- Text Size +
It has been only a week since Nick had been tagged in the prank war. It was the middle of January and they were in Detroit for a concert. Nicks head was practically spinning as they all prepared themselves for the show. Brian had a very uneasy feeling as he looked over at his best friend.
“What’s going on, Nick?” he finally asked.
“Nothing. Even if somethingWAS going on, you couldn’t know. You are not taking sides in the war.” Nick responded.
“O boy,” Brian slowly shook his head, “may the good Lord protect us all.” The boys did their ritual and then took their places…it was show time. Nick was hoping that his little plan would work out the way he expected.

The show was almost over, only one song left. The crowd began to become hysterical. Nick smiled slightly because he was the only one of the men who knew why.
“Sweet mother of God!” Brian’s jaw dropped at he caught a glimpse of the big screens behind them. There was a picture of young A.J. in a leotard with his cell phone number on it. On the other screen was a picture of Howie as a teenager on cross dress day for high school spirit week. His picture, too, had his cell phone number on it.
“O fuck no!” A.J.’s face turned ten shades of red.
“Oh, geezus,” Howie hung his head. They were interrupted by Nick’s booming voice.
“A.J. and Howie will be staying at the Mariot tonight. Their suits are 345 and 372! GOOD NIGHT DETRIOT!” he screamed and grabbed Brian’s arm. A terrified Brian was being dragged behind the tall blonde.
“NICKOLAS GENE CARTER!” Howie was screaming as he and A.J. ran after him and Brian.
“What were you thinking, Nick?” Brian asked as he snapped out of his trance.
“Yeah, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?” A.J. repeated.
“Like you guys said: paybacks a bitch!” he kept firm grip on Brian’s wrist as he pulled his friend into a waiting car. “We will be staying at the Comfort Inn, Brian.”
“That was really mean, Nick!”
“Suck to be them!”

The Mariot was swarmed with fans as Howie and A.J. arrived. Screams could be heard from blocks away. The two men looked dreadfully at the scene before them. What now?
“This was low, even for Nick,” Howie shook his head.
“You think THAT was a low blow? Just you wait, I will SHOW you a low blow,” A.J. said matter of factly as they climbed out of the car. Screaming fans bombarded them.
“Why did Nick tell us your numbers?” one girl shouted.
“I can tell you why Nick did all of this,” A.J. stopped and raised his voice causing all the women to shush. “Nick gave out our numbers and location to get back at us. Nick has been trying to shack up with both me AND Howie. Of course, since Howie and I are straight and love the ladies, we turned his gay ass down. Yes, you heard me, precious blonde haired, blue eyed Nick Carter is a FUDGE PACKER!” A.J. spoke loudly and Howie’s eyes popped out of his head. His jaw was getting cement burn because it was hanging wide open.
“Now,” A.J. continued, “If all of you stay calm, Howie and I will gladly sign autographs. Unfortunately we will have to change our numbers, so please don’t bother trying to call them. We love you all and thank you for your support.”
The two men signed autographs for over an hour before finally heading to their rooms. Howie was still in total shock. “That must be an all time record for the quickest payback. It wasn’t even an hour after Nick’s stunt that you did that,” Howie finally spoke.
“I know. I think I out did him, too,” A.J. chuckled.
“What do you think his next move will be?”
“Depends on whether or not he is smart enough to stop while he’s ahead. If he wants to keep playing dirty, then it will get uglier real quick.”
“Oh boy,” Howie hung his head, “Do you think it’s gotten to the media yet?”
“Probably,” A.J. shrugged.

~~***~~

“WHAT THE FUCK!” Nick screamed as he stared at the T.V. screen. He had flipped on MTV to see if new had hit about his little prank. Not a word was said about what he did…instead they covered everything the A.J. said. There was even a video!
“What’s wrong Nick?” Brian ran into the room.
“Look,” Nick rewound the live show on the TiVo.
“I knew this was going to get bad,” Brian shook his head. “You better put an end to this Nick. You know A.J. will only raise the stakes. You are seriously playing with fire; and if you play with fire you WILL get burnt.”
“You decided to stay out of this. So, stay out of it,” Nick glared at his friend.
“Whatever man,” Brian shrugged and left the room.
“I am NOT gay, damn it. How could he do that? This means war, A.J. McLean…it’s on, like a fat kid on cake.”
“Don’t call your self ‘fat’, Nick,” Brian’s voice traveled from the room next to Nick’s.
“SHUT UP LITTRELL!” Nick screamed back through the wall. He had to think of something good…and fast!

~~***~~

“What a tangled web we weave, A.J.”
“I have a feeling that we aren’t done weaving yet, D.”
“So, we better start compiling our next attack?”
“Oh yeah!” A.J.’s lips curved into a wicked smirk. The two men sat eating pizza and tossing around their ideas. The blows were getting lower with each suggestion. Their creative juices were flowing like Niagra Falls.