- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys!! Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the reviews!! =) I am really glad that you guys are enjoying this story!! Here's another chapter to fuel your curiosity, maybe even your fear!! ;)
“AJ, you will ascend you way to the upper level of the building, and Nick you will descend to the lower level. You will investigate your specific areas for approximately 10 minutes. There will be no communication to be had with us whatsoever, but you guys are able to communicate with one another, to share what you guys feel, see, or hear. I will then notify the both of you when your time is up, and you both will wait for each other in front of the stair case and wait for further instructions.”

AJ slowly walked over to the staircase and just stared up into absolute darkness. Meanwhile, Nick was walking down the corridor, inspecting each room as he passed by.

“Your time starts… now.”

Just as Nick began to make his way down the hall, AJ stopped him. “Maybe I should wait for you to get to where you gotta go…”

“Yeah… and while your at it, can you hold my hand?” Nick retorted sarcastically.

AJ simply flipped him off and watched as he began to walk down the long corridor, fading into the darkness that clouded the building. AJ sighed and stared up the stairs again, wondering what the hell he was about to get himself into and beginning to have second thoughts.

He slowly and cautiously placed his foot on the first step, sighing in relief when he felt that the stairs were a bit sturdy. As soon as he hit the middle step, he heard a sound of something sharp scraping across the aging wooden floor. He quickly whirled around, only to find a black cat sitting at the foot of the staircase, licking it’s paws as if nothing was wrong. The cat suddenly stopped cleaning it’s paws to glance up. AJ simply smirked, and the cat hissed in return.

Shrugging, AJ turned around to continue making his way upstairs. As soon as he took another step and he looked up, he found himself rooted to where he stood. Ahead of him at the very top of the stairs stood a black shadowy figure. Nothing could escape from his mouth, the only sound that was heard was wood cracking, and the only thing he could remember was feeling himself fall and being consumed by darkness.