- Text Size +
"So what are we gonna do, I mean we can't seriously tell AJ, that this could be his baby. I mean then he is gonna like think he has property rights or soemthing." Nick said frustrated.

"NICK!!! We have to tell him, it is just as much of a chance that it is his as it is your's. Plus, I can't imagine keeping something like that from him. I mean he was really there for me when I lost our baby, and you weren't I can not keep this a secret. I mean really how long do you think it will be before I am showing and it is obvisous that I am pregnanat? How long do you think it will take form him to realize that I am due exactly nine months from the time that I had sex with him?"



"Dammit Dess, I just got you back. It has been only like a month. I can't go through this. I can't be in a constant battle with AJ over you." Nick said putting his face into his hands."

"So, what you are going to break up with me again?" I ask starting to get upset. "I mean you do realize that I choose you over AJ right? YOu do realize that I want you to be this childs daddy right?"

"No, I don't want to break up, I am just scared that if that child is not mine that you will leave me for AJ."

"Nick, I have made my choice I want to be with you, and a baby is not going to make me change my mind. If AJ is the father, he will be involved in his life, but you will be too. It will have two daddy's if AJ is the father and one if you are. I don't plan on going anywhere unless you don't want me anymore."

"No, I want you" he sat there for a minute and then looked up at me "So when are you gonna tell AJ?"

"I guess I should get it done quickly, I mean I don't want to put it off and cause myself to stress out over it. It isn't healthy for the baby."

"OK, well, I have plans with Brain to play ball today, so you can go over then and talk to AJ."



"OK"




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later I walk up to AJ's door and knock. After a few minutes he came to the door in nothing but a towel. "WOW, Dess, babe what cha doing here?"


"I kindof need to talk to you." I anwser but I realize he isn't alone, "But don't worry I can come back, I didn't mean to interupt you."

"No, no, come in. I will get her out. I just meet her at a clup last night, You know how that goes" he wriggled his eyes at me.

I nodded yeah and sat down on the couch. This was going to be hard to say. AJ and I were finally getting close again. We were finally able to talk like friends again, and now this is going to change it all. God I hope he doesn't freak out.

A few minutes later AJ walked back down and escorted a red headed girl out of his house. He looked over at me and raised his eyebrows like he could tell that something was worng.

"Is everthing ok? What is wrong? What did Nick do?" he started questioning.

"Nick hasn't done anything. Well, he has, but he isn't the only one."

"HUH?" he asked confused.

"I think maybe it would be a good idea if you sit down while I tell you this, because I promise you it is going to be quite a shock." I tell him as he moves to the chair across from me.

"OK, what is it. You are really freaking me out."



"AJ, umm....God this is hard" I say as I put my head in my hand.

"Come on Dess, spit it out, it can't be that bad."

"Oh, yeah, what if I told you that I was pregnant again and I am not sure if it is yours of Nicks?" I spit out and look at him. His mouth is gaping open and he doesn't say a word.

"What would you think of that?"

He looked down at the coffee table and then looked back up at me. "Your pregnant?"

I nodded my head yes.

"Well, isn't that some shit." he replied still staring at the coffee table.

"Well say something else AJ. get mad or happy or cry or scream, but please say something."

"Holy SHIT!!! I might be a daddy" he spat out. "When are you gonna know who the daddy is?"

"When I diliver."

"So, you mean both Nick and I are gonna be thinking that this is our kid and one of us is going to get a huge let down? Does Nick even know yet?"

"Yeah, he knows, and he is a little freaked too, but he is doing much better than last time."

"Well, Dess, I know how upset you were last time when Nick freaked out on you, so I am not going to do that, I don't want you losing the baby, but please know that I am very, very confused by all of this and I may need a few days to process it all."



"I understand. I just thought you had as much right to know that you may become a daddy here very soon as much as Nick did."

"Well thanks for telling me, because I promise if you wouldn't have told me and this kid ends up being mine, you would have one very pised off Alex on your hands. I rather go throught the whole process and end up being Uncle AJ, then to miss the whole process and be daddy."

"Well, I am gonna go, I need to find a doctor here really soon. I want to make sure that everything is ok, given my pervious miscarriage." I stood up and walked toward the door.

"Dess wait." AJ walked up and wrapped his arm around me. "Dess, I would be honored to be the father of this child. I want you to know that. If it is mine, I want it. I will be here 100% for you."

"Thanks J. I knew you would."