- Text Size +
It was the day of the party and Nick had finally found what he was looking for. He had called a lot of people who had worked for the Backstreet Boys in the past and together they had tracked down what Nick had in mind. He was on his way to pick them up when his phone rang. He looked down at the caller ID and flipped the phone open.

“Hey J, what’s up?” Nick asked.

“Hey man, not much. Listen, remember Alli, Beth, and Jennifer? Well they called and they wanted to go out with us tonight.”

“No” Nick stated. He had worked really hard getting the outfits for the night. Not to mention that he really wanted to see those girls again. He could already tell that there weren’t like Alli, Beth, and Jennifer; Mary and Kim were fun and sexy in a completely unpretentious way.

“DUDE! Really, are you still hung up about that house party? You are going to pass up THREE smoking hot women for jungle juice and some chicks from the grocery store?”

Nick laughed; he saw AJ’s point but wasn’t going to change his plans; those girls would definitely be ready and willing to do anything at any point with them.

“Sorry, we have plans. And by the way, I’ll be over your house tonight at like 8 to bring you what your wearing.”

“You must be fucking kidding me.”

“Oh AJ, if only I was. Have some faith in me man! On a scale from one to ten of embarrassment, this will be like a good 6 or 7.”

“But THREE gorgeous woman---“

“You owe me, are you not remembering the Jessica incident of ‘99”

“No, but—“

“OR! The Katie episode of ‘03”

“Well, that was different, she—“

“Or better yet, Candy and Mandy, the blonde twins fiasco of ’05, I know I’m missing some of them too. But the point of this story is, you owe me one, well really about 4257, but who’s counting.”

AJ sighed into the phone. He knew Nick had gotten him out of trouble many times in their friendship. As much as he wasn’t looking forward to tonight, he would go and try not to make a huge deal about how lame it was bound to be. Plus, after a few drinks, it would be fine anyways.

“I’ll see you later, just so you know I am absolutely not the DD tonight.”

“Fine, we’ll make Brian do it. Bye” Nick said before hanging up the phone. He pulled into the parking lot of storage center. He was meeting Clara, a wardrobe manager, there to pick up some clothes. He spotted her and pulled his car up to her; turned it off and hopped out.

“Hey Clara” Nick said giving her a hug.

“Hey yourself! How have you been?! It’s been too long!” she responded with a big smile.

“I’ve been absolutely awesome. It’s so good to see you, how’s it working for people that aren’t us?”

“RE-motherfucking-LAXING I tell you! I think you give boys aged me a good 20 years!” Clara joked. She was in her late 30’s but could easily pass for a girl in her 20s. She
was a spitfire, always kept the boys on their toes and played her fair share of tricks on them. Let’s just say it involved pink satin track suits.

“Bullshit, you’ve missed me” Nick joked.

“Yes, almost as much as you miss your Chlamydia”

“Funny funny, now unlock this storage container and make me look hot once again.”

“Please Carter, it will take a lot more than 8 year old clothing to make you look good. Do you have a paper bag maybe? I can cut out some holes so you can see and
bedazzle is with some sequins and feathers if you want. That’s about the best I can do for you now” Clara said opening the locker.

“You are just full of jokes today aren’t you?” Nick asked.

Clara walked to the third rack and picked three suits off the rack. She had always kept meticulous records and knew where EVERY single one of the boys outfits were.

“Here you are sir. Three fabulously Millennium suits, now usually I would ask was what these are for, but I have to go help some people whose payroll I am still on.” Clara
said handing Nick the plastic covered clothes. “It was great seeing you!”

“It was great seeing you too! I’ll call you later in the week so I can give these back to you” Nick said giving his friend a hug goodbye. “Thanks for this favor, I’ll tell you how tonight turns out”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“KIMBERLY CALLAHAN, GET THAT BEAUTIFUL ASS OF YOURS OUT OF BED AND HELP US!” Lila called up the stairs. It was the morning of the party and Mary and Laila were already setting up for the party.

When these girls had a party they went ALL out no matter what. The parties had started in college and got increasingly more intricate and random. They started with common ones: 80’s, toga, black light, Hawaiian, etc, but moved on to some strange themes. There was a naughty librarian party, desperate housewife/handy man, Nickelodeon shows, Willy Wonka, and a Board Game party ( people had to dress up as their favorite board game character, needless to say there was a big fight over who got to be Princess Lolly and Queen Frostine, no one wanted to be Gramma Nut). Back in Boston a big crowd always showed up, the girls had an amazing sound system and everyone had an amazing time. They had only been in Florida for a couple of years and as they got older it was harder to convince people to come. The girls held onto their youth but at the same time their parties got a little more mature. Keystone Light was replaced by beer that was more than $20 a case, their wine no longer came from a box and cheap vodka was no longer an option.

