- Text Size +

He struggled against the restraints that held him down, but no matter how much he struggled, he just couldn’t get loose. He, along with Brian and AJ, were all bound to a chair, with a medical tray situated right next to them.

AJ sighed heavily as he watched Nick continue to struggle to get free. “Nick, unless you’re Houdini himself, you aren’t gonna get yourself loose.”

“Why are you being such a pessimist AJ?!” Nick grunted, “I’d rather at least try to get us out of here than to just sit here and wait for them to do… god knows what with us.” he finally stopped struggling and just sat there, panting and feeling exhausted. He looked up at their surroundings, “What kind of fucked up hospital is this? Since when is it required for nurses and doctors to strap their patients to a freaking chair?”

AJ rolled his eyes, “I’m surprised that you haven’t figured this out yet. We… are… not… in… a… hospital.” he said slowly, as if that would help Nick to understand him better. “If we’re strapped to chairs, we’ve obviously been abducted.”

“Do you guys think Kevin and Howie got out?” Brian voiced for the first time.

AJ sighed heavily, “Probably.”

Before any of them could say another thing, the door to the room that they were in opened, revealing a male dressed in a white lab coat, followed by a slew of armed guards. They all filed into the room, surrounding the three boys. The last people that entered the room were two guards, who brought in both Howie and Kevin. They were both restrained and weak looking, following the guards into the room obediently.

“What’s going on?” Nick asked.

“All questions shall be answered in due time.” the man in the white coat replied, “I’m Dr. Wexler, and these,” he gestured towards the armed men that surrounded them. “are my fellow colleagues. Now, I know a whole bunch of questions must be running through your minds, so I’ll try my best to answer them as briefly as possible. You five gentlemen are extraordinary human beings. Both Howard and Kevin know what I am talking about, for we have witnessed the abilities they possess, but the only question that remains is… what can you three do?”

AJ, Brian and Nick all turned to look at each other in puzzlement. They all turned back to look at Dr. Wexler, “What the hell are you talking about?” AJ questioned.

Dr. Wexler simply chuckled, “I knew you three would give me a hard time, which is why I came prepared.” he walked over towards the medical tray that was situated by Nick. He grabbed the syringe that was on the medical tray and ripped off the cap. “If you guys don’t want to show me, I’ll make you show me.” and with that, he immediately shot out for Nick, grabbing him by his hair and wrenching his head to the side, exposing his neck. “You guys have ten seconds to show me what you can do. If you don’t comply, I will not hesitate to jab this needle into his neck, injecting oxygen into his jugular vein, which will kill him instantly.”

They all gasped as Kevin tried to get away from the guard that held him captive. Dr. Wexler saw this and brought the syringe closer to Nick’s neck. “Don’t even try it big man. You and Howard are in no shape to be using your powers right now.”

“Look, I don’t know what the hell you guys think we can do, but we seriously don’t know what the hell you are talking about!” AJ tried to reason.

“Someone better do something. 10... 9... 8... 7... 6...”

Both AJ and Brian started to struggle against their restraints while Howie and Kevin stood there helplessly. Kevin and Howie understood that they both possessed a talent, but were unsure if AJ, Brian and Nick possessed a power as well.

“5...”

With wide eyes, Nick glanced over at his four brothers, not being able to believe the fact that he was about to be killed.

“… 4...”

AJ began shouting profanely at the men, struggling harder against his restraints. Brian, on the other hand looked near tears.

“… 3...”

Kevin attempted to wriggle away from the guard that held him back, which only caused the guard to tighten his grasp. Howie wearily glanced over at Kevin, knowing he was trying so hard to help Nick.

“… 2...”

Nick closed his eyes and sighed heavily. Before Dr. Wexler could count down to the last number, Nick suddenly disappeared. AJ immediately stopped shouting, Brian glanced around the room, wondering what had happened to his friend, Howie simply stared at the now empty chair while Kevin closed his eyes and tried to communicate with Nick… knowing he was still in the room, knowing he had simply became invisible.

Dr. Wexler glanced back at his armed men, who had their weapons up and ready to fire. He placed the syringe back down on the medical table and began to walk around the room, clapping. “Clever Carter… that’s some gift you have.” he turned to one of the guards and gave a small nod.

The guard nodded in response as he pulled out a tazer gun and held it out. Without even aiming, he pulled the trigger and two small, sharp spears connected to a thin, almost non-visible wire shot out from his gun, hitting his target directly. Nick screamed out in pain as the electricity coursing through his body caused him to become visible to everyone again. He collapsed to his knees, gritting his teeth as current after current of electrical waves continued to wrack his body.

“Three down, two more to go.” Dr. Wexler said with a smirk as he watched two guards pick a weak Nick up from the ground and forced him to stand on his two feet. He turned towards AJ and Brian once again, finding AJ’s glare boring into him. He simply pointed at AJ and smiled, “You must be a firecracker.”

AJ didn’t reply, he simply continued to glare at the man before him. Brian was busy checking Nick over, as well as Howie and his cousin.

“So…” Dr. Wexler started as he clasped his hands together and situated himself directly in between AJ and Brian. “Who wants to show me what they can do next?”

Just show him.

