- Text Size +

Across town, in the dead of night, the screeching sound of tires dragging across a slick, rain-covered street pierced the ears of silence that lingered around the sleeping city.
The buildings stood still, watching the events unfold. Not a soul around could see what was coming. There was no one around. There were no souls.
Out of anger, the man driving the only car on the street took the turn in front of him at a high speed. The car fishtailed. Within a split second, it was sliding down the empty road.
There was no time to react. He slammed on the breaks and turned the wheel, hoping to regain control. Yelling and screaming, he fought desperately to stop the car from its out-of-control spin down the lonesome street. The girl next to him sat screaming in fear, tears pouring down her face, begging him to stop the car; pleading him to gain control.
The roads were as slick as ice, and the tires beneath the car had no chance of gaining traction. The rain fall increased, the thunder crashed, and as the lightening struck, their worlds changed forever.
Suddenly they weren't the only car the street.
The man and woman in the car continued to slide uncontrollably until they reached an intersection. Then, the sound of the tires screeching doubled as metal on metal echoed across the town.
The screeching stopped.
There was silence.

"Are you ok?"