- Text Size +

"I just don't think I can do it anymore!" AJ told Howie, "I have to break up with her."

AJ was slowly pacing the length of his living room as he was discussing his impending break-up with Howie.  Well, he was more discussing it with himself, Howie was just an innocent bystander.  AJ stopped pacing, looking a little green, and clutched his stomach.

"You don't look so hot man," Howie stepped away from AJ in case AJ spewed.

"I don't feel so hot..." AJ gasped just before he bolted for the bathroom.

The doorbell rang just as AJ emptied the contents of his stomach into the toilet.

"Could...you answer...that..." AJ requested into the toilet bowl before throwing up again.

Howie cringed at the sound of his friend vomiting and stood up from the chair he'd taken a seat in.  He walked over to the front door in hopes of getting the incessant doorbell ringing to stop.

"Speak of the devil...Hello Kristal."

Kristal shoved past Howie and ran into the house.  She made a bee-line straight for the bathroom.  AJ was exiting just as Kristal pushed past him to get to the toilet.

AJ furrowed his brows as he watched his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend puke into the very same toilet he'd just puked in moments before.  Unwilling to watch her throw up, AJ went back to join Howie in the living room.

The two men threw looks back and forth, both trying to figure out what was going on.  Kristal walked into the living room several minutes later.  She looked like she was feeling a bit better.

AJ looked at her, forcing himself to begin, "Kristal...we need to talk..."

Kristal plopped into the chair, cocked her head to the side questioningly and realized what was going on.  She immediately stuck out her lower lip, tears rushing to her eyes.  She knew that ‘we need to talk' never started a good conversation.  That was the typical beginning to a break-up speech.

Howie stood on the sidelines watching.  He was slightly excited to see how this would unravel.  Somehow Kristal had managed to hang on to AJ for quite a while, even though everyone knew that it would never last.  And then there was the double puke-fest.  He was both a little amused and a lot disgusted to have just witnessed each of them puking their guts out just minutes earlier.

"I can't see you anymore..." AJ continued.

"But...but...but I love you!" Kristal argued.

"It's just not working for me..." AJ simply stated.

"But...but...but I love you!" Kristal cried.

"I think that's the problem.  I think you love me a little too much."

"It's bordering on an obsession," Howie said, and immediately wished he'd kept his big mouth shut.  Kristal gave Howie the death glare and AJ had to force back a grin.

"But I really, really love you!" Kristal continued.

"I just can't do it anymore," AJ said, "You're too demanding of me...too attached."

Kristal let the tears fall, "But...I'm...pregnant!"

She clutched her stomach and turned for the bathroom.  At the same time, AJ turned a lovely shade of green and ran for the other bathroom down the hall.

Howie laughed a little, coming to quite a crazy conclusion after getting this surprising twist.  This could be interesting...

He listened to them each retching in their respective bathrooms, wishing for ear plugs or music...any kind of noise to drown that sound out.

AJ walked out a few seconds later, "Shit, what did I eat last night?"

"Uh, dude, I don't think you've got food poisoning," Howie laughed.

Kristal walked in a few minutes after that, "Gee I just love that morning sickness!"

"Morning sickness?" AJ questioned.

Kristal nodded, "Were you not listening when I told you I was pregnant?  Just before I ran off to puke...just after you broke my heart!"

Kristal burst into dramatic tears.

"You're pregnant?!?!" AJ exclaimed excitedly.

Kristal nodded, still crying.

"That changes everything!" AJ exclaimed, "We will be a little family!  It will all be perfect!"

Kristal stopped crying when the words registered in her brain.  AJ watched her begin to jump up and down in excitement and began to feel sick again.

"If this isn't food poisoning..." AJ grumbled.

"Morning sickness," Howie stated.

"We know she's got morning sickness...what's wrong with me?" AJ howled.

"No...you."

"I'm not the pregnant one...she is," AJ pointed to his new fiancé.

"Dude, I know.  I've heard of sympathy cravings...sympathy pains...why not sympathy morning sickness?"

AJ rolled his eyes, "I didn't know I was that sympathetic."

"Who would've guessed," Howie chuckled.

AJ flipped Howie off before following Kristal back for another round of vomiting in the bathroom.  This was going to be a great nine months!  At least AJ and Kristal would do it together.

And they lived happily ever after...