- Text Size +
The day started off just like it ended - Katelynn was feeling like shit.

To get to Atlanta in time, they had to take a plane, and she hated flying. She always got sick from all the shaking. And her fear of heights only made it worse. The things you do for people you love…. She had a bad feeling about this day and tried to shake it off. What could be happening anyway? Getting to the hotel, to that soundcheck-party thing and after that they were going to the concert again, only to fall asleep right after it to be fit for the next day. She was already getting tired of this kind of lifestyle. How can these guys do this 24/7?

Kate and Karyn arrived the hotel by 3pm. They only had time to get rid of their luggage before going to the venue of the day. Katelynn was tired, she didn’t want to be here, she was craving a bed but no such luck. Here goes nothing.

Like Q said he was picking them up by 4pm sharp. But they were not the only ones getting in. She learned that you could also win these tickets in some contests and she was happy that there would be more people around. This way she could stand far behind all the fans without anybody caring so much.

The arena looked strange being so empty. She only seen this place packed before. Fans were running past her to stand first row, she already lost Karyn, too. But she didn’t worry. She could overview the little crowd and seeing Karyn standing first row was making her smile. I guess she got what she wanted again.

The guys were already there joking around. She could see the piano which only appeared at the end of the show standing in the middle.

When there were no more people coming in, the guys sat down around the piano, greeting their fans before a familiar sound set in.

Empty spaces fill me up with holes, distant faces with no place left to go. Without you within me I can’t find no rest, where I’m going is anybody’s guess.” It was the tattood guy singing again. Karyn told her his name was AJ. What kind of name is that anyway? Kate liked his voice, it was raspy but full of emotion. And somehow he made it possible for the lyrics to get under her skin. She had to confess she loved that song. She could understand what they were singing about. She had felt incomplete since her mom died.

I’ve tried to go on like I never knew you. I’m awake but my world is half asleep. I pray for this heart to be unbroken but without you all I’m going to be is incomplete...,” the fans were singing along with Nick. Today was the first time she really heard him. It was nearly impossible with the arena sold out but now she heard how he put his heart and soul into the song. She wondered what made him incomplete. She felt tears coming up but she didn’t want to cry, not here anyway. She wiped them from her face only fast enough for him not to see because he looked at her again. His eyes were sad and she felt a slight connection to him. Human after all.

They sang another song called “Weird World” before they took their time to answer fan questions, pose for photos or accept presents.

Kate never thought they would do such a thing. They were famous and most stars didn’t care much for their fans but they did.

A guy was running around with a microphone to collect questions. Most of them were the same old ones they always heard: “Do you have a girlfriend?”, “Will you record another album?” and so on.

One question was directed to Nick by a a girl who was the same age as her she guessed. “I wanna know,” she was shaking, “what the craziest thing was that ever happened to you!”
Kate couldn’t see her her face since she stood at the far end of the venue but she could picture her smiling.

“Well,” Nick began to say when his eyes looked directly into Kate’s. “There was this one girl,” he smirked. “She jumped me in an elevator not too long ago,” now he was laughing. “It was kinda funny.” He winked at her, Katelynn only showed him the finger. What is his problem? As if he didn’t like it.

More questions were asked when a bodyguard came her way.
“Miss? Can I please ask you to leave,” he said in a serious voice looking not very friendly at all.

“What?” she laughed.

“I want you to be out of here!” His eyes were narrowed. He was one scary guy.

“But why? I didn’t do anything!”

“You didn’t? How about your little finger facing the boys? One of the guy noticed and asked me to show you the way out. Something like this is not appreciated here, so please go!” He grabbed her by the arm trying to get her out of the arena.

“But my sister is still here! I can’t leave her here alone,” she argued.

“Then she has to go as well. Who is she? I am gonna get her right after I brought you out of the building.” Kate could only stare at him with an open mouth.

Kate told him pissed off. She couldn’t believe it. First of Nick asked them to come and now he was throwing them out? How dare he?

Karyn had tears in her eyes and looked pissed as hell when she came out off the venue herself.

