- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another new chapter, I'm gonna try to keep the updates coming, and work on my other fics. But it's close to the end of the semester, which means exams, plus the holidays, so I'll try my best when I can. Anywho, thankies for all you who've been reviewing. I really appreciate it. Enjoy the chapter!
“Rehab”

Chapter Three: Crazy Bitch

You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night...
...Take it off, the paper is your game
You jump in bed with fame…

- “Crazy Bitch” by Buckcherry

Long wavy brown hair, dark eyes, olive Italian skin, all attached to a shrieking excited girl a year older than me who hugged me as soon as she saw me standing at her doorway. I’ve always towered over her in a funny way though. She’s a good eight inches shorter than me, only 5’1”, which she tries to make up for in heels. She hugged me again, excited and I can’t help but laugh. That would be my Melz alright.

“Kay! Oh my god! Get in here.” I was forcibly yanked inside with the door slamming way too quick behind me. I hide a chuckle. Girl is a bit crazy, but it’s a good crazy. It’s good her students don’t see this side of her haha.

“Hey, long time no see. I’m in town for business-” Not a total lie. “and thought I’d come by.” I’ll be explaining it all in a minute anyway.

“You’re preggers!”

I rub my stomach, thinking of the little girl growing inside me. That does have a calming effect, even against the rage that always boils around asshole anymore. “Yep, seven months goin’. You’ll never guess who the father is…”

“Chris”

I wince at the thought. That name brought memories I wanted nothing more than to forget. It was just more memories that helped lead to now, something I can’t, that I ain’t reliving. Slowly easing my big ass on the cream colored leather couch, I shook my head at her. My hands stay on my stomach as my unborn child plays soccer with my innards. She was pretty hyperactive in there right now. You can tell she’s mine anyway. “No.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah it’s not, no matter what was done or said there.”

“Hmm…”

I let her think for a moment before springing it on her. “It’s Nick’s.”

“No!”

“Yes.”

“No, no way. You’re kidding.”

“Nope.”

“Just, no.”

I laugh; it is hard to believe, especially with the asshole and me. “Yes.”

“Noooooo.”

“Yeeeeees.”

“Don’t bullshit a bullshitter girl.”

“I shit you not…”

I can see the thoughts racing through her mind as her mind goes over the past year or so. This would be when everything went to hell. Can’t blame her, if I told my twenty three or hell even twenty four year old self this, she’d say I was a fucking loon and to leave before she kicked my fucking ass.

“It’s Nick’s…”

“Yep.”

“Nickolas Gene Carter, youngest Backstreet Boy, dated Parisite Hilton type Nick’s.”

“Uh huh.”

“Holy shit.”

**********

Here’s a tip aight? Don’t ever start trying to have a talk after the mind-blowing sex with your girlfriend. I’d decided not to mention Kayden, I ain’t stupid. I had to say some shit though right? Just, shouldn’t have said after fucking bad ass sex is all. Wasn’t sure what to say though. Lissy and I just got past fucking groupie issues about a month ago. She may not know about a couple one night stands with em, but in the end I’m still with her. I’m careful, so it ain’t gonna hurt a damn thing. She was lying beside me nibbling my ear and making me want another damn go.

“You seem distracted…” She murmured.

“Well…”

“You can tell me” Her arms snake their way back around me slowly.

May as well fucking say it when she’s in a good mood right?

“Kayden came by today-”

“That psycho!?”

Fuck. Heh, for some reason hearing Lisette call her that got to me. I know it’s true and all that, but it’s like only I can fucking say it. Looking into my girl’s doll face, loving brown eyes, I still hated her saying that.

“It was civil.” Fucking liar Carter.

“No but it explains your black eye. You need a restraining order or something. Why you even entertain the thought of talking to her is BEYOND the-”

“I don’t know why Lissy.” And fucking hell I didn’t. After the shit with me and Kayden was done seven months ago, it shoulda been done. With me, once it’s done, I was fucking done. Me and past anything doesn’t mesh. Use ‘em/date ‘em, leave ‘em, forget ‘em. That’s how it fucking works for me now. Maybe it’s the past before that between us, but Kayden was the first who refused to let me forget her crazy ass.

“You know why Nick.”

“No, I don’t. She said we need to talk.” Not a full lie, Lissy would flip if she knew Kayden was pregnant before I actually worked that shit out.

“Right.” She climbed out of the bed then, looking for her clothes. Well fuck. Or lack of it. See don’t have talks post sex. It destroys the chance of another go. I get up, pulling on my boxers. Fucking hell.

“C’mon Lis, the girl was once-”

“Yeah your best friend, you’ve known her for years. I’ve heard it all before Nick!”

“It is true.”

“So is the fact she’s freaking psycho!”

“She was serious this time, she wanted a civil talk.”

She flipped a loose curl away from her eyes as she found her bra and put it on. “Yeah and those groupies before never had sex with you, and lets not forget pigs flying with blue capes at night. I’m not in the mood for another round of psycho bitch versus the man she’s obsessed with.”

“She’s not obsessed” What the fuck? Am I defending Kay?

“Oh sure she’s not.”

“Look, I don’t like her anymore than you do Lissy.” I pulled her close; she’s only wearing a pair of tight ass jeans and that damn bra. Mmm I smell peaches. ”But she did look serious, and I know she hates me so much she wouldn’t be here if she wasn’t.” I kiss the tip of her nose, glancing at her. “That’s it.”

She pulled away, but only gently so she can grab her shirt and slip it back on. “I’ll trust you for now, but dammit that crazy bitch has always caused issues from the get go. Even before when it was just ‘Lissy meet my best friend Kayden Jamison’, so she better not start it now.”

