- Text Size +
I was lying in the bed when AJ came back with food. How is it that he seems to always find a McDonalds in whatever country he is in? I smile when he walked over to me with a cheesy grin on his face. I could tell he was excited about his food.


“Hungry?” I ask smiling back.


“Always!” he replied. He handed me my food and then pulled his out of the bag. He got a semi-serious look on his face. “I talked to Nick earlier.”


I looked up surprised, “What did he say?”


“He asked how you were doing. I told him to ask himself.”


“What did he say about that?”


AJ hesitated a little and then said, “He said he didn’t have anything to say to you. He said he was just making sure you made it through surgery ok.”


I just nodded my head and pushed the tears back. How could he not have anything to say to me? How can he not care that I just lost our child? How could he care so little about me?


“Don’t worry about Nick, Dessie. He will either come around eventually or he doesn’t deserve you.” AJ said as he reached to hold my hand.


“I don’t want him back. I don’t know that I could ever forgive him. I just really thought he would care enough to be sorry that I lost the baby. I mean he knew that I wanted to keep it.” I reply shaking my head. “I just don’t get it.”


“Well, I don’t get it either, but I know one thing.” he said looking straight in my eyes “I will be here for you. No matter what, I will stick by your side. Nick is in the wrong here and he knows it.”


Tears roll down my checks and I wipe them away. “Thank you AJ. You really are nothing like I thought you would be. Nothing at all.”


“Like I said before, AJ is an act. I am ALEX!”


“Well, I like ALEX!”


NICKS BRAIN


Nick looked down at his watch for the fifth time in an hour. HE was contemplating going to the hospital to see Dessie. He doubted she would want to see him though. After all AJ did say that she didn’t want anything to do with him.


What was up with them? Why was AJ so interested in Dessie? She wasn’t his type. Maybe she likes him. She did say that AJ was her favorite Boy. AJ better keep his fucking hands off of her.


He got up out of the bed and started out the door. He wasn’t sure where he was going, but he had to get out of his room.


AJ and DESSIE


“I am going to go get some ice.” I say standing up.


“I will go get it.” Offered AJ.


“No, I will do it. The doctor said I needed to walk around as much as possible to keep from getting to sore.”


“OK.”


I walk out of the door and as soon as I shut it I look up and there is Nick. He is staring at me with this face full of anger. I start to turn and walk away, but he grabs my arm.


“What the hell are you doing in AJ’s room? I thought you were in the hospital!” he was yelling at me.


I jerk my arm away and turn to walk away. I had no intentions of talking to him. He just followed me down the hall.


“Dessie, fucking answer me!”


I turn around and say, “AJ gives me what you were incapable of.” I immediately regretted it.


“What the fuck does that mean. Are you fucking him too?”


“Yeah, Nick. I just got out of the hospital two hours ago. I just lost OUR baby! But yeah, I am fucking AJ.”


Nick just stared at me for a minute. I could tell he wanted to say something. He looked kind of sad.


“Is there anything else I can help you with Nick?”


“Yeah, there is….leave. Get the hell away from me and my friends.” He said with a cold and empty look on his face.


Tears well up in my eyes and I say “You hate me so much that you are totally going to forget the fact that I meant something to you only a few days ago. I really thought I was falling in love with you. I can’t believe I was so wrong about you.”


He looked back and started to speak but I cut him off. “Don’t start. I am done talking to you. And don’t worry; I will be gone in a few days. But as far as the stay away from your friends…. I can’t make any promises.”


I turn and continue to walk down the hall. As soon as Nick was out of sight I totally broke down sobbing. It really was over. He really didn’t give a fuck about me. He didn’t want anything to do with me. He hated me so much that he didn’t even want me around his friends.


I tried to calm myself down before returning to my room. However, AJ knew immediately that something was wrong.


“What is wrong? Are you OK” he asked jumping up to help me.


I totally break down again. “He hates me AJ!”


“Who hates you? What are you talking about?”


“Nick! How can he be so hateful.”


“What the hell did he do to you?” he asked as his face reddened.


“He….He….” I just couldn’t finish. “I just want to be alone.” I turn and walk into my room and shut the door. I lie down on the bed and cry myself to sleep.


MEANWHILE


AJ storms out of the room and bangs on Nick’s door. Nick opens it and just stares with a blank look on his face. His arms are crossed over his chest.


“What do you want AJ?”


“What the hell did you do to her?” he asked clinching his fist.


“What are you talking about? I haven’t done anything.” he replied still just standing there.


“Oh yeah. Then why the hell is she hysterical?”


