- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, here's a short chapter that I worked on today/tonight, and I'm starting on the next chapter right now. Does anyone find it highly unusual for Kevin to be acting this way?! Hmm... well, when you read this chapter, you'll see what I mean. Sorry it's so short, and I think it might leave you guys on edge, again. Sorry!! =)
His eyes snapped open, his body drenched in sweat. He slowly rose from his bed, his eyes glazing over the darkened room. For some reason his heart beat was rapid and he found himself panting. He placed his head in his hands and began to massage his temples, in hopes to ward the nagging migraine that struck him so suddenly.

“Catch them… kill them all…” a demonic voice kept whispering to him.

His eyes immediately snapped shut, and his hands found their way into his hair, fisting a clump of it and tugging it from his scalp. The voice in his head kept getting louder and louder, more demanding. He began to pound his fist into his head, hoping that it would rid him of the satanic thoughts, but it only made it worse. When he opened his eyes, he seen George Pelowski standing before him.

“Catch them…” he told him, a dark grin plastered on his face. “Catch them and kill them all…”

In that instant, he felt fine, the voices, the menacing migraine left him. He glanced over to the person who was situated next to him, which happened to be Howie. He rose from his cot and walked towards the middle of the room, standing in between AJ and Brian’s cot. He looked them all over; Nick was tightly wrapped within his blanket, as was AJ. Brian was lying perfectly on his back, while Howie was turned on his side, the blankets not covering his body.

“Kill them…” He heard George’s voice from behind, whispering into his ear. “You know what to do, kill them all.”

Kevin grabbed his pillow from his own cot and made his way over towards his cousin, who was sleeping peacefully. He looked down at his unconscious form, watching as his chest rose and fell. He rose his pillow and placed it over Brian’s face.

“I’m sorry Brian…” he whispered in a dark tone, a voice that did not belong to him.

At the mention of his cousin’s name, his eyes widened. He looked down and gasped, realizing what he was about to do.

“Oh god…” he choked out, quickly backing away and letting the pillow fall from his grasp.

He kept backing up until he felt his back hit the wall, and slowly he slid down it. He drew his knees up, hugging it close to his chest. “Oh my god…” he kept muttering over and over, tears streaming down his face.

Brian’s brows knitted in confusion as he heard a small voice muttering something over and over within his sleep. His eyes fluttered open and he tried to stifle the yawn that he felt coming. At first he thought that he was only hearing that small voice whispering something in his dream, but grew puzzled when he still heard it. He rose from his cot to find Kevin sitting against the wall, his knees drawn up to his chest.

“Kevin?” he called out softly, his puzzlement quickly leaving him, being replaced with concern. When his cousin didn’t answer him, he called out to him again. “Kevin?” but still, no answer.

He got up and made his way over to a distraught-looking Kevin, who kept whispering to himself. When Brian finally got closer, he realized Kevin kept whispering “oh my god” over and over.

He placed a reassuring hand upon his shoulder, which seemed to snap him out of the trance he was in. “Kevin, what’s going on?”

Kevin looked up at him, nothing but a blank stare. At the sight of his cousin, he broke down and started to cry, realization hitting him again that he was about to kill his own flesh and blood cousin. “I’m so sorry Brian…”

He immediately reached out towards Brian, grabbing him and pulling him into a tight hug. Brian’s eyes widened in shock as he felt himself being pulled into a hug, but all he could do was slowly wrap his arms around Kevin’s emotional form.

“What are you talking about?” Brian questioned him as he continued to hold Kevin in the hug.

“I’m just so sorry Brian… I can’t believe…” Kevin trailed off.

Brian backed out of the hug and tried to stare into Kevin’s eyes through the darkness. “What? You can’t believe what?”

“You gotta do something… do something before I do, please…”

Brian was growing more and more confused by the second. “Kevin, look at me and calm down. I don’t understand what you’re talking about… you need to explain to me what you want me to do.”

Kevin simply stared at his cousin, tracks of tears staining his cheeks. He was slowly beginning to realize that there was no way out of this situation, no way to get rid of the voices in his head and no way to fight the evil entity that was trying to take him over. No way except…

He grabbed Brian into a hug again, a fresh batch of tears running down his face. Slowly, he moved his mouth towards Brian’s ear and whispered, “Kill me.”