- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I'm trying my best to at least post an update everynight, which has got me writing around the clock, so bare with me here. Keep the reviews coming, because it only fuels me to write more frequently and keep you guys updated daily. =)
Today was only day three, they had four more days to test their fears in front of cameras for the whole world to see. AJ glanced down at his watch, five minutes till 7:00 p.m., five minutes till they receive their next mission, something he was really not looking forward to. Sighing heavily, he rose from where he sat and made his way over to the kitchen nook area to pour himself his fifth cup of coffee.

Howie seemed to notice AJ’s agitation. “What’s with the coffee AJ?”

AJ turned towards Howie, sipping his cup of Joe and grimacing at the taste. “I’m tired as hell dude, and this is some shitty ass coffee. You would think that MTV could at least afford some decent tasting coffee, but instead they give us this shitty stuff they normally leave in hotel rooms.”

“Are you getting sick?” Howie suddenly blurted out.

AJ shook his head as he sipped his horrible tasting coffee once again, “No, why?”

“I don’t know,” Howie shrugged, “You do look a little pale…”

“Oh, Nick didn’t tell you about the little excursion we decided to take early this morning?” AJ sarcastically asked as he passed by Kevin, eyeing him in the process.

Howie looked over at Kevin as well and noticed that something was wrong with him, definitely wrong with him. Come to think of it, something was wrong with everybody. Kevin remained quiet, as if in a deep trance of some sort. Brian was quiet as well, trying to busy himself by messing with his set of gadgets. AJ was clearly agitated, and it looked like he was falling ill, but was doing a damn good job in hiding it from everyone. And Nick simply looked exhausted, he sat in front of the computer, head propped up on his knuckle, trying so hard to keep himself awake.

“What are you talking about?” Howie finally asked him.

AJ shook his head and sighed, “Nothing dude…” he looked down at his watch again, seeing that it was 7:01. “Oh shit, it’s 7:01 you guys.”

They all made their way over towards where Nick was, which was sitting right in front of the computer. “Assignment number three, this requires two colors, blue and red; green will navigate. There are two rooms you will be surveying tonight. Blue, it is your job to go down to the morgue of the hospital and see if you pick up any paranormal activity. Red, your job is to go into patient George Pelowski’s room.” at the mention of that name, Nick gasped. “This is the room where he brutally raped and killed young Bernadette Williams. This map here shows you how to get to your designated rooms. To both red and blue, I highly suggest that you use your thermostat mechanism to help you pick up any abnormal activity that may occur within the area you will be surveying.”

Kevin mutely walked away from the computer and made his way over towards his cot, strapping on all his gadgets, not long after Howie followed suit and did the same. As soon as they were done, they both walked out of the house and followed Nick’s instructions to the hospital.

“Please radio us back when you find yourself standing outside of the hospital.” Nick told them, placing his walkie talkie down on the desk.

Brian decided that since Kevin was gone, he would ask AJ what he meant in the whole “excursion” question he asked Howie earlier. “AJ, what were you talking about earlier?”

“What was I talking about earlier?” he repeated, looking over towards Brian in confusion. “What did I say earlier?”

“I don’t know, you asked Howie if Nick had told him about the little excursion you guys decided to take early this morning.”

AJ had completely forgot that he made that remark to Howie, who had seemed to just brush it off. “Oh. Nick had woke me up early this morning to inform me that Kevin was missing.” Brian’s face twisted in puzzlement, but AJ continued on. “The door was left wide open and Kevin was missing, so we both went out, in nothing but our boxers and wife beaters mind you, to go and look for him. We finally found him about to…” AJ broke off, realizing for the first time what he was about to tell his cousin, and wondering if he should tell him.

“About to?” Brian asked, wanting him to finish his sentence. “Found him about to do what?”

“He was about to jump off the damn cliff.”

Brian’s eyes widened in shock, he couldn’t believe that he slept through all that. “Wh… what?”

“Look, we don’t know what the hell he was doing or why he was about to do it. Hell, he kept muttering “oh my god” over and over. When we asked him about it, he said he couldn’t remember anything and he didn’t know what he was doing. But when he was standing on the edge of the cliff and when we called him, he just turned and stared at us with this… blank stare, like there was nothing behind it. After he looked back at us, he looked out yet again and started to fall forward. I caught him and drug him back and away from the edge, and it was like he just snapped out of whatever the hell world he was in. At that moment, he didn’t have a blank stare, he just looked… lost.”

Brian couldn’t believe what he was hearing, his cousin trying to commit suicide, but why? “Oh my god… no, this can’t… there’s something wrong with him.”

“I thought we established that a long time ago.” AJ replied bitterly.

“No, you guys don’t understand, we… he woke me up this morning too.” Both AJ and Nick looked over at Brian, waiting for him to continue. “I mean, he didn’t actually wake me up… I heard this small voice saying “oh my god”. At first I thought I was just dreaming it, but when I woke up I still heard it. Through the darkness I could see Kevin, sitting against the wall, knees huddled up close to his chest. After I snapped him out of his daze, he just grabbed me in this hug, apologizing to me. I was baffled by it all, but I just held him in that hug, thinking it was just a nightmare he had or something. Then he went on to tell me to do something… do something before he did. He was crying and I was trying my best to calm him down so he could explain to me what he wanted me to do and that‘s when…” he cracked, memories of him saying what he said to him last playing through his mind, messing with his emotions. Tears began to well within his eyes, “that’s when he told me to kill him.”

“Rok, are you serious?” AJ asked him, not wanting to believe it, but sadly Brian just nodded his head. “What the hell is going on…”

“Nick, we’re here.” Kevin’s voice cackled through on the walkie talkie.

They all found themselves staring down at the walkie talkie Nick had placed down on the desk earlier. Sighing heavily, Nick picked up the walkie talkie and clicked “NEXT” on the computer screen. “Okay…"