- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another update that took me forever. lol I'll admit, 00Carter is pretty much my baby. So in downtime writing for my collaborators to get motivated I tend to get inspired for my solo stories, so go figure lol. But I love these stories, never doubt it! lol.

Anywho, this chapter was amusing for me to write. Hope you find it funny and good too. Lemme know, kay? Enjoy.
“Rehab”

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
So darling, darling, stand by me
Oh, stand by me…stand by me
If the sky that we look upon,
Should tumble and fall
Or the mountain
Should crumble to the sea
I won’t cry, I won’t cry
No I won’t shed a tear,
Just as long as you stand, stand by me…
-Ben E. King, “Stand By Me”

Chapter Fifteen: From Pain, Comes Beauty

Going to a place near by! Gotta go!

Oh hell now I sound like one of our damn songs. Or Brian cause he’s always quoting that damn song. Focus! It’s not the end of the world. You’re just becoming a father. No big deal…

Oh screw logic!

Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!

Shit! I put all the crap I was holding on the floor, shoved some to AJ. He caught it barely before it spilled. I could care less. Well I did care, tattoo boy would’ve heard it if he didn’t catch the shit. But it could’ve been fixed, I had tarps over the carpet. And it’s not important now anyway! Ah! Stop rambling and focus Nick! He stared at me, like I’m crazy. I am not fucking crazy! I just, oh, I gotta grab Kayden’s bag sitting in her room. And…and…go to South Bay Hospital. She said South Bay right?! Shit!

She did say South Bay.

Right? Right?! I need someone to remind me I’m right. Cause my mind ain’t exactly working! What a time for it to go on fucking vacation.

Shit!

“Nick, you aight?”

“She’s having the kid!”

“Bro, calm down. Go, get her stuff, and drive down there. Don’t get your ass in an accident, if the crash don’t kill ya, the bitch will for not being there.”

“Aight. Paint this in for me will ya?” I had already done all the sketches. I could touch up too what mistakes AJ made. Besides Kayden and the baby will likely be in the hospital at least for another day right? I can do it then… Okay, Nick focus! Your daughter is being born now dumbass! I ran to Kayden’s room, grabbed her bag, tossed AJ the spare key once he stepped in the hall. “Thanks!”

My ass bolted out the door and in the car. Fuck! I need a baby seat for when they come back! So I ran back in, back up the damn stairs, and past AJ. He was a prick who laughed his ass off at me as I dug through the closet to find the baby seat we bought. I grabbed it, and ran out the door again. It took me fifteen damn minutes just to get the damn seat hooked in the backseat. Fuck! I slammed the door, got in the front seat. Then I realized I left the bag on the ground outside the car. Stupid! I reopened the door, grabbed it, and tossed the bag in the backseat. It was only clothes anyway.

Of course then I realized all that bullshit was for nothing since like I just said they WILL probably be in the hospital for a day or so after this. I hit the damn steering wheel in frustration of the prime example of me being a supreme dumb-ass.

I put the key in the ignition of my baby, my Cadillac. Take deep breaths, in…out…in and out… Breathe. Breathe. Okay, start the car.

Start the car.

WHY THE HELL ISN’T THE CAR STARTING?

Oh you’ve got to be fucking kidding me! The car won’t fucking start! I hit the wheel again. Piece of shit! Not today. Okay, breathe. In and out…in…out… oh fuck it. That shit never works anyway. I slammed my fist against the dashboard, and the car sprung to life.

Hallelujah!

Maybe I’ll start praying with Brian now! Later though! I backed out, and sped off to the hospital. Please let me make in time. God if you exist, if you hear me, let me make it. Give a guy a break here buddy.

I may be on weird ass ground with Kay, but there was no way in hell I wouldn’t be there. When she asked me, I knew she needed it. And, you only get to see your first born come into the world once.

And call it petty but Luke ain’t taking my spot when I’m supposed to be in that delivery room for my daughter. His ass is getting kicked out the first chance I get.

Holy shit, I am going to be a father. Fuck! Can I do this?!

One way to find out…

************

“I can’t do this! I can’t do this!”

“Calm down…”

“YOU CALM DOWN!”

“Kayden…Kaydee…”

I stared at him. This pain is fucking intense! I swear to god how do women do this! It’s like…it’s like pushing a huge ass watermelon through a tiny little bendy straw. Hello, it does not work! And…did he just call me Kaydee?! Oh hell no. I don’t let anyone call me that, too many people makes them think that leads to Kate, Katie, Kade…you name it. The only one who ever got away with it…well he’s an asshole anyway!

“Only Nick can call me Kaydee!” I heard myself roar back at him. I blame the pain, the hormones, the fact I’m trying to push a kid out from my loins. Oh fucking god, that sounds so painful. Worse than this! I’m going to die.

Help! Then finally I could breathe a moment, the contraction setting aside. Okay Kayden, time to think, be logical. Shit, that’s not my strong suit even when I’m not in labor. I had called Nick, good, so he’ll be there. I want him to…he is the father it should be him driving right now instead. I love having Luke around, it’s been said, but it does feel off that it’s him and not Nick. Oh well, I have my man doing it instead, so that worked. I’ll have Nick call everyone else later. Luke was driving like a madman, navigating the thankfully not crazy highways. Remind me to thank god for having me be in Florida and not in LA. If I’d been in LA my poor Haven would have been born in the back of damn car. Yes that traffic is that shitty and I would have been panicking badly had I been in LA when this happened. Oh, oh no. Not again! Damn! That wasn’t even three minutes ago! Shit!