Not everything was mature though; the girls INSISTED upon keeping the beer pong table, no matter what, that game never got old to them and their table held too many memories for them to get rid of it.

Kim rolled over in her bed, covered her head with a pillow and groaned loudly. As much as she loved planning and putting everything together for the party she LOVED her sleep more. She worked so hard each week at work that when the weekend came she slept most of her day away. Reluctantly she got out of bed and headed downstairs to see what her friends were up to.

“What the hell are you two doing?” Kim asked. Mary and Lila were sitting on the ground with three incredibly large stacks of magazines between them. There were pictures torn out and there were roles of tapes scattered across the floor.

“So this morning while you were sleeping away this beautiful day, WE went to the Salvation Army and found GOLD!” Lila said holding up a magazine. “We got all of these magazines for like $5. They are all TeenBeats, TigerBeats, J14’s and such from 1998-2003. ALL of the posters are still in there so we are thinking of putting them all up in the basement.”

The girls had just finished redoing their basement. They had a full bar, pool table and lounge area down there, it was perfect for entertaining and or just hanging out. There was also a door that led out to their pool deck and large backyard. The girls had spent quite a lot of money on the house and loved every inch of the property.
Kim laughed and grabbed a magazine. She sat on the floor and started flipping through it, inside was a huge foldout picture of Nick Carter. She carefully removed the four page poster and unfolded it.

“OH MY GOD” Kim said in a teenybopper voice “ITS NICK CARTER. LIKE, DO YOU TOTALLY THINK THAT HE’LL LIKE, ACTUALLY SHOW UP TONIGHT?!?! Like for realz, I mean, he totally will, right? He’s sooooooooo dreamy, I just love the way his blue eyes sparkle and his smile lights up room. Let’s just hang up this one right here”
Kim grabbed some tape and hung the picture on the door to the basement. Over the past few days she had come to the realization that there wasn’t a snowballs chance in hell that Nick Carter was going to show up to her house. To her party. TO HER THEMED party none the less. At least she would have a good story to tell her friends tonight, of course she and Mary would reenact it, with some exaggeration, no one would expect anything less.

“Kimber, you know there’s a chance he will show up, he has our information and he seemed kinda into it. You are going to be thoroughly embarrassed when that picture is hanging up when he gets here.” Mary said to her.

Mary’s glass was always half full, she was an eternal optimist and it was one of the reason’s Kim loved her so much. There were many times where Kim was jealous of Mary, she had followed her dream to become a school teacher, Kim followed her dream of a large paycheck. Accounting was never a passion of hers, it was just a sure way of a very nice payoff. Work often ran her down, corporate America was not her calling at all.

“OK Mare,” Kim said giving her friend a smile. “What’s up next for us to do?”

“Well, we voted, and you get to go get the booze.” Lila said.

“Ugh, at least let me shower first please” Kim said getting off the couch and heading back upstairs.

“You get 10 minutes tops miss, and we are TIMING YOU, GOOOOO” Mary exclaimed.

“Give me 30 or I’m buying you Rubinoff.” Kim said.

“DONE!” Both girls exclaimed at the same time.

Kim laughed as she walked into the master suite. She paid the most and got the biggest room, it was the best thing about her job, everything in her room was top of the line
and completely hers. Her bathroom was her favorite part of the house, it was humungous with a giant Jacuzzi tub and a big shower with 2 shower heads. Mary and Lila constantly teased her about the water bill, she had a tendency to take showers that lasted hours. It was the best place for her to do her thinking; and the only place she knew she could get time to herself.

Today was a different story, she showered fairly quickly, threw on jeans and her old college sweatshirt and headed to the liquor store. She was planning on getting completely shitfaced tonight, it had been awhile and although she couldn’t drink like she could in college, she could definitely hold her own. She walked down the aisles of the store and grabbed as many bottles as she could. It took her three trips to her car but she managed to get everything back to her car. She was getting very excited for tonight, her outfit had been perfected the night before when she had finally found some butterfly clips and adidas sneakers.

By the time she got home and got the car unloaded, the basement had been wallpapered with teenage celebrities from their middle school/ high school years. The faces of the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, OTown and others smiled down at her as she walked by. She was a little creeped out by it, it was like a time warp, this was Lila’s bedroom circa 1999. She recognized some of the same pictures that once hung above Lila’s desk. She quickly put the liquor away and headed back upstairs. It was almost 5 now and she had to start getting ready for the party. Guests weren’t going to start arriving until 9 but Kim had big plans for her hair and outfit. It was going to be a VERY fun night.
Chapter End Notes:
once again, reviews are allllways appreciated.