“What did you do this time?” she screamed. “I wanted this so bad and you destroyed that special moment for me!”

“I didn’t …,” Kate tried to explain.

“You know what? I don’t want to hear it! I HATE you and now leave me the fuck alone,” she screamed again before running off.

Kate tried to keep up with her. This is nice… arg. Damn that guy.

***


Nick looked confused. What did just happen? He saw Marcus throwing out Kate and her sister. Yeah, she was showing him the finger but that was directed to him and no one saw it, or did someone? He looked around himself. The only one looking pleased with himself was Kevin. He rolled his eyes. Damn, she will be pissed as hell.

He finished soundcheck with the guys before confronting Kevin about the stunt he pulled.

“Hey Kev, can I talk to you a minute?” he asked.

“Yeah, sure. What’s wrong?” He always worried about Nick. He didn’t talk to him that much anymore as they used to when he was younger. He missed this bond but maybe it was getting better again.

“Why did you ask Marcus to throw out Kate?” Yeah, he wanted to piss her off but not like that. Until now it was just her and him and now that Kevin had her thrown out Karyn was in it as well.

“Who?” Kevin looked irretated.

“The girl standing in the far back!” Nick answered annoyed.

“Are you honestly asking that?” he looked surprised but he could see in Nick’s eyes that he was serious. “She was showing the finger to us and I think that’s not right. We have young kids in our audience and she should show a little respect towards us.”

“She was doing it because of me, okay? Leave her alone the next time!” with that said Nick turned around, ready to go in his bus to relax a little more before the show. He really hoped she would still show up at the concert.

***


Karyn wasn’t speaking with her anymore. She locked herself into her room, she didn’t even come out to use the bathroom since she had her own. Katelynn was frustrated. She didn’t need any of that shit and all just because of a stupid popstar.

What was that guy thinking anyway? That I would throw myself at him and love him forever? That’s ridiculous.

She was mad at him. He did what she didn’t want to happen. She lost the one person she could talk to because of something stupid like a finger. He deserved it because he provoked her by mentioning her to people who didn’t even know her. Who didn’t know her intentions behind that whole act. She wanted to slap him so bad. But she couldn’t. She didn’t even wanna see him again, at least not today.

Kate heard the crack. It seemed like Karyn had finally come out of her room. She herself was laying in bed staring at the light blue wall next to her. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know anyone around and she didn’t want to call any of her friends either since she didn’t want them to know where she was.

“I wanna go now,” Karyn shouted from outside. She sounded cold and Kate wasn’t really looking forward to sit in a car with her. She slowly rose from her bed, stepping in some clothes.

Like she thought, Karyn didn’t look at her when she came out and she didn’t want to say anything either because she didn’t want to fight and really, she didn’t know what to say at all. Sorry, didn’t quite make it this time.

***


Katelynn didn’t see the show that night. She felt that she was not wanted by her sister and she didn’t want to see Nick either. She would have lost it and that bodyguard sure was there to throw her out again, so she stay outside right away. She stayed in the car the whole time listining to some music.

When they got back to the hotel she could only face Karyn’s back and hear the door being shut loudly. She was so sick of this already. She wanted to have fun again, too. She hadn’t been out ever since her mom passed away. She was frustrated and decided right then and there to head out. Karyn didn’t care? Okay, so she wouldn’t care either.

She pulled out a mini skirt out of her suitcase and a tight shirt before calling the reception asking for a nice club around. While waiting for the cab she fixed her hair and make up. Without saying a word where she went she left Karyn behind this night.

***


Nick felt strange. The concert tonight was fine but he noticed that Kate wasn’t there. Her seat stayed empty for the whole concert. Only Karyn was there and she looked happy, at least most of the time. He told Q to keep her in his sight since no one else was there to take care of her.

