- Text Size +

Kevin dances, sweat runs down his eyebrows. He slicks his coarse black hair with his right hand and smiles as he looks at his reflection in the big mirrors that surround him. He stops and sits and clasps his hands together “How do I tell her.” he mumbles to himself.

Emma looks at the wedding dresses from outside as she shivers, her black eyes glisten with happiness , just to imagine being married to him. She smiles and places her hands on the glass as she smiles and the words “I love you” float out of her mouth.

Kevin dances huffing and puffing with every move, Emma stands at the door watching him intently. He turns to find her, a smile grows on his lips. She smiles as he walks over and hugs her, she squeezes him tight as he kisses her forehead. Emma gazes into Kevin’s eyes as they kiss with tenderness.

Kevin and Emma stare at each other in silence his smile replaced by a frown.

Emma: (Excited) I saw them they were so beautiful.

Kevin: That’s great, but baby there is something I need to tell you (With index finger moves her hair away from her face) It’s really important.

Emma: What is it you are worrying me.

Kevin: But I want you to know that no matter what I love you and that I don’t really want things to be this way.

Emma: (Worried expression) Just tell me please don’t keep me waiting!

Kevin: I have to go…again (Sighs)

Emma: (Smiles) Well we can get married then I can go with you (Tugs at his shirt) Right?

Kevin: No, you don’t understand…

They stand on the dance floor staring at each other an awkward silence fills the room.

Emma: (Breaking silence) That means that It’s over?

Kevin: No…I will come back soon. It’s only to postpone for a little while.

Emma: I’ve been set up twice, I believe with this one three times. I love you but I can’t wait for you forever.

Kevin: Don’t say that I love you too. But the manager says that we are at the peak of our career and staying away from our girlfriends and fiancés is what’s best right now. So you know that my career is important to me.

Emma: Yeah but I thought I was important too…I was around before this career. (Bows head)

Kevin: Could you just try to be a little understanding.

Emma: I have been understanding Kevin! I think YOU haven’t been understanding, I’ve forgiven you every time that you have left me with everything ready…I’ve had to cancel my invitations once and I forgave you…

Kevin: Oh come on your not going to throw that in my face now, all I need is for you to wait a little longer. Is that so hard?

Emma: As a matter of a fact yes it is…when you have been waiting as long as I have to be happily married to the man you love.

Kevin: Come on Emma…

Emma: I’m sorry Kevin, but that is it. Either you stand here and that means that you will stay and marry me, or you walk out and follow your career. Once you walk out, your walking out of my life and you will never see me again. (She sighs with fear as she places her fingers over the engagement ring on her left hand)

Kevin sighs as Emma looks at him hopelessly, he breaks the silence.

Kevin: What your making me do isn’t fair… (He leans over and kisses her and whispers in her ear as she places the ring in his pocket) I love you, don’t ever forget that.

He glances at her watery eyes and begins to walks out. She stays behind tears falling from her eyes as she watches him disappear. He wipes a tear that rolls down his cheek as he fights the feeling of looking back at her one last time.