“Hell if I know.” he shrugged “But hey I got a question for you. Why the hell do you care so much? What are you doing? I bet you are fucking her already huh? I mean, I know she is easy. She slept with me the first day I met……”



AJ punched Nick right in the face. Nick fell to the ground and jumped back up. “What the fuck? Why did you fucking punch me?” he said ready to fight back.


“You say anything like that about her again, and I swear Nick it will be a lot worse next time. I can’t believe you are acting like this. Do you realize how much she is hurting right now? Do you really think that I would sleep with her in the state of mind that she is in?”


“It never stopped you before.”


“This is different. I feel so bad for her. She is a sweet girl and she is going through a lot right now. YOU should be by her side. I mean after all she is your girlfriend. And she did just lose your baby.”


First off, she isn’t my girlfriend. She never was. We were only trying to get to know each other….and obviously it didn’t work. And second, I didn’t want that baby. I feel bad that she lost it the way she did, but I did not want to be a father.”


“She wasn’t going to make you be the father. She simply thought that you had the right to know that you were going to be a dad, and give you the chance to be one if you wanted. She was never going to try and make you.”


“Yeah, well she would have probably tried to rob me blind in child support.”


“That is what you think? Man you and I must be looking at two different girls, because I just don’t see her doing that.”


“Yeah, well you don’t know that, and neither do I.”


“Man Nick, I just never thought you would be that guy.”


“What guy?”


“The guy who leaves the pregnant girl out to dry?”


“Well you guessed wrong. I don’t even know if that was my baby. Why was I just supposed to take her word?”


“Because you were supposed to care about her. You could’ve always gotten a paternity test once the baby was born.”


“Whatever, man. I am done with this. Is there anything else?”


“Yeah, I thought you may want to know. Dess is coming home with me at the end of the week. She is going to stay at my house. I figured I would tell you before you found out from someone else.”


“You really are trying to get her aren’t you?” Nick said with anger boiling in him.


“You bet” AJ grinned and turned and walked away.


Nick was furious. He fucking fucked Dessie he would beat the shit out of him. He didn’t know if he wanted her back, but he did know that he did not want AJ to have her. He slammed the door shut. He paced back and forth for a few minutes and decided to go get a drink.


Once he was in the lounge he found himself drinking himself into a drunken stupper. He down shots of tequila back after back. And just as the night before, he brought another girl back up to his room.


I heard the noise in the hall way and looked out. Nick was passing by with a dark headed girl. He looked right at me and just smiled. Almost like he didn’t recognize me. He pushed the girl up against the wall and was literally undressing her in the hall way. I couldn’t hold my tongue any longer. I walked out into the hall and said “Excuse me Miss!”


The girl pulled away from Nick and look toward me.


“I just figured that I would tell you to make sure and use protection. Because if that asshole gets you pregnant, he will either make you get an abortion, or he will stress you out some much that you lose the baby.”


The girl’s mouth fell open and she pulled her shirt back closed. “Why do you say that?” she asked concerned.


“Because that is what he did to me.” I said bluntly.


“Don’t listen to her,” Nick said as he tried kissing her again. “Plus, I have plenty of protection.”


“No, that’s alright, I will do without.” The girl turned and walked away.


“What the hell Dessie!” Nick screamed at me. “Why did you do that?”


“Excuse me if I can’t just sit back and watch you fuck with someone else’s emotions. That girl was probably wrapped up in the same dream land you had me in. The difference is I now know better.”


“Dreamland? I had you in a dream land? Please, I really did care about you! You were all I thought about after we met. You are still all I think about!” he was screaming at me now.


“Really!? I am all you think about? What do you do, sit there and figure out more ways to hurt me?” I said shaking my head. My eyes full of tears.


“Why the hell did you have to get fucking pregnant?”


“I didn’t plan it Nick! It wasn’t just me! You had part of it too! Why couldn’t you just accept it?”


“Because I was nowhere near ready to be a father.”


“I wasn’t ready to be a mother either, but that baby was put there for a reason, I could never have an abortion, ever!”


“Well apparently it wasn’t meant to be. I mean it did die after all” he said in a cold voice.


I look up at him and say “You’re right it did die, and you killed it. I will never forgive you Nick. Never!!”


“I don’t want you forgiveness.” He turned and walked away. He really did just want to tell her how sorry he was. And beg for her forgiveness, but she had just said plain as day that it would never happen.


I go back into my room and sit on the couch just staring at the wall. How could things change so quickly? A few days ago, I was happy. With what I thought was a great new guy in my life. Things were looking up. Not anymore.