- Text Size +
“It says here, as soon as you blindfold red, white, it is your job navigate him safely through the forest to your destination.”

Brian rolled his eyes as he tied the blindfold around Howie’s head, a little too tight. “Well duh, I know that… do you mind telling me which direction to take?”

“Well, lets see…” he heard AJ mumble as everything fell silent. “Where are you guys?”

“We’re right outside the damn house!” Brian groaned, at the same time, he could hear Kevin release an exasperated sigh and it had sounded like he had slightly shoved AJ out of the way due to AJ’s yelp. “My god Alex, they have sensors on them… all you need to do is follow these color dots to see where they are headed, dipshit!” Kevin snapped.

There was silence for a moment, and then Brian could hear AJ resuming his role, sighing heavily. “Alright… now as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, it says that you guys will just continue to walk a straight path until you come across a bunch of trees…”

“Uh… AJ…” Brian had started, wanting to get on his nerves. “There’s trees all over this damn place…”

“Trees, forests, bushes… whatever the hell you wanna call it!” AJ snapped, eliciting chuckles from the rest of them. “You know what I mean… just follow the straight path and lemme know when you come across a bunch of trees or a forest!”

Brian nodded to himself and fell silent, cautiously and slowly guiding Howie by a piece of rope they were given to hold on to. His hand held one end of the rope while his other shone the flashlight over the grounds they were walking, making sure there was nothing in the way that could cause Howie to trip. As they continued walking in silence for a while, Brian had made Howie come to a complete halt as he grabbed his walkie talkie and had radioed in. “Alrighty Bone… I see a bunch of trees…”

“What your gonna have to do is walk into that forest and make sure you continue to walk a complete straight path… it says that if you, for some reason, stray off your path, you will only be traveling further away from your destination. As you continue to walk this path, you will notice that the earth beneath you will start to feel as if it’s declining. As soon as you get to that point, lemme know so I can continue.”

Brian strapped his walkie talkie back into its holster and had slowly guided Howie through the trees that loomed high above them. As soon as he felt themselves walking down a hill, he grabbed his walkie talkie out from the holster. “So, the earth is declining, there’s a bunch of trees… what do we do now?”

“If you look straight forward, you will notice that the earth comes to an end, the declining leading to the edge of a cliff. If you look to the right of you, you will notice a wooden bridge that they say is sturdy to walk across. It was built ten years ago, so it’s still in fairly good condition. Your gonna cross that bridge and just walk straight. You’ll soon come across a playground and just radio me once you reach the playground.”

Brian lightly tugged on the rope, signaling Howie to continue walking. They both walked over to the wooden bridge. He glanced over the edge of the cliff and had seen a raging river ten feet below them. He closed his eyes and started walking across the bridge cautiously, dragging a slow Howie behind him. His heart continued to pound rapidly within his chest as the bridge swayed dangerously back and forth. He quickened his pace, pulling a surprised Howie along. He didn’t understand why Brian was all of a sudden walking quickly, but he remained silent and had just let Brian lead the way.

Once they got to the other side, Brian shone his flashlight all over the area, in search for the playground. Walking a little further up, he could faintly see a set of swings in the distance. They both started walking towards the swings, and sure enough, they found themselves on the playground.

Brian grabbed the walkie talkie that was fastened into his holster. “Okay, speak to me Boner!”

“Alright, as soon as you reach the playground, you should see a big building in the distance… do you see it?”

Brian strained his eyes and could only see complete darkness. He shone his flashlight straight ahead and faintly seen the massive building. “Yups…”

“Now, what your gonna do is walk over to that building and walk inside. Once inside… shit, you know what to do!”

Brian chuckled and began making their way towards the large building that was in front of them. As they continued to walk in silence, he heard Howie swear under his breath and felt him come to a stop.

“What happened?” Brian asked as he turned around only to find Howie trying to hold his injured toes, wobbling in the process.

“Obviously, you weren’t watching where we were going and I stubbed my foot into what I would think is a boulder!” Howie replied through clenched teeth.

Brian snickered, but quickly fell silent when he could feel Howie’s stare through the blindfold. After a minute or so of resting, they resumed making their way towards the building. All of a sudden, all the humor that was inside of Brian had left him, being replaced by sudden uneasiness and fear. He’s been trying to pass off what he felt or thought by being the humorous of the bunch, he was honestly scared shitless in doing something like this, and he had strong feelings against the fact that they would be conjuring spirits. He believed that the deceased should be left alone to rest in peace, but yet here he was, disturbing the peace, something that he felt was strongly going against his faith.

Howie could feel Brian’s nervousness as he could feel Brian hesitantly making his way towards the door while pulling him along. Part of him wanted to already call it quits, for the sake of Brian. Deep down, he knew how Brian felt about messing with the dead, he was actually surprised at the fact that he managed to pass the situation off like nothing. And the other part of him wanted to complete the mission, hell, every action was being filmed and was soon to be televised to over thousands in the world. He wanted to prove himself, as well as his four brothers, that they’re not just your average boy band. Hell… they weren’t even a boy band, they wanted to be consider a vocal group, but as they told everyone in various interviews, the phase of being offended at the term “boy band” had passed, and they could care less at what anyone called them… as long as they called them something. He just wanted to prove to everyone that they were indeed humans, just like everyone else, and there was nothing superior about them. They have their faults, they embarrassing moments, their fears… and he felt that doing this show would only prove to the world what he has been trying to tell everyone… that they’re only humans and they’re just like everybody else.

Howie’s thoughts were soon broken when he heard Brian’s voice speaking into the walkie talkie. “Alright Jay… we’re here…”