- Text Size +
Nick busted through the door, bypassing the other three who were sitting by the computer, just staring at him. He walked straight into the bathroom and began to take his gear off. Hesitantly, Brian rose from his seat and walked towards the bathroom, staring at Nick through the mirror, watching him as he took his gear off, breathing heavy.

“Nick…” Brian softly called out, but Nick ignored him. “Nick…” he tried once more, but he still ignored him.

“Nick!” Brian finally shouted, grabbing him by the shoulder and turning him around. “What happened?” Brian asked, keeping his two hands upon his shoulder in hopes to calm him down.

Nick just stared at him, not giving him an answer. “I’m not going back in there…” was all he mumbled, and then he pushed through Brian’s hands, walking right out of the bathroom. Brian sighed and turned around, watching him as he made his way over towards his cot and had just collapsed onto it.

He walked out of the bathroom as well and sat on AJ’s cot, staring at him. “Nick… you need to tell us what happened, your scaring the hell out of us all…”

Nick began to shake his head, “Remember the story AJ told you about last night… you know, the one with the little lost girl?”

“Bernadette?”

“Yeah…” Nick sighed. “That girl… well, lets just say that I now know who killed her.”

Both Kevin and Howie turned in their seats, staring at Nick as if he was crazy. “Don’t give me that fucking look…” Nick snapped. “If you don’t want to believe me, fine… whatever! But there is no way in hell I’m going back into that building…”

“It’s not like we don’t believe you Nick…” Brian said. “It’s just… we’re just trying to understand what happened back there, and why your acting this way.”

“George Pelowski…” Nick mumbled. “The guy was George Pelowski, he was a psychotic patient that was held on the first floor, where he raped and killed Bernadette. They kept his records downstairs in the basement… where I had to stay. It was in all these boxes, everything from x-ray sheets to diaries. I… I read his diaries, and he had all this shit in there, talking about how he lured the girl into his room everyday, and how he raped and killed her. He did it out of satanic practices… he was performing some ritual, saying the lives he claimed went straight to Satan, their flesh, blood and bones fueling his hunger while their souls only gave him more power. George Pelowski was his right hand man… the only one who committed these murders for Satan… he basically signed his soul over to the devil in return. Then he goes on to talk about how when judgment day comes, he will rise from below and face God, and he will retake his place in the heavens above and all this other shit. And then… I saw her…”

Brian looked back at Howie and Kevin, who were just as confused as he was. “Her… who is her? Who did you see?”

Nick fell silent for a while, staring blankly forward. “Bernadette… she told me to get out… now…”

Before Brian could say anything more, Nick turned away, facing his back towards Brian, and in no time, he fell asleep.

“Brian, your gonna have to navigate for me…”

Kevin’s voice broke Brian out of his thoughts. He turned and looked over towards the remaining two, seeing his cousin strap up to finish Nick’s dare. He rose off of AJ’s cot and walked over to the computer, taking his seat next to Howie. “You’ll be doing the same dare?” he asked.

Kevin nodded, “Yups… gotta finish it up.”

Brian sighed, after what Nick told him, he wasn’t sure if Kevin should go in there or not. Bernadette was known as “The Lost Girl”, the girl who’s life was taken so sudden, that her soul wanders the corridor of the hospital, the girl who’s soul will never be able to rest in peace because it’s in Satan’ grasp. The girl who will follow anyone she comes across. He watched as Kevin walked out of the house, hesitantly, he clicked the “NEXT” button.