- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I have a lot of catching up, reading wise, in this board. I'm being thinking out loud fyi. Also, thank you in advance to anyone who's reading this. I'm very slow in replying to reviews so I just want readers to know that I appreciate them :D
The Big Splash!

What the fuck!

Shit, this is fucking cold! I’m freezing my fucking nuts off!

Shit, shit, shit!

Rise and shine Nick!

Rise and shine my ass! Nothing is rising out of me and it’s friggin’ freezing, what the fuck is supposed to shine? Stupid fuckin’ AJ not making any fucking sense at all!

It’s not supposed to be this cold. Oh my God! I need to get out of here, what if it turns to ice? I’m gonna be a friggin’ lollipop!

What’s so funny?

It’s not…fu…funny!

It’s not supposed to be funny on your side kiddo. It’s pretty damn funny from where we’re standing though.

Kevin can go the fuck away.

Jesus! What the fuck just touched my foot!

Hey, any idea if there’s jellyfish swimming around in here?

No idea. Why?

Think something just touched my foot!

And what do you care, Brian? Traitor ex-bestfriend of mine. You should be on my side!

There it is again. What the fuck?

Hey Nicky, you okay in there?

This is just too creepy for words. Maybe there’s a swamp demon in this ocean. Maybe it’s hungry and looking for some fresh human meat.

Maybe there really are jellyfish in there man.

Fuck.

We just feed Nicky to the jellyfishes.

Fish.

He’s being eaten alive and you’re correcting my English?

Oh! That’s not…

Argh! Guys…

Nick! Hey!

Guys!

Okay. Yelling while drowning is not good.

Even when you’re faking it.

Checked.

… okay?

He’s not…

Okay, kick legs, float damn it.

…friggin’ drowning!

Hold on Nick!

Just get in there!

Call 911!

Uh. 911. That’s not good.

---

“OH MY GOD, MY NUTS JUST FELL OFF!”

Brian started hitting his arms against the water wildly, splashing AJ in the process. “AJ, stop being a drama queen for a second!”

“Oh my God this is so cold!” Howie squeaked next to Brian. “I’m going to kill that little runt, I swear!”

Brian tried for grinning but his jaw hurts too much from the chattering of his teeth. “Get…in…line…D!”

“I wish you’d called 911, D. That’ll show…the idiot…to not mess around…like that!” AJ spluttered and splashed Brian in retaliation.

Kevin stared at Nick, who was still laughing nearby. He was laughing so hard that Kevin swore the kid was beginning to wheeze. He felt the cold stabbing his every bone and his muscles were already going numb. He figured at the rate they were going, they’d either die of hypothermia or drowning.

“I can’t believe we fall for that.”

“Payback’s a bitch, bitch.” Nick grinned.

“You realise you’ve been in the water longer than any of us right?” Kevin smirked. “And that your lips are turning blue and you’re wheezing and you’re probably gonna get sick from this and be miserable for a very long time and still tour?”

Nick actually had the decency to look worried for a few seconds, and Kevin wished it had stayed that way longer. All too soon, Nick was back to grinning again and Kevin knew nothing good would ever come out of that.

“Great. I get to…infect all of you…with my…germs. Kaos Germ…Warfare.”

- - -

So it wasn’t a swamp demon thing. I’m very disappointed. Definitely not jellyfish. Maybe it’s a mermaid with a feet fetish, cause you know, they don’t have feet, they’re probably jealous I have two.

Come on kiddo, drink the hot cocoa and go to sleep. You’ll feel better tomorrow.

Yeah, definitely a mermaid.

a/n: apologies for the confusion you might have gone through reading that, lol. I'm just experimenting different ways to write POVs and for this one, in Nick's POV, you see bolded dialogues when he talked to the guys and things the guys said are in italics to him...probably cause of distance, they sound echoey to him, who knows? My muse didn't really explain that in detail, lol. Then the normal stuff is just stuff he said in his head. Hope this helped!