- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
April Fools day is fun isn't it? lol
I will protect you from all around you
I will be here don’t you cry…
For one so small, you seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm,
This bond between us, can't be broken
So I’m gonna be here, don’t you cry
You'll be in my heart,
You'll be in my heart,
From this day on, now and forever more…

-Usher, “You’ll Be In My Heart”

Chapter Fourteen: Baby, It’s You

Valentine’s Day. Evil holiday. With someone or not, the whole damn day is stupid. It is. Created for hallmark to make money by convincing people that they need to show their love one day a year rather than all year long. I’m in the other master bedroom of the main house. On a wing opposite of where Nick is. He had a point. Though I don’t think he realizes I ain’t staying in Florida forever. Just until I know I can handle moving back to LA and that Haven can too. So I’m thinking when she’s a year old. I miss California. Less bullshit drama. But here’s the problem. I really like Luke. So if I move, that means lots and lots of distance. Should I just buy my own place and stay out here?

*****

All we found was this story she wrote when we found the body. She didn’t know, didn’t understand none of it was real. Had she known, perhaps she could have been a writer? Now we will never know. My daughter fully believed she was pregnant with a Backstreet Boy’s child. One she’s been obsessed with since she was twelve years old. She’s been in the mental institution since she was fifteen years old. She murdered another to try to get to Nick. I only wish we could have saved her…

Perhaps now she's found peace, and the love she was so convinced was real with a man she never met.

Rest in peace Kayden.
Chapter End Notes:
April Fools!

LOL okay this isn't the best prank ever, but I never do this and thought I'd try it this year :). However, the title, lyrics, and the first paragraph before the stars? All from the real chapter, which I have in the works. I promise lol.