- Text Size +
Nick finished up his beer and followed her. She was different from the other girls and he really wanted her. Girls who played hard to get… what a fun game. At least for him.
But today it was not supposed to be. A bunch of girls blocked his way, screaming, crying, wanting his autograph. He had already lost sight of her. His chance for today was gone. Damn it.

Annoyed, he took the pen out of a young girl’s hand, trying to smile and please her. He hated that part of being known. He was never alone, always followed, always wanted. It took him awhile to give them all what they wanted. An autograph here, a smile and a picture there. He was happy when they let him go. But he took something with him. Something that would please him for tonight as well.

Today it wouldn’t be the girl from the bar finding herself in his bed but maybe she would tomorrow. He could only smirk at that when he left the lobby with a tall blonde girl.

***


Katelynn blinked. What a night. Like always her dreams were haunted by nightmares and she woke up exhausted. When will this stop? She silently asked herself. She was ready to get rid of her thoughts and fears. Ready for a new day.

She slowly got up and went into the living room. She wanted to wake up Karyn and was slighty surprised to see her sitting in the living room watching tv and eating breakfast.

“Why are you up already?” she aked rubbing her eyes.

“First off it’s already 11 and second I didn’t get back into the hotel room at 2am like you. What did you do anyway? Where did you go?” Karyn was curious. She fell asleep right away yesterday but she woke up again when her sister closed the door. She heard her curse outside and wondered what she did right away. But she was afraid that she might get mad when she got up at such hour to ask her.

“Nowhere. Get ready! We have to leave in an hour” Kate answered without looking into her eyes. She didn’t want her sister to know that she met one band member. She guessed that Nick guy was her favorite and she didn’t want to destroy her vision of a so perfect boy. She was still a kid and had the right to dream. She didn’t need to know yet that everything was just an illusion.

***


Nick watched the fans run after the bus as if they could stop the vehicle and live their dream a little bit longer. This was his own one once and he kept wondering if it still was.

They had just left the hotel a minute ago, ready to head over to Tampa. This town held so much memories for him. Good ones and bad ones.

He rembered buying his first house there. He’d seen it sitting on the bay and fallen for it right away. He loved his home but today it wasn’t his anymore. He had moved to Los Angeles a few years ago to be closer to his family. Now that his parents were divorced and living on different coasts he regretted that he ever left Tampa behind. He often wondered what kind of people lived in his own little castle now. Were they happy as he once had been?

He had had girlfriends there as well, one girl he even loved but she left him behind for someone “normal” as she used to call it. She broke his heart and back in the day he wanted nothing more than to leave that part of his life, but his wounds healed and he seemed to be okay again, at least on the outside.

He stood up and walked over to his bunk. He didn’t want to be bothered by AJ, who was in the bus with him. He wasn’t in the mood for talking today. He felt awful and wanted to be left alone.

Today when he woke up he didn’t find himself alone in bed. The blonde from yesterday was still laying next to him, a blanket barely covering her, her back facing him. He tried to be quiet and escape her. But he didn’t have that much luck. She opened her eyes right when he opened the bedroom door.

“Where do you want to go?” she asked sadly.

He didn’t know what to say and just left the room. He knew he broke her heart but he couldn’t help himself. He sent her breakfast up when he left the hotel, that’s all he could do. He didn’t want to face those girls in the morning. They meant nothing to him. He didn’t want to care at all. He always tried to tell himself that this was what they wanted and yet he always felt guilt in the morning when they woke up with hope in their eyes.

He wanted a girl who loved him for him. Who actually cared about him and not his money or fame. He wanted to love and to be loved again. Why couldn’t he find a girl he could enjoy waking up with in the morning? One he wanted to stay in bed all day just to watch. He wanted to love and nothing else. And yet it was always a groupie finding her way to his bed.

He thought about the girl in the bar again. She was different. Maybe he should try to see her as more than just a possible fuck. She didn’t seem to care about what he was, actually she didn’t seem to like his fame at all. He watched her last night at the concert. Every other girl would be more than happy to see him looking at her, but she wasn’t. She didn’t give him one smile through the whole concert, she even tried to avoid his eyes. But little did she know it was exactly that that made her so interesting. Maybe he would be able to find a way to get to know her more. Didn’t she say she had a sister? Maybe he could arrange some soundcheck tickets or backstage passes. She was following them because of her so she wanted to see her happy and every fan would love to go backstage. This might be his only way to get close to her again, well after figuring out her name anyway.

