- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Lol. If this story sounds a bit... off to you, I wrote this story like... maybe four or five years ago. But, here's a new chapter... I guess I'll be posting two new chapters, the first one being Howie's mission and the other new chapter being Brian's mission. =)
Once the door had closed, he fumbled to remove the blindfold that had been tied so tightly around his head. It took him a while to adjust his eyes to the darkness, but he could finally seen the outline of certain objects through the darkness. He rose from the chair he had been sitting on and began to roam the darkened room. He pulled his flashlight from out of it’s holster and had turned it on, shining it all over the room. The quilts on the bed were dirty and musty, but the bed itself seemed so inviting and comfortable. He seen a broken TV that was placed on top of a broken dresser, and the curtains that draped down the window were ripped and filthy.

He turned back towards the broken TV and dresser and began making his way towards it. He reached out his hand to touch the dresser, but quickly withdrew, fearing that he would create a noise somehow or would cause the dresser to break even more. He observed the aged dresser, letting his fingers drag across the dust that seemed to be collecting on it. His eyes glazed upwards, but his head snapped up when he saw a dark shadow dart across the reflection of the TV. Quickly he turned around to see if anything or anyone was behind him, but there was nothing except for the bed and chair.

As soon as Howie turned his head back towards the TV, he didn’t seem to notice that a male appeared out of nowhere, his body was restrained to the bed that was once vacant. The man was thrashing wildly in his constraints, making no noise whatsoever. All of a sudden, he stopped struggling, and he began shaking, his head lolling up to look at Howie. His face was long, as if someone had pulled his jaw downwards, and his eyes were wide open, white with dilated pupils, glaring at the back of Howie’s head. All of a sudden, a low moaning noise was being released from the man’s gaping mouth, gradually increasing in pitch.

Hearing this made Howie freeze in his place, all the hair in the back of his neck standing at full attention. Part of him wanted to whirl around to see what it was that was making that moaning noise, but the other part of him wanted to remain rooted to where he was, his back facing whatever that was making that noise. He slowly and hesitantly turned around only to see nothing behind him. The man that was tied to the bed was gone, which Howie had no clue that the man was even there. He released a heavy sigh and had let his tense shoulders sag. He’s been watching too much of “The Grudge” lately.

He made his way back towards the chair and had sat down, anxious to get back to the fellas and tell them what he heard and saw, anxious to know if his mind was playing tricks on him or not, anxious to get the hell outta there.

As he continued to drift further and further into his thoughts, he didn’t notice that a sudden darkness was surrounding him, slowly enclosing on him. He didn’t seem to notice the corners of the room oozing out darkness as if someone had taken a bucket of black paint and had let its thickness trickled down the four corners of the room. He didn’t seem to notice a male’s long and droopy face, looming above him, his enlarged white and dilated eyes glaring upon him. He didn’t even seem to notice that his room was now completely consumed by darkness.