- Text Size +
MEANWHILE BACK AT THE HOTEL


NICKS BRAIN


I can’t believe my freaking girlfriend is fucking pregnant. I can believe she is refusing to get an abortion. What is she trying to do? Ruin my life!!! Nick passed back and forth all night thinking about Dessie. He thought about calling the hospital to check on her, but he didn’t want her to know that he was worried. He was so mad at her. All she was thinking about is herself. What about what he needed?


AJ’S BRAIN


How could Nick do this to Dessie. She seemed like such a great girl. He would give anything to have a girl like her. That is one of the reason’s he invited her to stay with him. He wanted to get close to her. Maybe she would see something in him, that she wanted to see in Nick. He laid down in bed and feel asleep thinking how beautiful she was.


HOTEL


Nick couldn’t sleep. He got out of bed and walked down to the lounge. He walked up to the bar and ordered a drink.


“Double Jack and coke, please?” he asked.


“OK…one sec.” the bartender said.


“Hey, aren’t you Nick Carter.” A girl sitting down the bar asked.


“Yup…that’s me” he replied not really paying attention.


“Wow. I like love you!” she said moving towards him.


“Really …” he replied trying to act like he cared.


“You are like my dream guy.”


“Well, let me buy you a drink”


“Ok.” She answered sitting down next to him.


They got there drinks and started talking. Nick was totally uninterested, but he needed something to take his mind off of Dessie. After multiple rounds Nick found himself bringing the girl to his room. He was so drunk and so was the girl. He was sloppily kissing her and being extremely inappropriate. He finally got the door opened and into the room. He immediately started taking the girls clothes off. Forget romance… he just wanted to fuck her. It was over quick and he asked the girl to leave.


“That is it” she said. “You don’t want my number?”


“No, that’s alright. Nice meeting you though”


“You are a fucking asshole.” She screamed.


“Join the club…” he replied coldly.


AT THE SAME TIME


AJ wakes up at the commotion going on in the next room. He gets out of bed and goes to knock on Nicks door.


“What is he doing up so late” he wondered.


Suddenly the door slung open and a girl ran out. AJ moved out of her way and looked in at Nick lying in the bed.


“Nick man, please tell me that you did not just fuck that girl.” He said getting kind of mad.


“Yeah, I did…why do you fucking care?”


“DUDE!! Dessie is in the hospital. She lost the baby, just like you wanted. And now here you are fucking some dumb ass chick while she is in the hospital mourning and all alone.”


He sat up in the bed. “She lost it?” he suddenly felt very guilty for wishing it on her.


“Yeah, she lost it. She has to have surgery tomorrow so that they can take the baby out.”


“How do you know this?”


“Because I cared enough to go to the hospital and see her. She is really messed up man. She wishes now that she had never told you. The doctor said the stress on her body caused her to pass out, which in turn caused her to lose the baby. You caused the stress.”


“OH…. I didn’t”


“Save it Nick…. You fucked up. She is done with you” AJ said as he turned to leave.


“Are you going to tell her about the girl?”


“Why does it matter? It would only hurt her more.” AJ shut the door behind him.


How could he be such a dick? How could Nick just be so careless with other people’s lives? Sometimes he really didn’t get it.


NICKS BRAIN


She lost the baby. That is what he wanted, but why does he feel so shitty about it? Why does he want to cry? Why does he want to run to the hospital and tell her how sorry he is? Why would she care what he feels now? The guilt of this was going to eat away at him. He lay in bed wondering if there was anything he could do that would make it better. He knew that there wasn’t. He had really fucked up.


THE NEXT MORNING


AJ arrived at the hospital at seven to make sure he was there before I went to surgery.


“Thanks for coming Jay. I really appreciate it.” I say with my eyes still welling with tears.


“No problem, I couldn’t let you go at it alone. How long will you have to stay afterwards?”


“No long, just a few hours in recovery.”