Both Brian and AJ looked up and around, wondering where that voice in their heads came from. It sounded exactly like Kevin, and sure enough when they looked over at him, he was staring back at them, a calm look on his face.

Don’t make this harder than it already is… just show them what they want to see.

Dr. Wexler crossed his arms over his chest, “My patience is beginning to wear very thin… one of you better do something, and fast.”

AJ glared up at Dr. Wexler, “You wanna see what I can do?” when Dr. Wexler nodded, he gave a malicious grin. “I’ll show you what I can do.”

AJ’s eyes began to gleam as various guards suddenly burst into flames. They ran around the room, desperately trying to extinguish the flames as their shrieks and cries reverberated throughout the small room.

Dr. Wexler watched in shock and horror at the devastation that was occurring right before his eyes. “Someone get him to stop!”

The rest of the guards aimed their guns at AJ, ready to fire. Brian glanced over at AJ, slightly fearing the look he had in his eyes, the determination that radiated from his body, the feeling that he was not gonna stop, even if there were guns pointed at him, ready to fire. Brian closed his eyes as he trained his concentration solely on all the guns that were aimed at AJ.

“FIRE!” Dr. Wexler exclaimed.

The guards took the permission granted and pulled the trigger, nothing but a dull click sounding out. Puzzled, the guards began to inspect their weapons, wondering why nothing happened when they pulled the trigger.

Dr. Wexler glanced between the guards and AJ, who was continuing to ravage those around him with his power. “What the hell are you guys doing? I said fire!”

“We can’t sir!” one of the guards replied.

All of a sudden, the guards that were inspecting their guns were thrown into the wall, knocking them unconscious, causing their guns to clatter to the floor. AJ finally ceased his attack, feeling extremely drained and disoriented. He glanced up to watch the guards that were standing before them suddenly fly back and hit the wall.

“What’s going on?” Dr. Wexler exclaimed, looking around at how all his guards were falling.

Kevin, Howie, Nick and Brian glanced over at AJ. “I’m not doing this!” AJ cried out his response, wondering what was going on.

The guards that were holding Howie, Kevin and Nick captive were flown back as well, allowing the three to be set free. Brian closed his eyes and concentrated on the handcuffs that were attached to his wrists. After what seemed like forever, he was finally able to unlock the handcuffs using his mind and had worked on getting his shackles off as well. Once he was free, he made his way over towards AJ to help him out of his handcuffs and shackles as well.

Dr. Wexler watched helplessly as his men continued to fall right before his eyes. He shot his attention back to the boys and realized that they were close to escaping. He picked up one of the many guns that were scattered on the ground and had aimed it at his first target, which happened to be Brian.

AJ looked up to see Dr. Wexler aiming a gun at Brian’s back. “Brian, move!”

Brian glanced up at AJ to find him staring at someone behind him. Dr. Wexler fingered the trigger, but before he could pull it, a woman suddenly appeared in front of him, coming from out of nowhere. Dr. Wexler stood there in shock, wondering where this woman had come from and how she possessed her powers. The woman simply stared at Dr. Wexler as she used her telekinesis to take his weapon away. Dr. Wexler gasped as he felt the gun being ripped from his grasp without a physical force. He stared at the gun that was now levitating right before him, and without warning the gun shattered into pieces, surprisingly not setting off any of the rounds.

Get you and your four brothers out of here.

Kevin immediately shot a look over towards the woman who was still standing in front of Dr. Wexler, knowing that she was the one communicating with him telepathically. He had so many questions burdening his mind, wondering who this mysterious lady was and how she obtained the same powers as them. He knew none of these questions could be answered now, but he wanted to get a good look at her, to burn her face within his memory so he could find her again.

All your questions will be answered soon enough baby boy, just get out of here.

Kevin’s eyes widened upon hearing that thought.

“C’mon Kevin, lets go.”

Kevin turned towards the unknown voice, finding an older male standing behind them. Go with him. He heard her tell him.

“Who the hell are you?” AJ questioned defensively, not exactly sure of who they could trust anymore.

“I’ll be able to explain everything to you once we get out of here.” the man replied.

Everything fell silent at the sound of a gun going off. They were all scared to move, scared to find out who the bullet had hit. The woman who was standing in front of Dr. Wexler had collapsed to her knees, a tranquilizer dart protruding from her side. The guard that had regained his composure and shot the woman allowed the gun to slip from his grasp.

Kevin tried to make his way towards the fallen woman, but was pulled back. “C’mon Kev, we gotta get outta here.” AJ said as he tugged on Kevin’s arm.

“We can’t just leave her here.” Kevin cried out as he struggled against AJ’s grasp. He wasn’t sure what had him feeling this way, but he had to help her, he felt as if he knew her somehow, or at least should know who she is.

The man that was trying to help them to escape came up and placed a hand on Kevin’s shoulder. “She wants us to leave Kevin.”

Kevin stared helplessly at the woman who was slowly slipping unconscious. She had told him telepathically that she wanted him to leave, and to get her four brothers out of there and to protect them. Kevin sadly nodded as he turned to follow his brothers and the man out of the room.

Everything will be okay baby boy… I love you all. the woman thought weakly, unsure if Kevin was able to read her last thought before she slipped unconscious.