- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
These were the rules for this challenge:

But I want you to create a scene or ficlet this time around. All you have to do is explain what is happening in this picture. You can use first person or third person but it can't be longer than 1,000 words.

The picture is the same as the banner I made!
The others yelled I was crazy and you know what.. For once, I think they were right. I mean, at first I thought it was a good idea to dive in after it, but the water was cold!!

You’d think they would try to get me out A.S.A.P. but nooooooooo.. They just stood there and laughed their heads off. Me, on the other hand, I had nothing to laugh about. Have I told you the water was freaking cold?

Ten minutes later, Kevin and Howie finally helped me back onto the boat and Brian handed me a towel. Had they stopped laughing? Nope. Were my teeth still chattering? Yups. That water was icecold, you know.

Why I dived in?

Well, first I gotta tell you, at that time, it seemed like a good idea. Really. It made perfect sense. Maybe the heat got to me or something. Yeah, that’s gotta be it. See, it was a amazing day for a boat trip. A blazing hot day. Too bad the water was absolutely freezing and even more sucky that I had to stay in there for so freaking long.

You see, what happened was.. Wait, did I just say sucky?! Oh my God.. I sound like a fucking 12-year old. Can you change ‘sucky’ into something more adult like, I dunno.. awful or something? Even though that’s the understatement of the CENTURY!

Alright, back to what happened. But before I do, I gotta tell you.. the water was so cold, that if it hadn’t been as big as oceans are, I would have been surrounded by ice cubes, I swear!

Okay, okay.. I’ll get down to business!!

The reason I dived in the ocean, was that my phone fell in a few seconds earlier. Dunno how the hell that happened by the way. It just did. It probably decided it was time for a swim or something.

So yeah, the only logical thing to do was to dive after it! I mean, it was a pretty cool phone! I figured that if I could go and rescue it, it would still work.

What do you mean, you never heard such a thing before? Have you been living in a cave or something?! It happens to people all the time!

For example, a few months ago, A.J. dropped his in his own toilet while taking a leak. Gross, I know!! But back to my point. He saved his phone and after blowdrying the thing, it is still working to this day.

Too bad I forgot the ocean water is salty. Sure, I could have dried the thing, but the salt would have made the insides rust and it would have been useless none the less.

But did my brain think of that before I dived in? Noooooooooo.. that kind of info came to me AFTER I dived in.

And another thing.. ofcourse my phone was long gone by the time I had resurfaced, taken a deep breath and dived under again. And THEN I had to be in that extremely, awfully, fucking freezing water for another 28 minutes before my so-called friends decided to help me out.

Now, the guys keep asking me if my new phone came with a life-jacket. So not funny.. they really should let me handle all the comedy things..

So yeah, that about sums up why I decided to dive in the ocean that day. Did I tell you how fuckingly cold the water was?!