- Text Size +

A little over a month later…

Alexya and Joel had become great friends and had been dating all this time. They felt like they had known each other their whole lives. It was the night of the concert and he was suppose to be over at Alexya’s house at 5 to get her. One thing he knew was her birthday was also that night. It was her 25th birthday today and he was gonna surprise her with one of the best birthday presents she’s ever gotten before. It was only noon and she was so excited to go that she couldn’t help but dance around the house to loud music.

As the radio played she heard her cell phone start to play Joel’s and her song. She turned down the stereo and walked over to her cell phone. She knew who it was cause when ‘Yes I Will’ plays its only one person, Joel. She sang along to the song as she walked over to it. “Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you. Yes I will, so these three words I promise to. Yes I will, give you everything you need. And someday start a family with you. Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you. Yes I will, baby I promise to. Yes I will, give you everything you need. And someday start a family with you.” Alexya sang. “Hello. Hey Joel, how are you. That’s great to hear.” She paused as he spoke. “Great I can’t wait to see you at 1 then. Bye see you then.” She hung up her phone then went back to the stereo and turned it back up and danced back to her room to get ready.

One o’clock came and she was ready and waiting for Joel. She had turned off the music and was watching TV. She had gotten all ready for the concert to she had her camera and her batteries ready. She had a clean memory card and looked hot. She heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. When she opened the door she found Joel dressed in a cute shirt and a pair of jeans with a pair of black converse on. He had two passes in his hand. She looked at Joel and hugged him and gave him a kisses as she got her purse and they left. “So what’s that that I see?” Alexya asked.

“These are two passes to go see their sound check for me and you,” Joel answered. “Happy birthday baby.” Tears ran down her face as he said that, but these were happy tears.

“Thank you so much,” Alexya said. “You don’t know what this means to me. I love you so much Joel.” That was the first time she ever said how she really felt about him. And she meant every word she just said. H felt the same way too.

“I love you too,” Joel replied and then hugged her. They stood there for like a two minutes before they decided to get in the car and go. Of course he still opened the car door for her and then let himself in. Then they were off.

The music of course was playing but today instead of listening to the usual music that was on like Backstreet Boys or Christina Aguilera they had the country station on. ‘Raining On Sunday’ was playing by Keith Urban. She loved this song so much that she started to sing along as the drove down the road. “Pray that it's raining on Sunday. Stormin' like crazy. We'll hide under the covers all afternoon. Baby whatever comes Monday. Can take care of itself. 'Cause we've got better things that we can do. When it's raining on Sunday.” Alexya sang on. “And pray that it's raining. on Sunday. Stormin' like crazy. And we'll hide under the covers all afternoon. And baby whatever comes. Monday. Can take care of itself. 'Cause we've got better things that we can do. When it's raining on Sunday. Ooh, oh oh.”

Joel kept his eyes on the road as he heard her sing along. She had a wonderful voice that would blow your mind.

About 15 minutes later after a quite ride to the amphitheater they parked his mustang and got out and walked over to the venue where the sound check was to be held. As they got there people were also coming in too. What Alexya didn’t know is that Joel knew one of the bodyguards so he had some connections. When they walked into the sound check there were balloons all over the place and they said ‘Happy 25th Birthday’. Alexya didn’t know they were for her so she just looked in amazement. “Oh look its someone else’s 25th birthday too.” Alexya said with a laugh.

“Yeah it must be,” Joel replied not trying to give it away. They took there places in the front row and Alexya got her camera ready so she could take a lot of pictures. “You ready?” He asked.

“Yep all ready,” she replied.

About 20 minutes later the sound check was ready to start. They guys all walked out and everyone was taking pictures. They said hi to everyone and started the sound check. They sang almost all the songs off of there new CD and there greatest hits CD too. And the end was soon to come when they started to interact with the fans.

“So I see some balloons here is it someone’s birthday or something?” Asked Howie. Looking around no one answered. Then out of nowhere Joel raises his hand. “So its your birthday?” Howie asked again.

“No its my girlfriends 25th birthday today.” Joel replied

“Aww how sweet of you to do this for her.” Howie stated. “You have a really great guy I wouldn’t let him go if I were you.” he said as he looked at Alexya.

“What’s your name honey?” Asked Nick.

Trying not to sound nervous she replied “Alexya and this is my boyfriend Joel.”

“That’s a really pretty name I’ve always loved that name,” replied AJ from behind the piano he was leaning on.

“Thank you,” replied Alexya. She was still in so much shock. She couldn’t believe they were talking to her and saying that her name was pretty.

“Would you like for us to sing happy birthday to you?” Asked Kevin.

“Sure if you don’t mind,” Alexya answered.

“Ok then here we go! You guys ready?” Brian asked. “One two three four.”

“Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you.” they sang. “ Happy birthday dear Alexya. Happy birthday to you.” As they sang to her Joel caught it on tape. She just couldn’t stop smiling.

Once they finished she smiled and said “Thank you so much.” Then turned and kissed her boyfriend and started to cry.

Nick started to whistle as they kissed and they all started to laugh at him.

“Shut up,” said AJ as he threw a towel at Nick.

After that moment they all came down and signed autographs and took pictures with everyone even Alexya and Joel. Then everyone left and the show was to begin at 7 o’clock that night.

Joel and Alexya left and we and got something to eat and then came back at 7 o’clock with a fresh new memory card and batteries. They went and watched the show which was amazing. They were three rows from the front. They guys again wished her a happy birthday. And sang all the songs from the sound check and more. Then came the last song of the night ‘Everybody’. Everyone was having fun and Alexya wished it could stay that way forever.