- Text Size +
Alaric didn't say a word as Avatar told him his story. He didn't say anything as Avatar spoke freely about the laws he had broken and the reason he had come home at last. Only when Avatar was done talking did he say anything.

"He's here with you now?" he asked, and Avatar nodded. "He's over there. He found someone, a mortal, a girl. I don't think he knows what she is though, not yet at least." Alaric nodded. He had felt the girl himself. She had been there for the past few days, always alone, never approaching anyone, always sitting by the bar drinking water. He told Avatar this.

"You're not going to talk to her?" he asked, and Alaric shook his head. "That is Aiden's job. She's of the Arden line. And he said he'll do it later, but right now there are other matters that are more important, like finding our missing brothers. And those were his words, in case you were wondering."

Avatar grinned. Alaric had always had a soft spot for the much younger Aiden, and judging by his current grin, it seemed the older vampire had finally realized that the two of them were meant for each other. Aiden was barely a hundred, but had already come far. He would understand how Avatar felt, and he would help him so that no one ever found out that Avatar had broken the law, that he had made Thiery immortal. Had they been of the same line things would be different. But they were not, and now he needed the help of the Heads to make sure that he and Thiery would be safe.

"Where is Aiden anyways?" he asked Alaric, who turned towards the entrance. "He'll be here soon. How about you introduce me to Thiery while we wait. I want to meet the man who managed to bring you home to us." Avatar grinned, and got up, leading Alaric through the crowd, towards where he knew Thiery was standing.

*****

The girl hadn't moved. She only sat there and drank her water. To those who just saw her for a second as they walked by it could look like she was waiting for someone. But Thiery had watched her for a while now, and he was sure she was not. She never checked her watch or looked around. She just sat there, drinking water and staring off into thin air.

He felt Avatar move, and not long after he felt a hand snake it's way around his waist, a warm body pressing up against his back and Avatars mouth against his neck. He leaned back into the touch, moving his head a little to the side so Avatar had better access.

Avatar kissed Thiery's neck softly a few times before he pulled away a little and made Thiery turn around. Alaric stood beside him, looking at the two of them with a smile on his face, and then he held out his hand to Thiery. "I'm Alaric, and you must be Thiery. Avatar has just told me some very interesting things about you."

Thiery looked at Avatar for a second, mild confusion written on his face. Then he turned to Alaric and took his hand. "It's nice to meet you. He's told me very little about you, besides the fact that you are the head of his line." He gave Avatar a grin as he let go of Alaric's hand, but he knew the older vampire would see right through the grin and know the uncertainty he felt. Avatar would know he was worried about what was going to happen, and he knew that if Alaric and the other one, the head of his own line, Aiden, if they didn't want to help, the two of them would be running or the rest of eternity.

Alaric smiled to Thiery, before he half turned towards the entrance. "Aiden is here. Let's find a more quiet place to talk." Avatar nodded, and took Thiery's hand before they let Alaric lead them towards the back, where Thiery was pretty sure there would be rooms. These places always had private rooms located at the back, and it seemed Alaric and Aiden had one at this place, for not long after they entered them room did a young man come in after them and shut the door behind him.

Aiden looked to be maybe a year older than him, where Avatar and Alaric looked a bit older than them both, and he was a handsome man. He barely glanced at Thiery, and instead looked questioningly at Avatar and Alaric.

"You're back" he stated, fixing his gaze at Avatar. "I am" Avatar replied as he stared back into Aiden's eyes. For a second it was as if they were measuring each others strengths and weaknesses with their eyes, but then Aiden looked away and over at Alaric.

Alaric didn't say anything to Aiden, who then finally turned towards Thiery. "You're Arden" he said after a few seconds, and Thiery nodded. "You're young" he added, and Thiery nodded again. He felt like he should be saying something, anything, but his throat had gone dry, and he didn't think he'd be able to say a single word, let alone form an entire sentence.

Aiden didn't say anything else, he just looked at Thiery. After what seemed like hours he finally turned back to Avatar. "I guess some things never change, Avatar of Avalon. You are still doing things that will eventually lead you to a very intimate date with the sun." He finished off with a smile, before he walked over to give Alaric a gentle yet intimate kiss on the cheek.

Avatar grinned, and moved over to Thiery, running the back on his hand down the young vampire's cheek and neck. Then he turned so he looked straight at the other vampires. "I suppose I haven't changed that much in the past century. Since you are laughing, I take it you understand why I am here? I need your help. Our situation is a lot more complicated than it seems."

Aiden stopped laughing then, and looked to Alaric for answers to the questions he knew the older vampire didn't need him to voice. After a few seconds of silence, Alaric gave him his answers. "When Thiery was still a mortal, the Three sought him out. We don't know why, but if Avatar hadn't been there they would have taken him. It is important that Thiery is marked by you so he can pass as one of yours. It is even more important to find out why they wanted him. One thing at a time though. This may not be the place for this, but Thiery must be marked as soon as possible. Will this place do, Aiden, Head of Arden?"

******

She had entered the club around 10pm, just as she had for the past month. She didn't know why she kept coming back. The place was a dump, and the people there were no different than they were at the other places she had been.

Yet she kept coming back. Kept sitting at the same stool, at the same bar, drinking the same thing every single night.

She had felt like she had to stay, that there was a reason she had found the place and that she should wait there until she figured out what that reason was.

So she stayed. She had her water, stared off into the air and wondered how long she had to wait for whatever it was that she was waiting for to come.

She didn't know how many days had passed when something finally happened, but by then she had given up hope of ever finding out what it was that was keeping her there.

She had been sitting by the bar having her water, when a strange feeling washed over her, making her drop her glass and turn towards the entrance. She couldn't describe the feeling, but she it was what she had been waiting for. That feeling was the reason she hadn't moved on weeks ago.

At first she saw nothing different, just people coming and going. Then she noticed him. He looked to be around her own age, and he was beautiful. The same could be said about the man standing next to him. He was a few years older, yet stunning as well.

It wasn't their appearance that drew her eyes though, it was something else. Something inside her that told her these two had something to do with why she was here. It was the same something that also told her to stay where she was. They didn't even look her way, but somehow she knew they had noticed her. She knew that when it was time, they would come for her. All she had to do was to wait for them.

She had waited for days for them to come to her. She had felt others like them, they came and went, but those two were there every night. None of them approached her though, and sometimes she wondered if they avoided her on purpose.

She had almost given up on them, given up hope that they would come to her and tell her why she felt this way every time they were near. She had almost given up, when he walked into the club.

The feeling hit her like a ton of bricks this time. It was like nothing she had ever felt before. The older one was the only one in the club, and at first she thought it was the younger one that had returned. But it felt different, very different. She didn't know for sure that this was someone else until the person came closer though. That was when she truly felt the difference. She couldn't tell how it was different, but she knew that it was.

Like the others he didn't approach her, but he came close. He stood behind her for a while, watching her as she sat there with her water staring off into the air. Then suddenly the feeling intensified, and she knew that there were more than one there. She knew that the older one had come close to her now. But it was not because it her, it was because of the one who had been watching her.

She wanted to turn, to walk up to them and ask them who they were. Ask them what it was that she was feeling. Ask them why she felt as if she had known them all her life.

When the young one returned, she made her decision. As he walked through the room she did her best to follow him with her eyes. And when he walked into the private room at the back she got up, and started to walk towards it. She was tired of waiting for them to make a move, tired of waiting for them to come to her. It was time she made a move of her own, and came to them.