- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first (and only so far) attempt at writing fan fiction, so it might take me a while to get the flow going.
As English is not my first language there might be some grammer and/or spelling mistakes in between. If it disturbes the story, then please et me know.

Otherwise, read and enjoy. Reviews, good/bad, are always welcome.

/ Baby Blues
xxx
I slammed the front door shut and leaned up against i. My eyes closed on their own account and I tried to take a deep breath... Inhale ... Exhale... My feet had been hurting for several hours by now, and my legs were throbbing. Shit... I slowly opened my eyes, and saw my huge grey cat, Charlie, sitting in front of me. If looks could kill, I would be long gone.

”Hey Charlie Boy”, I tried, kneeling down, while trying to coax Charlie to come over. Fat chance - I really was pathetic. Charlie always managed to look like he’d been starved for several months, though by the size of his body, that surely wasn’t the case. Not that he was fat, but he was without a doubt the biggest cat I’d ever seen.
The look in his eyes still hadn’t changed and with a groan I stood up again and made my way into the kitchen of my small apartment. Whoever said that cats and Cancers would get along perfectly had definitely not seen Charlie and I.
Opening a cupboard, I took out a can of cat food. Feeling something against my leg, I looked down and saw Charlie rubbing himself against me, purring softly.

“Yeah, now you love me”, I mumbled and opened the can before dumping half of it down into Charlie’s bowl. A loud meow came from beside me. At least he was happy now. I looked around my kitchen trying to locate my phone. I guess you could say that I’d been in a bit of a hurry when I left this morning. Thankfully my best friend, Mathilda, had called me early to remind me of our blind double date the following evening, otherwise I’d had been late for work. Finally noticing my phone (nestled among my schoolbooks), I picked it up. Hmm, to call or not to call, that would be tonight’s question, I thought, though the beginning of a headache and my aching body quickly made up my mind. Punching a couple of numbers, I waited for someone to pick up the phone on the other end.

“Hi Miguel, how’re you doing? … Good, glad to hear that. Listen could I get a pizza no. 7 with extra cheese … delivered? Thanks … Sure, I’ll see you in 10, bye”.

Putting my phone down, I went into my bedroom to change out of my slim fit jeans. No doubt they looked good, but I was in serious need of something to relax in and these jeans didn’t fit the bill. Slipping on a grey pair of sweat pants, I waited for my dinner to arrive.
Normally, I would chat a bit with Miguel whenever he stopped by, but tonight I simply couldn’t find the energy. Thankfully Miguel knew me well (we once were married during our first year in Kindergarten. Sadly one day we fought over a red bucket and a divorce had been necessary), and with a quick glance at my face, he knew that today had been a day from Hell. He quickly handed me my pizza and basically ran out the door. I couldn’t really blame him.
Finally I could just lie down on my couch, eat and be merry, well as merry as one can be after a day from Hell. Smelling food, Charlie ran in and decided to join me. Fat chance Buddy, you’ve already had your dinner and I really don’t feel like cleaning up after you tonight, I thought, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

I guess by now you must think that I’m some lonely girl (yes, I’m a female if you hadn’t already guessed it), who talks with her cat and survives on junk food, as she’s too lazy to cook anything herself. If that’s the case then you’ve really misunderstood me and I believe I better introduce myself probably then. My name is Ea, and I’m 22 years old. I live in the centre of Copenhagen (that would be the capital of Denmark, a small country in Scandinavia), in a small 2 bedroom apartment. I’m currently studying to become a nurse, with only 3 semesters to go until I’m done. Normally I loved it, but today has just been one of those days, where I definitely should have stayed at home buried underneath my covers. This semester is supposed to give us students a feeling of what a job as a nurse really includes, which means that we’ve been assigned a hospital ward, where we’re “working” this semester. I’m on the cardio ward, where everyone with heart diseases is to be found. I love it here. The nurses have been nothing but nice to me and really helpful, plus they let me do a lot of things on my own. Still it’s very different than a normal school day, and I’m starting to feel that I really need a vacation. Thankfully I only have 2 months to go before I finish up this semester and can enjoy my summer holiday.
So yeah, I’m normally not lazy, in fact I’m pretty active during the week; I take salsa lessons once a week and work out a couple of times a week as well. In between you can usually find me going for a run, but that really depends on how much time I’ve got. Aside from that I love cooking and usually my friends and I get together at least twice a week for dinner and gossip. It’s really much nicer to cook for a group instead of just one. I love my friends, I really do. We’ve known each other since high school, and I couldn’t imagine them not being in my life, though we’re all very different:
We have Mathilda, the oldest, who’s the protective one of the bunch. She’s always there for you, but can be crazy as well. She loves to party, and with her short red hair, guys are always in her reach. Isabel is the next in line. Shoulder length dark blonde hair, green eyes and killer curves are her trademarks. She studies psychology and is the mellow one – the peacemaker. God forbid she should make a decision without hearing both sides of the story first – nah, just kidding!
Jo is the tiniest in our group, yet she has the biggest temper. She has dark auburn hair and green eyes. Jo is the cleverest one of the bunch, studying chemistry on a very high level, though she has no idea what she wants to do with it, when she’s done studying. Jo is basically married to her long time boyfriend, Simon, and when looking at them you cannot help but laugh. Simon is the biggest guy I’ve ever seen, and with him being part Indian, he’s as dark as Jo is fair. They’re really an abnormal couple, but it works, and they’re very much in love – ugh!
Last, but not least, we have me. I’m the youngest, though I’m not acting like it, if I have to say so myself. I’m quite outgoing – though only with people I know very well. Place me in a room of strangers and you find a very quiet Ea, who blush way to easily in my opinion. I guess I’m quite naïve at times, but according to Mathilda it’s all due to my positive view on basically everything. I’d like to think that I’m warm and caring, but if I feel uncomfortable, I guess I can appear a bit cold an aloof. I love animals and children, having actually spent one year in Melbourne, Australia working as an au pair. I loved it and it was hard to say goodbye to the family when I had to leave. I’m the blond one of the group, having golden blond hair, with coloured blond highlights. My eyes are a weird blend; some find them to be grey, others green, though most, including myself, sees them as being blue.

Raising the last piece of pizza to my lips, I could faintly hear my phone ringing from the kitchen. Kill me now, I thought and made up my mind to let the machine get it. Seconds later Mathilda’s voice floated through the air:

“Ea, I know you’re home, but judging by the text messages I’ve received from you through out the day, I’m guessing you’re too tired to move. Anyway, Isabel and I have managed to get tickets to the Backstreet Boys concert here in the end of May. Jo said she would come if we all are going, and I know you wanna come, so you owe us badly!! Call me, bye”.

Guess my secret is out now. I admit it, I’ve been a huge BSB fan back in the days when I was younger, and it was cool to have every inch of your walls covered with posters of the 5 guys. However growing up the obsession disappeared, and though I admit to check up on them every now and again, I haven’t bought an album since “Black & Blue”. Still, my friends knew that I would love to see them in concert … Guess my wish came true after all … Really gotta love my friends!