- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading! Review if you please! :)

 

 

A smile spread across his face as he dropped another kiss at the base of her neck, letting his lips guide him downward, along each vertebra, his tongue lightly grazing her sweat dampened skin.

He let his lips trail down over her hip, his hands helping the cause by rolling her over. He spread her legs wide, exposing her to him. Her hips rolled out of instinct, as if begging him to be inside of her.

The room was engulfed in complete silence, only the sounds of lips and tongues, and sweaty skin-on-skin could be heard. Her knees drew up and he pulled her to him, feeling her grip his ribcage with her legs before watching himself slip easily inside of her. It was one of the most erotic things he’d ever seen; he had never had this view before.

He picked up the pace, pounding into her; the sound of his balls hitting her ass took over the room.

She moaned arching her back and biting her lip, “Daddy,” she called to him.

He was confused, but didn’t slow down. What did she call him?

“Daddy,” she said again, her body writhing underneath of him but this time she sounded less like herself and more like...

“Daddy!” Olivia’s voice finally penetrated through his sleep and Nick’s eyes bolted open with a flash.

“I’m up! I’m up!” he mumbled, trying to get his bearings.

“Certainly seems that way,” Holly’s suddenly entered the room and he managed to look up at her quizzically.

“What?” he asked.

“Good dream?” she fired back at him and he continued to look at her funny.

Holly laughed sarcastically then motioned downward and as Nick’s eyes followed the path he suddenly noticed the huge tent in the sheets that had been created by his brain’s recollection of the previous afternoon. It had been happening a lot since his little trysts with Alaina had begun. It seemed like every night he would dream of the kinky, erotic, things they’d done that day, and he would keep thinking about them until he was able to either re-create or one up the situation.

“Fuck,” he muttered, ignoring Olivia’s disapproval of his choice of words. He sat up in bed to try and take the focus away from his apparent erection; not exactly wanting to show it off to his four-year-old daughter.

“Well, was it?” Holly queried, one hand on hip, the other holding a mug of coffee.

“Was what-what?” Nick replied, still drowsy. He pushed his blonde hair out of his face, knowing that it was all over the place from rolling his head on the pillow.

“I asked if it was a good dream,” she said again, setting the mug down on the nightstand for him.

Since when did she make him coffee? Did she even know what he took in it? Shaking his head he got back to the question he was asked, “I don’t remember it,” he lied.

“Really...” Holly said, and he could feel the scepticism in her voice, “You were moaning.”

“Then I guess you didn’t really have to ask if it was a good dream, did you?” he shrugged, reaching for the cup of coffee.

“I came to tell you we’re going for a swim... you might want to take care of that before you join us,” Holly said frostily, and Nick wondered why on earth she would be pissed off about him having an erection, for all she knew he’d had a dream about her.

“The dream was about you,” he threw out.

“I thought you said you didn’t remember it?” she reminded him.

“Who else would it be about?” he asked, watching as she got Olivia’s toys together in a bag.

“You tell me,” Holly shrugged, slinging the bag over her shoulder. She took Olivia by the hand and led her out the patio doors.

“Bye Daddy!” Olivia called over, waving her little hand at him as she followed her mother’s lead.

As soon as they were gone Nick let out a huge breath and threw himself back against the pillows. He ran his hands through his hair, almost having forgotten that it was the weekend and they were at the beach. They would be there for a few extra days because Holly had taken a long weekend.

It was strange for her to take any time off except for stat holidays, but lately she had been keen on going out to the beach and taking an extra day here and there, he thought it was a little strange but didn’t want to look to far into it. If he let himself do that he might start to think she suspected something about his little affair. She had no reason to suspect after all, except for the fact that the last time he’d had explicit sexual dreams like this, and woke up as worked up as he was now, was when he and Holly were dating... back when having sex with her was a normal thing. Even then the dreams were never as vivid, never as erotic. He knew that was because he’d never done half of the things he’d been doing with Alaina, and they wouldn’t leave his mind from day to day. He didn’t think they’d used the same position more than once. That wasn’t something that happened to him; he wasn’t the guy who got to use the kama sutra as a play book... until now.