“I will wait then and make sure you get to the room safely. By the way, I moved you into my room. It is a suite and has to rooms. That way I can help if you need it”


“Thanks AJ… I really appreciate everything you are doing.” I look off for a minute and then ask “How is Nick? Does he know the baby died?”


“Yeah, he knows. It seemed like he felt a little guilty about it all. I know he got really fucked up last night. I seen him comes back from the lounge really late.”


“Was a girl with him?”


“Why would you ask that?”


“I don’t know. I just want to know if he is even in pain over this or if he has already moved on?”


“I don’t know if there was a girl with him. I only seen him for a second” he lied.


“Oh, ok” I can’t help but want him there. Even though I know he is the reason my baby died. I really felt like I was falling in love with him.


“Stop worrying about Nick, You need to concentrate on getting better.” He said as he leaned over and kissed me on my check. “You need to get better.”


A few minutes later a nurse came in and took me to surgery. The surgery lasted about an hour and a half. I came out of surgery very groggy and sure enough AJ was sitting right there waiting on me.


“Hey beautiful,” he said “how do you feel.”


“My mouth is so dry.” I reply.


“Yeah, the antithesia does that to you. Are you in any pain though?”


“NO! I feel fine other than that.”


A doctor walked in and started to talk. “Hello, I am Dr. Sanchez and I performed your D&C. I wanted to let you know that everything went fine and you should have a complete recovery. You should be able to try getting pregnant again as soon as you like.” He said and then looked at AJ, “Were you the father?”


“UMMM…no! I am just a close friend.” He replied.


“Ok well Miss Mizell you should be able to leave in just a few hours. We have to make sure you don’t get any internal bleeding.”


“How bad is the scar going to be?” I ask.


“Not bad at all. We went in through your belly button and made two other really small incisions. You shouldn’t have any scar at all.”


I smile slightly relived that I wont have some horrendous scar. “Thank you very much”


“My pleasure.” He turned and walked out.


“So, you can still have babies. That is a good thing right?”


“Yeah, It is. I don’t know if I want to get pregnant again though. I mean it didn’t exactly go the way I expected this time.”


“But you can’t think that every guy is going to react the way that Nick did.”


“I didn’t think Nick was going to act that way” I replied sadly.


“I know. I would have never guessed that he would act that way. It is way out of his character. I always thought he couldn’t wait to have kids.”


“I guess he could.” I look away as I try to fight tears again. Why was the fact that he didn’t care bothering me so much. Any other time I wouldn’t care. I would be over the fact that he didn’t want it. Him not wanting it hurts more than me losing it.


I feel asleep and woke up with AJ packing all of my things. “Hello, sunshine. The doctor said you could go. I signed your discharge papers for you. When can go whenever you are ready.”


“I am so ready.” I reply sitting up. I stand up slowly expecting pain, but shockingly there was none. I was still put in a wheelchair to leave the hospital. AJ had the limo waiting for us. The ride back to the hotel was silent. Neither of us spoke. I was worried about running into Nick. I wondered if AJ had even told Nick that I was going to stay with him. We got to the hotel and AJ carried all of my things and brought me straight to the room without stopping anywhere.


“Why don’t you lie down and rest, and I will go get us some food. You hungry?”


“I am starved. I haven’t eaten since before I went to the hospital. You know with having surgery and all.”


“Yeah, I bet.”


AJ turned and walked out of the room. I lay down to try and rest like he said.


NICK AND AJ


AJ was walking down the hall when he heard his name called. “What’s up” he asked as he turned to see Nick.


“How is she?” Nick asked.


“Who?” AJ was playing dumb.


“Dessie, how is she?”


“Why don’t you ask her yourself?”


“What do you mean, she is here?”


“Nick she had surgery today, do you think she is here?


“Oh, yeah good point….So how did surgery go?”


“She is fine Nick… you should really be talking to her though.”


“I don’t have anything to say to her. I just wanted to make sure that she was OK.” He said. He didn’t want them to know how much he actually did care. And how upset he was for making her so unhappy that she lost her baby….his baby. Guilt was really getting to him…. He couldn’t let anyone now that…….