- Text Size +

Alexya was sitting at the computer desk just like she did every day. She was just surfing the internet going from site to site checking her e-mail and e-bay. While checking her e-mail out she came across a contest. This wasn’t just any regular contest this contest was for the chance to become a photographer which is what she’s always wanted to be. So she clicked on the e-mail.

This contest is for only the most serious photographers out there. Please take this contest with all seriousness as possible. We are looking for the most dedicated and passionate photographer out there. Please fill out this form below and send it in by 12:00 a.m. September 16.

First Name ____________________ Middle Initial ______ Last Name ____________________________

Birthday: Month ______________ Day _______ Year ____________ Age ________

E-mail Address: ____________________________________________________________________

Occupation ______________________________________

Schooling_____________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________

And then write a one page essay on your talents as a photographer.

The grand prize will be announced at the award show on November 1st.

She looked at the form on the computer screen wondering if she was really gonna enter. Thanking about what she could do with a win and how this could help her career. Staring at the screen she started to fill in the blanks. It finally came down to the one page essay. She couldn’t think of anything at all she wanted to write something that would help her win. Finally she decided to look at her pictures for inspiration. Looking at the baby’s face and at the animals faces made her think of how she loved to take pictures of kids and people who had a thing that made them stand out and animals that just love the camera.

She sat there at the computer and wrote her essay and reread it and then prayed that it would help her win cause she wanted to win so badly. Then she pressed the send button and prayed once again and closed her eyes. The music was playing in the background and Jesus Take The Wheel was playing. She started to sing along with her eyes closed. She slowly opened her eyes to find a cat laying right next to the keyboard.

“Fat Louie, what are you doing up her on the table?” she asked the cat as he licked his paw. All the cat could do was look up at her and meow. She gave him a cute smile and rubbed his head then went back to surfing the internet.

Hours later she was getting ready for her blind date that her best friend Kristi had set her up with. She was almost ready when she heard a knock at the door. She ran and grabbed her purse and red heels. She opened the door to only find the most handsome guy in the world in front of her. “Wow you look amazing.” said the guy looking at Alexya’s hot black strapless dress and red hot high heels. “I love your hair it really makes your blue eyes stick out” He responded once again. Her hair was brown and lightly curled and down to her shoulders she looked beautiful.

“Thank you” She replied, “You look very handsome.” She turned around and locked the door and shut it behind her. “Ok where are we going?” She asked wanting to know.

“We’re going somewhere special and I’m not gonna say anything else about it” he replied.

“Great I love surprises” she said.

They walked out to his car and he opened her door and she sat down in the nice brand new mustang. He shut the door and walked over to his side and got in and started the car. They we’re off to go somewhere only he knew. About 15 minutes later he drives up to the most expensive place in town. “I hope you like Steak?” He said as he got out and walked to her said of the car. He opened her door helped her out then handed his keys to the guy at the parking desk. They walked into the restaurant and were seated right away.

“Hey and welcome to Burns Steak House I’ll be your waiter this evening. My name is Nate if you need anything. May I start you off with something to drink? A nice wine or something?” Asked Nate the waiter.

“No thank you I’ll have a dr. pepper.” Alexya replied.

“And I’ll have the same” replied her date.

“Ok I’ll be right back with your drinks and I’ll give you a few to look over your menu.” The waiter said and then left. During the time he was gone they we’re both silent not knowing what to say to each other. The waiter soon returned and placed the drinks in front of them. “Are you ready to order?”

“You can have anything on the menu you want” her date said.

“I‘ll have a New York strip medium with mash potatoes and a ceaser salad” She replied to the waiter

“I’ll have the same that sounds really good” replied her date to Nate the waiter. The waiter then left to put in the order. “So I hear you’re a teacher and a really good photographer.” He said starting a conversation.

“Yeah I teach the second grade and I enter some contest every now and then with my pictures.” She replied. “So what do you do for a living?”