“Nothin’ is gonna start baby.” Unless she wants to have me start ripping off her clothes again. That we’ll start. Hell it sounds fun right now.

“For your sake Nick, it better not.”

She only gave me a short kiss before heading downstairs. Well damn. I heard the door shut signaling she left the house. I ain’t chasing after. She’s my girl and all but I know she’ll be back, Lissy always came back. Within eight months, our relationship has been between hell and back. She came back then, and she will now.

I may sound cocky but fuck, is it really cocky if you know that it’s true?

********

She had been nine years old, and after seeing so many with both their parents, or visiting one parent while living with another, Kayden finally began to wonder why she never had a father. Why didn’t she know who he was? For the longest time she thought it was natural to only have one parent. It was Nick, who she’d known for about a year then, who asked what happened to her dad. His family, dysfunctional and large and crazy as it was, made her jealous. Not that she’d ever admit that. Her own made her lonely. She knew mom loved her; it was unspoken, but felt on rare occasions.

She walked up to her mother, who had reddish gold hair, green eyes, and a worn smile. From past pictures, she had once been a grand beauty. Many of Kay’s expressions came from her own looks, but most of the features had to come from the father she never knew of.

“Mom, who’s my father?”

“Your father is long gone.”

“He died?” She asked, thinking maybe that’s why mommy never discussed it.

“No but you should think of him as such.”

“Why?”

“Because I said so, now go play.”


I shake the thoughts of my own childhood questions away as Mel takes in the events I caught her up on over the past hour or so as I munched on a pickle. Mmm. Yummy.

“Wow, so that’s what’s been happening the past year?” She finally asked, letting me forget yet another memory.

I nodded as I finished off my pickle and started petting the soft gray kitten rubbing up against my leg. “Crazy right?” The kitten leapt into my lap, using my swollen stomach as a nice little pillow. Melissa chuckles.

“Beyond. Don’t mind Star there, she loves preggy women oddly. So how’d he take it?”

“The first or second time I told him?”

“You told him twice?”

“Fucker didn’t buy it first time, so I knocked his ass out then. This time he gave me shit, so he might have a shiner later. And a sore ass gut.”

She raised a brow at me, a look I’ve gotten many times before when I act off my anger without thinking. Many people have given me that damn look. “Girl you have a worse temper than me and I’m Italian! Didn’t you take anger management during college? I remember you being forced to do that.”

“I still say that jock got his nuts kicked that hard cause he earned it. And yes I did, guess it didn’t work.”

“At least this time you got hormones to blame. So boy or girl?”

I stretch a bit, trying so hard to get comfortable. It’s getting harder and harder as the months go by. A smile flitters around my lips, I won’t admit it, but I am excited at being a mom. I’m just pissed off that the father had to be the asshole. Like or not, it ties us together forever. That wasn’t something I was prepared for when I had broken ties with the ass seven months before. Life can be fucked up like that. I can’t blame the child though, and she will be loved. Never doubt that one. Whether Nick wants to be a man about this or not, she will know I love her. That’ll be enough.

“Girl actually. I’ve become my mother in a way, dear fucking god.”

“Ooh, got a name? And what do you mean by that?” She leaned forward as Star hopped off my lap, jolted by my future soccer star’s many kicks.

“I’m unmarried, back in Florida, about to have a daughter on my own. I am mommy dearest. And no name yet, I have a few ideas, but if asshole decides to step up, I was going to maybe let him input ideas if you can believe it.”

A hand rests on my tummy know, and I watch Melz as she waits for kicks. Of course now the baby wants to stop for a few. “Any idea where you’re staying yet?”

I smile at her. “Well I was kinda maybe hoping of crashing here until I can find a place. My doctors gave me annoyed calls on my way here for making the trip to begin with at twenty-nine weeks, and told me to stay in the damn state for the rest of my pregnancy. Plus the baby will be too new to make my way back to Cali. I hadn’t thought of that when I came to tell asshole. I just don’t feel like the hassle of hotels-”

“Of course you can stay here; you know I have the extra room. Ooh and I can help you baby shop, and set up your baby shower and-”

Standing, I give her a hug. “Thanks, seriously. You’re too sweet.”

“C’mon, we’ve been friends for years now, that’s what they’re there for.” The baby kicked sharp that damn time I wince as her eyes widen since she was hugging me when she did it. “Wow, strong one.”

“Future soccer star man.”

Then the ring tone of “Fuck It” by Eamon goes off. Yeah that’s for Nick’s number. Okay I’m predictable now. Leave it be. I grin at Melz, mouthing who it is as I answer. “Yes?”

“We should talk.”

“Now? No, I just got comfortable and yeah no. I tried to earlier.”

“Well fuck Kay, you sprung this shit on me, how was I supposed to take it?!”

Oh he had nerve! “I sprung it on you!? I told you this five months ago and you fucking didn’t wanna believe me! Sprung my ass!”

“Excuse me for fucking being human; I think we need to talk about this, if you can act like a damn adult Kayden. Can you fucking accomplish that?”

I roll my eyes and bite my tongue. Hard. I had to, to keep from exploding on him. “Aight, how about tomorrow, we’ll meet at our old spot.” He’d know what I meant, the one we had during childhood.

“Fine, bye Kaydee” Click. I raised a brow; he hasn’t called me that since we were thirteen and fourteen. I shook my head, hanging up my phone. Nothing ever made sense anymore. Everything, life itself, was just a crazy bitch.