- Text Size +
“So… how was it?”

Brian could only shudder as he began to take off the gear that was strapped to him. “Well, let me just start off by saying that I think Bernadette found me… and I’ll admit, I’ve never felt fear like that in my whole freaking life! So here I was right, thinking I wouldn’t come across anything unnatural or something, but then I see this shadowy… figure of this young girl standing at the top of this staircase.” He paused for a while only to receive three uncertain stares. He soon made the sign of the cross, “I swear man… normally, anyone could tell you that they see shadows pass by or something, but I could see this spirit as clear as day man…”

“How ‘bout you D.?”

Howie looked up from where he sat on his bed, continuing to dissemble the gear he was forced to wear. “I don’t remember much of anything happening… I mean I could’ve swore I saw something pass me, but I was convinced that it was my mind playing tricks on me. What scared the hell outta me though was that I heard this low, moaning noise that came out of nowhere. It was low at first, and slowly, in began increasing in pitch, kinda like that noise from that movie ‘The Grudge’”

The three of them just stared at Brian and Howie in silence, not really knowing what to say. AJ simply turned in his chair to face the computer once again and had clicked the “NEXT” button that was on the screen.

“Mission Accomplished. This completes day one of ‘FEAR’, you have tonight and tomorrow morning to get all the rest you need. Be prepared at exactly 7:00 tomorrow evening to complete two missions that await three amongst your team. Good night.”

They all stood there, staring at the computer in silence. AJ rose from where he sat and had turned to the fellas, clasping his hands together. “Welp, time to catch up on some beauty sleep, cause obviously some people need it…” he said, peering over the top of his sunglasses, to show that he was directing his comment to all of them.

“Now, now AJ… lets not get conceded here and start talking about yourself…” Nick retorted.

Before AJ could respond, he quickly snapped his mouth closed when he noticed Howie easing himself down onto his cot, closing his eyes. “Wow…” AJ muttered as he walked over to his own cot.

Kevin soon followed suit and as soon as he had laid down on his cot, he was out as if someone had thrown a stone at his head. Brian sighed, “I don’t see how they can be blessed with such a gift…”

“What, the gift of sleeping or the gift of snoring really loud?” AJ questioned, both he and Nick chuckling at his joke.

Nick collapsed down onto his cot and had just lied there on his stomach, turning to look at Brian. “Hey Rok… did you really see something, I mean, you weren’t just saying that to freak us out right?”

Brian released a heavy yawn and had stretched out his arms. “Now, am I the type to go and start stories for the pleasure of it all? I’ll leave that to AJ…”

“I do not go around and start telling people stories for the pleasure of it!” AJ defended, sitting down on the edge of his bed, removing his sunglasses and placing it on the side. “Well… I do, but lets not leave it to me like I’m the only one who does this!”

“Name one person who does this beside you Jay…” Nick said, propping himself up from where he laid.

AJ fell silent for a while, and then began to stutter, gesturing his hand towards Nick. “You went a made a freaking comic book dude… so, don’t even get me started!”

“He’s got a point there Nick…” Brian replied, crossing his arms across his chest and shrugging.

Nick snapped his head over towards where Brian was standing. “So what, your gonna stand up for him?!?”

“No…” Brian sighed. “but I am gonna beat you two senseless if ya’ll don’t shut the hell up and go to bed!”

“Dude, I would love to see that…” AJ laughed. “I know your old and you’re a father and all… but I bet you a grand and my left nut that I can kick you’re ass, and Nick can kick you’re ass with one hand tied behind his back!”

Brian cringed, “First of all Boner, I’ll take the grand, but I don’t your left nut, you can keep that for yourself cause you’ll be needing that.” Nick began to roar in laughter, but quickly ceased his laughing fit when he received a glare from AJ, and saw that both Howie and Kevin were tossing in their cots. “Second of all,” Brian continued, in a softer voice this time. “I don’t think you can cuss on MTV. Hearing you cuss on MTV is like hearing you cuss on the Disney channel.”

“Then I suppose that you heard the Osbournes cuss on the Disney channel too?” AJ fired back, while pulling off his shirt, revealing a wife beater beneath it.

Nick sighed, “Alright kids, I’m trying to get some sleep here… so why don’t you two shut the hell up and try to do the same…”

Brian stretched out and yawned once more while AJ had let himself fall backwards onto his cot. “Hey Nick, could you check to see if we locked the door?”

“Why don’t you do it?” Nick questioned back, barely raising his head to respond.

“Your bed is closer to the door…” Brian replied, walking over towards his bed to un-tuck the sheets and quilt that was snuggly tucked to his mattress.

Nick turned his head to the side to look at the door. Once he realized Brian was right, he quickly buried his face back into his pillow. “Well, your still standing…” he shot back, his voice muffled by his pillow.

Brian groaned and decided not to bicker any further. “Both you and AJ are a pain in the ass…” he muttered, not actually meaning for his comment to be heard.

“What ever happened to ‘don’t cuss on MTV’, and since when did the pain Nick and I cause you move from your head to you’re ass?” AJ had suddenly asked.

Brian could only chuckle as he leaned his head against the door, twisting the deadbolt on the door. He all of a sudden pulled away from the door, staring at it as if it had bit him. He couldn't pinpoint what the exact feeling was, but it felt as if something or someone had grazed past him, their presence slightly brushing past him. He began walking away from the door, back over towards his cot, not knowing that on the other side of the door, on the outside, stood little Bernadette, waiting for them to come out once again.