My phone rang…and I recognized it as another interview number. Oh fucking hell! I stuffed it in my pocket cause I can’t turn it off cause of this shit. At the rate I was going because of this mess I was gonna end up more known than Katie Couric and all because the father of my baby was an asshole named Nick Carter. One who happened to be a very well known and famous Backstreet Boy. Go fucking figure! Oh! Ow! Pain! Paaaaaain!

“Okay, sorry…”

“Get me there! I’m…oh fucking shit eating whores this HURTS!”

I felt the speed pick up as he gazed back at me, concern written in those pretty blue green eyes of his. I really cared about Luke, but, I don’t know. Something beyond the aching searing pain that finally paused again for a moment, was bothering me. I make no sense. Damn, I blame the pain. Cause dammit here we go a third time. Oh shit these things are close together. That’s like, well it’s good but not. Good cause quick labor. Bad because of quick labor.

That made no sense. I’m sounding like Asshole.

Finally I heard the car screech to a stop. Thank you! Luke raced out of the car, and within moments was back with a nurse wheeling a wheelchair for me. Well that’s more like it! At least I’m at the hospital. That’s a positive. Right. Think positive.

“I’m here for ya Kay.”

I heard myself say it. I can’t believe I said this, but… “I need Nick here! Where is that asshole?! He said he’d be here for me and I need him here!” I blame the pain. I really do. Though…I wish he was here. Figures though.

I tried my best to smile amidst the excruciating pain we call normal childbirth. My hand was in his and I was pretty sure I was cutting off all circulation in his hand. Yep, that tight. Y’all try childbirth and then judge me though. The contractions kept on coming, getting closer together than I would have liked personally.

“Just keep breathing”

I swear the next person who says that will end up stabbed.

*************

By the time I got to the hospital I was damn sure she likely had the kid already. I took fucking forever. It wasn’t my fault. There was an accident which caused traffic. I was screaming my head off at them out the window, pissed and wishing something could speed it up. I mean come on! I’m having a baby!

It took too damn long to get there. I mean come on! Can’t something go my fucking way! I’m about to be a father and of fucking course I may not make it damn time. I’ll be damned if I’ll be replaced in that delivery room.

It’s not Kayden I’m possessive about, it’s my baby girl that’s about to enter the world. Yeah, see, that makes sense. Once I did get there, I ran across the damn parking lot. Bolted through the doors into the damn lobby. Pushed anyone who wouldn’t move aside. I didn’t care what they thought and most weren’t mad after I yelled “I’M HAVING A BABY” at them as I did it. I know I looked fucking panicked cause one of the nurses gave me some strange ass look. I don’t give a damn! I just need to find Kayden.

“Can I help you sir?”

Thank god she doesn’t recognize me.

“About…to…have…ba-…” I should catch my damn breath. “bout to be…a…father!”

“Floor two, go to the receptionist desk down the right, and ask for the name of the woman in labor.”

Turns out, once I ran up the damn stairs, I didn’t have to ask any fucking body. All I had to do was listen. Kayden’s screams still knew how to pierce my ears just right.

“I KNOW I’m effing dilated enough! Just give me the damn drugs!” Yes! Thank you Lord! I made it! Whoa, I can actually breathe now. Feels good.

I followed the shrieks. That’s the baby mama aight.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN I’M TOO FAR ALONG TO GET THE DRUGS! I want my goddamn epidural!” Man, I feel sorry for the doctor.

Then I heard the usurper of the baby labor. “Kaydee, calm down.” What the hell did he just call her? Did I hear that right?

“Stop trying to calm me down! OWWWWWW Holy hell that hurts! And only asshole can call me that.” Gee, glad to know she fucking cared. “Where IS NICK!? He needs to fucking be here!”

I got close to the room. I heard them trying hard to calm her. “You can only have one person in here-”

“I want NICK! He’s the father! He needs to see what he’s done to me! Where the hell is that asshole! It’s like him not to-”

I smirked as I walked in. Just to piss her off. Yeah I’m terrible. But fucking hell, I need to pretend to be calm. It ain’t like Kayden is gonna be calm any damn time soon. We can’t both freaking panic.

I nudged Luke aside, ignored the glare. Asswipe. I heard the nurse guide him to the waiting room. I ignored the whole thing. Pretended like I didn’t hear Luke calling me a selfish washed up popstar under his breath as he walked by me, knowing Kayden wouldn’t hear it. I took Kayden’s hand, cause it seemed to be the right thing to do. I remembered what I’m supposed to do. She needs stability, someone to help her focus on something other than the pain.

Despite all the damn differences, between my fuck ups and hers, and all the bullshit, it all needs to go the hell away. Cause we have a daughter to bring into the world.

I’m about to be a father. And now Kayden is going to be a mother. It just now fucking becomes real. I never would have predicted any of this bullshit before. I bet she never would have either.

“Come on Kaydee, breathe, in and out…eee eee oooh…”

“You were fucking late.”

“But I’m here. I told you I would be didn’t I?”

Her forehead was sweaty, her hair sticking to her face. Pain was written in her blue-green eyes. Instead of some smart ass response like normal, she rolled her eyes and bit her lip as more contractions came. She finally stopped yelling. The pain was getting worse but she stopped yelling since I came in. Weird. And what’s crazy as hell? For the first time since she told me she was knocked up (the first time I mean), she looked beautiful again to me.

Crazy shit. And a miracle all its damn own.

Now to watch the one we created arrive.