- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Aha!! New chapter!! Finally, a new update!! Sorry for keeping you all waiting, but here's another chapter and I'm working on the next chapter so I'll hopefully get that out soon, hopefully by tonight (well, in Hawaii's case) or tomorrow!! Reviews are COMPLETELY welcomed!! Lol. =)
“Upon entering the building, Kevin you are to go straight, all the way down the long corridor. Once you hit the end, you’re gonna take a right and go down to the end. Once you hit the end of that, you can either go left or right, you’re gonna take a left and go down that corridor where you should see two swinging doors at the end, that’s the morgue. Howie, you are to right once you enter the building and look for room 106, that is George Pelowski’s room. Once you reach your designated areas, contact me so I can further instruct you.”

Kevin took a deep breath in and relieved a heavy sigh. Howie took notice to this, “You okay man?”

Kevin glanced over at him, then focused his eyes on the long, dark corridor. “Yeah, why?”

Howie shrugged, “I don’t know… you seem like you really don’t want to do this.”

“No, I’m fine.”

“You sure, you know we can always have someone else complete the dare for you,”

“Look, I said I was fine!” Kevin all of a sudden snapped.

Howie was taken aback, his thoughts wandering back to what AJ had told him last night about his behavior and staying out of his way. “Okay.”

Kevin sighed again, “Howie… I’m fine, it’s just… I didn’t get much sleep last night is all. I’m sorry.” he wasn’t about to tell him that he attempted to commit suicide and kill his cousin.

Howie slowly nodded his head, “Okay man… good luck.”

As Howie began to walk away towards the room he was instructed to go to, Kevin looked back down the dark corridor. He was rooted to where he stood for a while, visioning shadows lurking in the darkness, beckoning him. After what seemed like forever, he finally took his first step, slowly and cautiously walking past each and every room.

As soon as he got to the end, he took a right and stopped in front of the door that was behind the staircase. He knew this room, it led down to the basement, to the place where he had to complete Nick’s dare. He could feel a strong presence lingering there, hushed voices filling his head all of a sudden. Kevin shook it from his head and pressed on, finally reaching the end of that short hallway, coming to a fork. He looked down the right side, seeing more rooms down the hallway. He looked down the left side and seen the two swinging doors at the end; the morgue.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Howie continued to walk down the hallway, searching for room 106.

“105...” he mumbled to himself, stopping when he noticed that the room after 105 didn’t have a number.

He walked up to the door, bringing his hand up to the left side of the door frame, where the numbers were suppose to be. Slowly he brushed his fingers back and forth, dusting off the dirt and muck that was caked on it, revealing the number “106” beneath it.

“Room 106...” he said to himself as he placed his hand on the doorknob, slowly twisting it and pushing the door open.

The door creaked and groaned, protesting rather loudly due to the fact that it wasn’t bothered for years. As soon as he opened the door all the way, he walked in, instantly noticing that nothing was out of the ordinary, it looked just like the hospital room he was in two nights ago.

“Okay Nick.” Howie radioed in. “I’m in room 106, what do I have to do?”

“All you have to do is stay in that room and see if you can detect any paranormal activity. Use your thermostat mechanism to pick up any temperature changes. Walk around the room to see where in the room the temperature changes the most.”

“Gotcha.” Howie replied as he placed his walkie talkie back onto his holster, grabbing his thermostat and bringing the device to life.

He began walking around the room, scanning his thermo wand over the different objects in the room. As he continued to survey the room, he failed to notice that the door had closed, locking him in the room.

“Whoa…” he said as he started to move his wand over the bed. He took out his walkie talkie from his holster, “I’m picking up strong activity over near the bed.”

“What’s going on?” Nick’s voice cackled through.

“Temperature drop… and it’s steadily decreasing…” He remained silent for a while, looking on the thermo screen to see where exactly on the bed the temperature was decreasing, but as he moved towards the side of the bed, the temperature started to increase. “That’s weird…”

“What is it? Is it still dropping?” Nick questioned him.

Howie shook his head, as if he could really see him. “No man, I don’t know… towards the middle of the bed, the temperature drops, like dramatically, but towards the side of the bed the temperature increases just as fast as it dropped…”

All of a sudden, Howie gasped, his mouth immediately falling agape. “Oh… my… god…”

“What is it Howie?! What the hell is going on?” Nick quickly asked, turning concern with the way Howie was acting. Both he and Brian rarely say the Lord’s name in vain, and to hear him say it meant something serious.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I was to tell you this…” Howie all of a sudden whispered.

“I think it’s hard not to believe anything anymore, try me.”

“My thermostat is picking up a hot temperature… and I can clearly see a figure…”

“A figure?! A figure of what Howie?”

“A thermo figure of a man…”