***

It was close to showtime when he took a look at the audience. The place was packed as always. But today he just cared about seeing her again. He was curious if she and her sister would sit in the first row again and they really did. She didn’t look very happy but her sister did. It was easier to figure out who her sister was than he thought. They looked alike and couldn’t even try to deny they were related to each other. Each one of them was pretty, wearing normal clothes and hardly any make-up. Natural beauties.

“Hey Q,” he was ushering for his bodyguard. It didn’t even take a second for him to get there.

“What’s wrong?”he asked worried. Being Nick’s guard sure wasn’t easy.

“Nothing,” Nick laughed. “Do you see those two girls there sitting first row?”

“Boy – there are more than two girls sitting. Can you please be a bit more specific?”
Q shook his head, this boy had problems sometimes.

“I am talking about the two sisters sitting right in front of stage, the younger one is wearing a skirt, do you see them now?”

“Yeah.”

“Get them some soundcheck tickets for tomorrow, will ya? But give them to the younger one and ask them for their names. I have a feeling that the older one doesn’t like my idea,” he smirked.

***

Half of the show was over and Kate couldn’t wait for the final song to arrive. She would actually enjoy it, if it weren’t for that Nick guy. He got on her nerves. He was always standing in front of them, singing to them, watching them closely. Karyn was in heaven but Katelynn felt cornered. She couldn’t escape because she was stuck with her sister. Maybe she could wait outside next time. She had to really think about that.

The boys just went behind stage to to change clothes when a big, black man came over to them. Katelynn looked around. Was he really going to them? If so, why? Did they do something wrong?

“Excuse me ladies. My name is Q and I have something to give you,” he said politly.

He gave Karyn an envelope, which she opened curiously. Kate found her sister speechless, a fact which didn’t happen very often. Katelynn looked what she held in her hand. The only thing she could see were two pieces of paper colored blue and white.

“What is that?” she wanted to know.

“These are soundcheck tickets for tomorrow. Be at the entrance of the arena by 4pm and wait for me. I’ll pick you and the other people up and lead you to the stage. The only thing that I still want to know is your names,” Q explained.

“I am Karyn and this is my sister Kate,” Karyn replied cheerful. She couldn’t believe how something like that could actually happen to her. This must be a dream, she was sure of that one.

“Okay, thanks ladies. Enjoy the rest of the show and I hop to see you tomorrow,” he said before going backstage again.

Katelynn didn’t even have time to react. She knew who she had to ‘thank’. She was pissed, he really wanted to buy her it seemed. But she couldn’t say no to Karyn now that she was on cloud nine again. Life was unfair.

When the boys came back on stage Nick grinned at her. And for the first time she grinned back but it was an evil smile. He wants to play? Sure thing – I am in.

***

Katelynn guessed Nick would be at the bar again late at night and that’s exactly were she found him. Girls sitting everywhere. Okay, that’s no game field. Think Kate…

“Hey,” she whispered in his ear. Chills ran down his spine.

“Wanna go somewhere else?” she seductively asked.

Nick could only nod his head before grabbing her hand and leaving the bar. Jealous looks following them. The groupies had probably waited for hours for him to get downstairs and now some girl they never seen before stole their man right infront of their eyes.

When the doors of the elevator closed Katelynn started her little plan. She waited of few seconds before pressing the stop button. She turned to him and smiled sweetly getting even closer to him.

She looked him straight in the eye before asking, “that’s what you wanted, isn’t it?”

“Oh yeah,” he breathed out before finally kissing her.

Katelynn pressed him against the wall kissing him a little deeper. When he started moaning she went even further by grabbing his groin, massaging it slowly through his pants. She opened her eyes to get the elevator going again, pressing some number.

The doors opened and she moved away from him again, leaving the small room. She only winked at him before laughing, “poor boy! Payback is a bitch isn’t it?”

Nick only licked his lips when the doors closed again. He was completely breatheless. She was something. Fuck my thoughts from earlier. I want her. Bad. She made the first move and he was ready to make the next. He knew she wouldn’t like him giving her and her sister soundcheck tickets but if this was his punishment than he was surely willing to do it again. Today it was her move to make but tomorrow it would be his. He would make sure of that.

He left the elevator with a cocky smile on his lips. Oh yeah, he was ready to get that game going.

***
Chapter End Notes:
If you read, please leave feedback! =) Thank you!!