They obviously had a fight going on and he felt guilty for causing it. What’s wrong with me? That’s not how I am. He felt mad about his feeling. Usally he didn’t care about anyone but somehow he cared about Kate. Something in her green eyes made him feel attached to her. He wanted her to feel good. He tried to shake his feelings off. What happened to his thoughts about getting her laid? He smirked, well he still wanted to do that. But tonight he would go party.

He went into a club nearby sitting down in the vip-lounge which overlooked the whole dancefloor. He would definitly have fun tonight. Girls were dancing and drinking. Oh yeah, he would have fun tonight. He grabbed a beer and started sipping at it when he noticed her.

Katelynn was dancing with several guys on the dance floor. She moved her hips seductively. What is she doing, he wondered. He had never seen her like that. She always appeared serious, as if nothing was interesting. He wanted to get back at her for yesterday. Like she said – payback is a bitch and today she would get the payback she deserved.

With a slight buzz, he got up and went to stand behind her. He could smell the alcohol she drank. She was drunk and didn’t even notice him behind her. She only pressed herself against Nick, making him horny. He had to get them out of here somehow. But how could he without her flipping out when she saw it was him. He couldn’t really do anything here, he was well-known and people were watching him. He guessed paparazzi weren’t far away either. Word got around fast when the boys were here.

“Do you trust me?” he whispered in her ear. Her answer was a laugh. But she thought it could be fun so she started nodding her head.

“Close your eyes!” And she did. When she felt a cold breeze hitting her and the music quieting she knew she was outside.

“Open your eyes!”

She just stared at him. This couldn’t be happening. She turned around right away, she just wanted to get away from him. But he wouldn’t let her go in again. Instead he pulled her towards him again, kissing her hard. At first she fought back but it didn’t take long for her to weaken. Nick could taste the alcohol on her lips. But that only got him to want more of her. He pressed her against the wall like she did the day before in the elevator.

“Not here,” she said the minute she was able to take a breath. He just nodded taking her hand, pulling her towards the street to call a cab.

They could hardly control their hands when they arrived at the hotel. Their lips were locked. They just couldn’t get enough of each other. They used the back entrance so no one could see them, creeping to the elevators.

When they finally arrived at his room they fell on the bed and started kissing each other everywhere. Only slowly their clothes came off and they started teasing each other. That’s better than I thought it would be, Nick was smiling. He was again getting what he wanted.

***


Her head was aching and she felt like throwing up. She opened her eyes, looking around. This is not my room, she noticed with fear. Clothes were everywhere and with a cry she saw that she was indeed naked. She slowly turned over to see who was there with her. “Oh my God,”she whispered, shocked. Nick was laying next to her, sleeping like a baby with a pleasant smile on his face. What did she do?

She got up as fast as she could, trying to collect all her clothes. But her shirt was nowhere to be found. She wanted to leave this room so much but she didn’t want to run around with only a bra either. She spotted her shirt laying under him. She would never be able to get it. Frustrated, she took one of his shirts, pulling it over her head.

She tried to be quiet when she ran out of the room. She wanted to get away as far as she could. Kate didn’t understand how something like that could happen. She didn’t remember anything of last night. She went to a club but what happened then?

She unlocked the door to her and Karyn’s suite, running to the bathroom. She had to throw up. Katelynn wouldn’t even look at herself in the mirror. She was disgusted with herself. She took the clothes off again, going for a shower. She turned the water to ice cold. She wanted to get him off of her. She started crying while rubbing her skin hard with shower gel. She wasn’t able to take anything of that anymore. She sank down, breaking down. She was sitting with her back on the cold shower wall, curled up. What would her mom think of her? Her dad? Her sister? Oh God, if Karyn finds out about this she will never forgive me. She will hate me even more than she does now…

That’s when she realized she was completely alone. No one was there to take her in their arms. To let her cry on their shoulder, to just listen to her. And her actions for tonight only made it worse. She felt like a slut. How was she ever able to face her family again? To face him? To face just everyone.

She started crying even harder, her whole body shaking. The cold water running down her already red skin.

***

Lyrics by BSB “Incomplete”
Chapter End Notes:
If you like what you read, please leave feedback! =) Thank you!!