- Text Size +

Once upon a time, there was a wicked brother named Nick.Now, Nick wasn’t exactly wicked so much as misunderstood but it’s a sad fact that Once Upon A Time doesn’t cope well with the misunderstood.It’s all about big concepts like Good. Evil. Virtue. Sin.

So, since Nick wasn’t good he automatically fell into the “Wicked” category. That’s just how it was.Nick never really questioned it. Why would he?

His father King Kevin had told everyone that his son Brian was a Miracle for as long as Nick could remember. And Nick loved Brian just as much as Kevin did, so it made sense to Nick.If there were two half brothers, one had to be good and one had to be bad. Obviously since Brian was the good one, Nick was the wicked one.

Nick heard enough stories as a child to know the score.He told the occasional lie.He picked on other children and laughed about it.He tried not to do anything too horrible, because he really did love Brian (and even Kevin) just as much as everyone else did, evn if nobody believed it. But sometimes he would break down and steal a toy from Brian because it got him some attention but no one noticed that except the King's Advisor Sir Howie, who kept his own counsel.

As they got older, Nick gradually stopped stealing Brian's toys and started stealing his suitors for his own instead. After all, he reasoned, Brian didn’t seem all that interested in them, and Nick couldn’t think of anything better to do with his time. 

So Nick went on his merry Wicked way, breaking hearts and telling fibs. It wasn’t an unpleasant existence, or even all that pleasant; it just was.

Except every now and then, Nick would get a glimpse of something really marvelous with one of those suitors.He’d try really hard to reach for it and hold on to it with everything he had, but it would just dance out of his hands, leaving him with nothing.

Or more accurately, they’d find out that he’d lied about something and drop him like a ton of bricks.

First, there was Lady Pairs. Even Nick couldn’t remember exactly why that one didn’t work out.

Then there was Lady London.Wow,She was cute. But she forgot all about him at times.Then there was Kendall.

Nick loved Kendall from the first minute he met her.The strong chin, the bright blue eyes, the way she laughed.She just made him weak in the knees. And she seemed equally gone on Nick, which was something of a shock to him. I forgot to mention that while Nick was Wicked,he was also very easy on the eyes.He had huge, sky blue eyes,creamy skin, beautiful blonde hair, Quite frankly, he was a stunner. Of course, Nick never really believed he was even good looking, because he thought his brother Brian was the most perfect guy on earth. Brian had dirty blond hair,  blue eyes, a lovely golden complexion, and the sweetest manner in the kingdom. Everyone always commented on how sweet Brian was. Needless to say, when Nick looked in the mirror, all he saw was a skinny, gangly thing with scraggly hair who looked nothing like his brother.Eventually Nick came to the conclusion that since he looked so different he couldn't be cute at all.