- Text Size +
The place was packed, filled with people from every corner of the world, each and every one of them there for their own reasons. They all had an agenda, a reason to be here. They all had a story, a history, and a past some would do anything to forget.

He was like all of them, and like none of them.

Like them he had a history some would find interesting, a past he didn't feel like sharing, and a reason to be here that he would never tell anyone.

But that was also the only thing he had in common with these people. As he walked through the crowd towards the bar his eyes took in everything that he saw. He memorized the layout of the place, where the exit was, the tables, the secluded rooms and the dance floor.

In his mind he drew a picture of this place, what it looked like, where everything was, and where he would find the different kinds of people. This was vital information for him, as he needed to remember every little detail if he was to find what he searched for. He might not know what it was yet, but one day he would find out, and when he did, he needed to remember where he could find it.

The bar was located in the center of what seemed to be the main room or hall perhaps. It was huge, with an upper level at the very back, where the True Believers could be found, sitting around tables drinking blood, talking and behaving like only True Believers would. On that upper level some rooms were located, rooms reserved for True Believers and True Believers only.

Those rooms held many functions, but mainly they were used for Bloodsharing, where people would drink of each other’s blood, sharing it. Bloodsharing was not something he had ever indulged in, and he could not see himself ever trying it either.

The other thing those rooms were used for was sexual experimentation. Believers, in general, thought of vampires as creatures who would have sex with anyone, male or female, at any occasion, and often as a part of Bloodsharing. True Believers would have sex with anyone, even if they were straight or not. Though no True Believer would ever admit to being straight. Vampires were bisexual, and everybody knew that. Therefore, if one Believed, one had to be that as well.

That was one thing he didn't understand, one of many things he didn't understand. These people were like children playing games. If somebody didn't stick to the rules, or what had been decided were the rules, then they were out. These people tried to be someone they were clearly not.

He never had that problem. He knew he was bisexual, had known for years. He didn't have to pretend, not like most of the others here.

As he got closer to the bar he passed Believers and Mixes, those who were neither Believers nor True Believers. Besides from the True Believers, most of the people here did not care much whom they socialized with. Both to his left and right, along the wall, there were more rooms located, these free for use to anybody. The hall also had a balcony, with stairs leading up to it, and on that there were even more rooms. Some of these were used for sleeping, as a lot of the people here had nowhere else to go.

The floor itself was one big dance floor. The music was loud, but not so loud that one could not speak. The bar was placed in the center of the room, like a square island lifted two steps from the dance floor. There were no tables around the bar, but there were plenty of stools one could sit on. The bar itself was huge, which made you realize just how vast this entire place was.

To him, it was one of the largest places he had ever been, and he could understand why people never went anywhere else once they found this place. It was everything a Believer could ever want, and more.

If it was everything he ever wanted, remained to be seen.