- Text Size +

“Do I even want to know what happened here?” he asked as he walked the room cautiously, eyeing the fallen guards who were burnt beyond recognition.

Dr. Wexler trailed behind him like a little lost pup. “We lost control sir, they attacked us with their powers. None of this was suppose to happen.”

“Well, seeing that I gave you specific directions Joe, I would’ve expected none of this to happen. Did you do as I instructed?”

Dr. Wexler fell silent. He was instructed to subdue them so they couldn’t control their powers and attack them. He was then supposed to force their powers out, which would’ve weakened them. “No sir.”

He slightly chuckled, “Why doesn’t this surprise me?” he shook his head and began to massage him temples. “Seems like if you want to get the job done right, you sometimes gotta do it yourself. Do we have any clue as to where they might’ve gone?”

“No sir, but we do know they left with a male, which ultimately led us to one of our prized captives.”

“If it’s not the boys, what could possibly be so prized?”

“The origin.”

He stared at Dr. Wexler long and hard, as if not being able to believe what he was hearing. “Where is she?”

“Right this way sir.”

They walked out of the destroyed room and down the hall to an isolated area. Dr. Wexler placed his hand on the scan pad, then punched in a few numbers. The door then clicked, indicating that it was unlocked. He grasped the doorknob and pushed it open, allowing the other man to walk in first.

“She’s being held in containment cell A3.” Dr. Wexler informed.

The man turned to Dr. Wexler for a moment, then turned back to the containment cells that lined the hall. He walked over to cell A3, seeing two guards standing on the outside of it. Once the guards saw him, they quickly stood in a salute stance. He ignored their gesture as he took his card key and swiped it through the slot, pushing the door open once he heard the indication that it was unlocked. The cells were rather large, and inside the cell itself was a plexiglas room, so you could view whatever it was contained in the plexiglas room from the outside, or you could walk inside. There were air vents in the plexiglas room, not only to allow the contained to breathe, but a nontoxic gas was circulating throughout the plexiglas room, which counteracts the chemical within their body and ceases their power as long as they are kept within that room.

He stood there and stared at her, watching her from the outside. She sat in the corner of the plexiglas room, her knees drawn to her chest and her arms and head resting upon her knees. She did not move her head to acknowledge the man that was watching her from the outside, she simply stayed where she was at, staring blankly at the ground.

“Unlock the door.” he said as he slowly approached the glass room, waiting for the door to unlock.

She finally forced herself to look up and acknowledge the man who was about to enter her room. She watched in silence as he walked into the room, closing the door behind him. She was in no form to get up and fight, let alone talk, so she remained where she was, curled up in the corner of the room, head still resting upon her knees.

Once he closed the door, he turned around to look back down at her, feeling her icy glare pierce the very depths of his soul. “If only looks could kill.” he voiced out. “Which, I’m sure if you were out of this room, you could.”

“Where’s my sons?” she asked, refusing to let up her glare.

“Your sons?” he laughed. “Thanks to you, I’ve sent my men out there to kill them because I have my prized possession right before my very eyes. This whole thing was just a… setup to get what the company really needs. Capturing your boys only brought you right to us. But now that you’ve gone and let your boys free, their wandering around with too much knowledge in their head, too much about our company, and we can’t have that. So since they know too much and we have absolutely no more use for them, we will dispose of them. I would’ve had them stick around to at least say goodbye to you, but… I guess that’s just the way the cookie crumbles.”

“You sick son of a bitch!” she roared as she launched herself up from the ground and towards him.

He quickly dodged her attack, grabbing her by the back of her hair, wrenching her head back. He kicked her in the back of her knees, causing her legs to buckle and collapse to her knees. While keep a firm grip on the back of her hair and her head wrenched back, his other hand snaked around her neck, tightly constricting her throat. “Now, now… you know better than to come at me.”

She began coughing and gasping for breath she couldn’t get in nor out. He knelt down to her level, “You know your powers won’t work in here, so what makes you think you can take me on without them. Must I remind you that I’m bigger and better than you, and that I’ll always have the upper hand no matter what?” and with that, he released his grip on her and slapped her with the back of his hand.

Her head snapped back and her body flew backwards at the impact of the back of his hand. She withered on the ground in pain, looking up at him through blurry eyes, trying to get the room to stop moving.

He grinned, satisfied with the fact that she was in pain. “Here’s what I plan to do.” he said as he knelt down towards her again. “All I want is the chemicals that is flowing through your bloodstream, so I will extract it and I promise you, it’ll be a painless process. Then I will rid you of this gift you were granted to took advantage of and if you cooperate, I will let go back to living your life normally. You know, if only you hadn’t interfered with my plans, I could’ve said the same thing about your sons. All I wanted was the chemicals that were in your blood, give you a cure and release you all to live your life normally once again. Hell, you could’ve even gone back to living your life with your five sons, but… well, you were just being a mother, weren’t you? Understandable… but you do know that it’s supposed to be the kids that bury their parents, not the other way around, right?”

She seethed, wishing she wasn’t in so much pain at that moment so she could hit the man that was hovering above her. He smiled, “It’s okay though… if and when I release you, you can just go and fuck James and have more kids, so either way, in the end, it’ll all work out perfectly for you if you just cooperate with me.”

She glared at him through heavy lidded eyes, her boiling anger pushing away the fact that she was in agonizing pain. “I’m going to fucking kill you.” she snarled.

He simply chuckled as he leant down towards her ear. “If I go down, you’ll go down right with me.” His lips lingered by her ear, his hot breath burning the side of her neck, causing the small hairs on her flesh to instantly prickle. She winced when she felt his lips touch the side of her neck in a loving manner. He placed a soft, gentle kiss near her ear and whispered, “Till death do us part… baby.”