- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another short chapter. =( This is when things will start to get interesting though, I promise!! =)
As soon as Kevin walked into the building, he saw AJ standing at the end of the corridor, waiting for him. “Hey man… what do I have to do?” he asked.

“Well, you need to go through this door right here, which leads into the basement. And as you know, just stay there for ten minutes, and yeah… mission accomplished.” AJ explained.

He watched as Kevin made his way over towards the closed door, watching him as he opened it and stepped into the room. He felt bad for not keeping his promise to Nick, but the missions had to be accomplished no matter what.

Kevin slowly walked into the room, taking out his flashlight and shining it all over. He quietly closed the door behind him and had began to descend down the stairs, but he stopped when he felt his foot come in contact with something. He flashed his light down and had seen a walkie-talkie. He picked it up and inspected it, concluding that Nick must’ve dropped it when he was down here. He strapped it to his holster and continued walking downstairs.

As soon as he got to the bottom, he began to inspect the room, seeing the stacks of boxes Nick had told them about. He decided not to disturb that area in anyway, Nick had already done so. He walked to the end of the basement and seen a metal stand, which had various objects on it. He observed the aging books that were shelved there and the different statues of the human’s anatomy.

All of a sudden, he heard a hush whisper breeze right past his ear. Quickly, he whirled around to see who or what it was, but there was nothing. He started to back away, accidentally knocking into the metal stand and knocking over a glass jar of marbles. He jumped when he heard the loud sound of the glass falling to the floor, shattering into millions of pieces. He looked down and noticed that the marbles began to roll down, collecting at the center of the room. Puzzled, he walked towards the center where the marbles had gathered and had pushed it away, noticing that it dipped down towards the center. As he brushed the marbles away, he also brushed away dust, which had revealed something beneath it.

Kevin stared at it, unsure of what it was. He continued to brush away the dust, which was slowly revealing some sort of picture beneath it. As soon as he cleared all the dust away, he had seen that it was a fairly large circle with a star in the middle. The symbol that was used in witchcraft, normally to conjure Satan and his legion of restless spirits.

“What the…” Kevin had said to himself, but all of a sudden, he found himself frozen to the spot. Visions of a man, performing a ritual was running through his mind. He rose up a golden cup which was filled with blood, and he began to pour it in the middle of the satanic symbol, chanting tongues at the same time. Kevin tried to shake it from his head, but he couldn’t. Voices began to rush through his ears as his mind continued to watch the man perform his ritual. All of a sudden, the man had turned and looked at him, laughing maniacally. “Kill them…” the man whispered. “More… you know what to do… catch them and kill them all!”