face to...nose with Logan. I laughed nervously and pointed to the side. 'Ha! Idiot fell for it.' I thought and ran behind him, inside the mansion.

Logan chased me down and grabbed my arm, "Where's Alani?" he asked me. "She said she was leaving for a few hours. But she promised she'd be back." I told him and he let go. "Ha, ha, thought you were going to hurt me, anyway im just going to go find Warren, we need to have a talk." I said and started to walk away.

Logan stopped me, calling my name out. I turned to him and saw all the worry on his face. "You think she's coming back?" he asked looked at the floor. "She's never lied to me before, so I don't think she will start now." I said smiling reassuring at Logan and walking off.