After the first afternoon at Alaina’s things had only escalated from there. Every afternoon they put the kids down for a nap then screwed each other’s brains out in her study. There wasn’t a surface in the room that they hadn’t violated. Nick felt like he was 19 years old again; full of energy, and a love for life.

It wasn’t as if he didn’t love life now, by any means, but he didn’t have the same jaded look on the world as he did when he was younger. He spent years being pessimistic that now that there was a little optimism in his world it felt completely unusual, and new.

Nick felt himself drifting back to sleep and forced himself to swing his legs over the side of the bed and take a sip of the now room temperature coffee that awaited him on the nightstand. Another thing that had been changing in his life was his need for sleep. It had been a long time since he’d actually been able to sleep in but now that he was exhausting himself physically on a nearly daily basis he’d found it harder and harder to wake himself up. He was normally up and active well before seven but checking the clock he saw that it was well after nine.

With a yawn he pulled himself to his feet, stretching his arms above his head. The remnant of his dream was still apparent as he lumbered over to the bathroom so he could complete his morning rituals and slip on his swim trunks that were hanging over the towel rack; to dry.

He shuffled back out of the bathroom, now dressed to go join wife and child for a swim. He quickly chugged back the last few mouthfuls of his now cold coffee and followed the path they had taken not long ago out the patio door.

If anything was going to get rid of what was left of his hard on it was going to be the cold waters of Lake Ontario that were spread out before him. The beach was surprisingly quiet for a sunny Sunday despite the fact that people filled the rows of beach houses that lined the shore every weekend during the summer and well into the fall.

The sand stung against the bottoms of his bare feet and he squinted against the blazing sun as he headed down towards the water.

Should’ve grabbed my sunglasses, he thought to himself, should have brought a hat, he added, torn between heading back to the house and keeping on his path.

A pair of arms wrapping tightly around his waist was the deciding factor. Olivia’s face was pressed into his pelvis and she stood atop his feet as he continued to walk down towards the lake.

“Carry me high up, Daddy,” Olivia requested once Nick had finally stopped walking, both of their feet settling into the wet sand.

Nick nodded and wordlessly scooped her up, dropping a kiss to her cheek before hoisting her up onto his shoulders.

“Look how tall I am, Mommy!” the little girl called out with a giggle, waving to her mother who was now only a few feet away from them.

Nick turned towards Holly, donned in her usual one piece bathing suit, the high cut bottom showing off her lean legs. He still found himself undeniably attracted towards her; long brown hair, pretty eyes, great body, and the whole package. It was as if Alaina’s theory about porn was correct, except she represented the porn. He was experiencing the crazy, risqué portion of sex that he never got during college, or his young adult years (not that he wasn’t still a young adult by any means) and now he was horny all the time and spent every night lying next to a woman he once thought was the only person who would ever want him. Fooling around with Alaina was supposed to satiate him; instead it was making it worse. He was getting greedy, wanting more than he was entitled to.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer,” Holly said sarcastically, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

“You can talk to me without being a b-word,” Nick said defensively, censoring himself for the sake of their daughter who was looking on with keen eyes and ears.

“I’m just confused,” she shrugged her slender shoulders, and Nick was surprised that she wasn’t trying to get into a fight with him, “You’ve been strange lately.”

“I’m always strange,” he chuckled and Olivia laughed along in agreement.

“No,” Holly corrected, her face breaking into a slight smile, “You’re always weird... now you’re strange.”

Nick sighed and looked back towards the water, “I don’t even know what you’re talking about but I really would rather not have this conversation right now.”

Holly disregarded his request, “What was with earlier?”

“What are you talking about?” he grunted, exasperated.

“Well,” she started, putting a hand to her chin in thought, “Either you’re starting a campground in our bedroom, or you got lost in a Viagra factory last night judging from the tent you were pitching this morning.”

Nick laughed, shaking his head, “Are you really criticising me because I had a hard on? I wake up with morning wood on a fairly regular basis, I know you haven’t noticed but it’s true.”

