- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter to let you guys down a little from the mean cliffhanger I left you guys on. Lol.
Everything around him was spinning at such a fast pace, he couldn’t focus on just one thing. He tried to push himself up off the ground, but he winced when he felt a pain coarse through his right hand. He brought his hands in front of him, observing it, and he seen something dark on it. Using his left hand, he picked up his flashlight from off the ground and had clicked it on, but nothing came out. He shook it for a while, finally getting a faint ray of light to burst out. He shone the light down on his right hand and seen that it was drenched in his own crimson blood. How in the hell did that happen? He wondered to himself.

It wasn’t till later when a familiar coursing pain hit his head. He raised his uninjured hand and had felt the back of his head, feeling a bump and more cold blood. “Shit…” he muttered.

Using his left hand, he pushed himself off the ground and had ripped the bottom part of his wife beater beneath his shirt. He took the torn material and had wrapped his bloody right hand, trying his best to tie it as tight as he could. He picked up his flashlight and had shone it upwards, observing the hole he had fallen through. The hole wasn’t that hard to get up out of, it was his only escape.

Just as he was about to pull himself from up out the whole, he froze when he heard voices wiz past him. He couldn’t make out what the voices were saying, the only thing that came clear to him was a voice that said, “GET OUT… NOW…” the voices began to close in on him, and he could feel them on the back of his neck, their breath whispering behind his ear, causing his flesh to prickle.

All of a sudden, everything fell silent, and he could no longer hear the voices, but what he heard was someone pounding, and Nick’s faint voice echoing throughout the building. “What ever you do, don’t scream...”

Nick couldn’t scream… they warned them that if they began to scream, they would wake the dead. AJ quickly jumped up, trying to get a hold of something he could pull himself up. As soon as he caught onto something, he began to pull himself upwards out of the hole, disregarding the searing pain that was going through his right hand. Once he was up out of the hole, he jumped off the stairs and began to sprint down the corridor, where Nick was. He came to a closed door and had ripped the door open, only to have Nick stumble out and throw his body into his arms.

“I can’t do this… I can’t, I just can’t…” Nick began to cry hysterically, never wanting to let go of AJ.

“Shh… you gotta calm down Nick…” AJ tried to soothe him, but he continued to cry hysterically. “What happened?” he had asked him.

Nick began to shake his head, as if refusing to tell him. “Look, I just can’t do this man… don’t make me do it… I just wanna go back, please…”

AJ continued to stare at him, puzzled at his odd behavior. Obviously he seen something that scared the s*** out of him, but the question is what exactly was it that scared him? He simply pulled Nick into a tight embrace, in hopes to calm his shivering form down. Why couldn’t he tell him what had happened?

“Alright, look… I’m gonna contact Kevin, okay? I’m gonna tell him that you can’t come through with this dare… your gonna have to walk back to the safe house, okay?”

Nick whirled his head to the side and stared at him, wide-eyed. “Your coming with me, right?”

Sadly, AJ shook his head. “I can’t man… I gotta stay here, I didn’t complete my dare yet. I need to stay here and wait for whoever comes, just walk to the safe house and don’t stop or turn around to look at anything, alright?”

Nick continued to stare at him, and had hesitantly pulled away from him. AJ pulled his walkie-talkie out and had radioed in. “Kevin… Kev, you there?”

He waited for a while, but then he came through. “Yeah Jay… I was trying to get a hold of you for the longest! What happened?”

AJ looked over at Nick and shook his head. “I’ll tell you later, look, Nick can’t go through with his dare… I don’t know what the hell happened, but he’s pretty shaken up.”

There was silence for a while. “Alright, I’ll see who has to take over, just tell Nick to c’mon back.”

AJ looked over at Nick helplessly. “Alright Nick, you ready? Just remember what I said… keep walking and don’t stop and don’t turn around.”

Nick just stared at the closed door, not answering him. “You can’t let them in there…” Nick mumbled.

“What?” AJ asked, leaning in closer to hear what he said.

“I said you can’t let them in there…” Nick announced a little louder. “They won’t let you in… they don’t want you in, they wanted me to leave… whatever you do, don’t let them in there AJ, promise me!”

AJ stared at him, speechless, Nick was talking bubbles now, but there was no time to sit there and fight with him. “Alright Nick… I promise.” He crossed his fingers. “Just get going, alright? And if you come across a problem, just contact me, alright?”

Nick nodded and began to walk down the corridor. AJ sighed and had looked over at the closed door, wondering what had happened in there. He placed his hand on the door knob and had slowly twisted it, silently pushing it open. He glanced inside, shining his light throughout the room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, he just seen a bunch of boxes stacked on one side of the room. He closed the door, not noticing Nick’s walkie-talkie on the ground, which was picking up static and hush voices.