“I do notice, I’m not blind,” Holly crossed her arms across her chest; “I’ve never seen you get that into a dream before is all. This has been a few nights in a row now. You wake me up at night you’re moaning so loud. You’ve never done that before. I just want to know what’s going through your head.”

Nick was slightly panicked now and he could feel a blush rising into his cheeks. He hadn’t realized he was being so vocal during his dreams about Alaina. Now he was worried that he might say the other woman’s name, or give away some kind of clue that he was having an affair, “I’m horny,” he used as an excuse, “You can’t blame me for that. I was telling the truth when I said I was dreaming about you.”

“You’re full of shit,” Holly deadpanned and Nick’s breath caught in his throat as he waited for the hammer to fall, “You were dreaming about Paris Hilton or something,” she laughed and Nick let out a whoosh of breath, as if he’d just avoided being hit by a train.

“God no,” he laughed nervously, “I’d get dream herpes.”

“Wouldn’t want that,” Holly joked and finally let the subject drop so they could head into the water.

~*~

Nick panted heavily and wiped sweat from his brow, his muscles feeling the fatigue of all his hard work.

He thought a run might help release some of his frustrations, and he ran for miles until feeling like he might get through the rest of the day without any thoughts of sex.

As the small blue beach house came back into view Nick noticed a strangely familiar car sitting out in front on the dirt road and his brows furrowed.

“What the fuck...” he muttered, slowing to a walk as he took a moment to take a second glance at the car, making sure it was who he thought it was.

His eyes widened as he saw Alaina step out of the vehicle and give him a little wave. He jogged up towards her, taking her firmly by the arm, “What the fuck are you doing here?” he demanded, taking a quick look around to make sure there was no one watching them.

“I had to see you,” Alaina replied in a breathy voice, running her hand down his sweaty arm, “You should go for runs more often, you look sexy all sweaty.”

Nick pulled back and anxiously ran his hands through his hair, “Don’t do shit like that in public. What are you doing here? How do you even know where my place is?”

Alaina smiled nervously and brushed a piece of hair behind her ear, “Well... last weekend...”

“I knew I saw your car! I asked you if you followed me and you said I was crazy!” Nick snapped, shaking his head quickly. The previous weekend he had thought he’d seen Alaina’s familiar red Jetta parked down the street from his house, and again he thought he’d seen it behind them on their drive to the shore but when he’d asked her about it she denied it, making it seem as if he was delusional, and just plain paranoid that someone was going to find out about them.

“I’m sorry!” she gushed, “I was curious.”

“About what?” he snapped, “You know what, I don’t even want to know. Get back in your car and go home right now.”

“I’m sorry,” Alaina apologized again with her green eyes wide with shock over how Nick was reacting to her presence, “I just wanted to see you.”

Nick let out a huff, “Well you saw me. My wife and daughter are just down the beach and there’s no real way I can explain you being here, so now you need to go.”

“Alright, alright,” she surrendered, holding her hands up in defeat, “I’ll see you when you get back right?”

“Tuesday,” he confirmed, using his hand to push her down into the front seat of the car, “Never come here again,” he added before quickly walking away from the car and towards the house.

His heart was pounding in his chest and he didn’t dare look back to see if she had actually gone. Nick couldn’t believe Alaina would show up at his house like that – a house that she shouldn’t know the location of! He’d never brought her here, nor would he ever, so her showing up in this little cottage town was enough to make people wonder.

As he entered the house he couldn’t tell if he was sweating more because of the altercation outside, or because of all the exercise.

“Good run?” Holly’s voice nearly made him jump out of his skin and he whipped around to see her standing in the kitchen just off to his left.

“Yeah,” he nodded and swallowed the lump in his throat, “hot one out there today though.”

Holly smiled then walked the short distance toward him, “Go get cleaned up, we’ll have a late lunch,” she said in a near whisper before reaching up and pulling him towards her to press her lips to his.

“Okay,” Nick forced a smile and watched as Holly walked back into the kitchen, “Holy shit,” he muttered and made his way toward the bathroom, “Could my life get any weirder?” he questioned himself rhetorically tugging at the ends of his hair in frustration.

He wasn’t sure who was acting stranger; his wife or his lover, and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to find out.