- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright, so here's the other half... ya know, the update that turned out really long and I decided to divide it into two chapters to update this story with. :) So yay for having a cool, long update, lol. Please read and don't forget to review!! I love you all!!

Kevin stared back at James, not bothering to say anything or even move.

You know what I can do.

James cocked an eyebrow. Do I really?

Kevin smirked. Yeah… you seem to a lot about me, more than I know myself.

Why don’t you show me what else you can do?

Kevin’s facial expressions became serious. What exactly do you want to see?

Whatever you’re capable of doing.

Kevin glanced over at his brothers. I’ll hold you to your word.

All of a sudden, the whole room started shaking violently, throwing everyone except for Kevin off guard. Kevin simply wanted to show James his power by causing a slight earthquake, but somehow lost concentration on his power and focused on doing more than just displaying a small quake. His eyes became dark, almost looking black as the ground beneath them began to crack.

“Kevin?” James called out, wondering if he knew what he was doing.

Kevin didn’t reply. His eyes remained black and straight forward and now lava began spewing forth from the cracks in the ground.

“Holy shit!” AJ exclaimed as he jumped away from a crack that was near him, lava coming out and flowing towards him.

“Kevin!” James called out again, starting to make his way towards Kevin but was cut short when the ground beneath him suddenly gave way.

“Kevin!” Brian shouted this time, trying to get him to stop what he was doing.

Nick sprung into action and made his way over towards the crack in the ground James fell through. When he got there, he found James desperately hanging on the edge.

“Jay, we gotta get him to stop!” Brian said, sounding helpless.

AJ looked around at the destruction that was happening. He didn’t know what he could do to get Kevin to stop, but he didn’t like the feeling of being threatened bubbling within him, he knew something bad would come of it. He decided that instead of thinking, he needed to act quickly so he wouldn’t let his emotions get the best of him.

“Kevin.” AJ called out, trying to grab a hold of his attention before he acted out. When he got no response, he used his telekinesis to get Kevin to snap out of his trance.

Kevin was levitated off the ground, but instead of him snapping out of his trance, he only grew angrier at whatever it was that was trying to stop him. Kevin snapped his attention over towards AJ, his eyes gleaming bright. All of a sudden, a path of sharp boulders began jetting up from the ground, heading straight towards AJ.

AJ’s eyes widened at the realization that using his power did not anger Kevin further, but it also caused him to turn on him. Before he could think of something to get him out of this situation, a sharp boulder shot up right at him, causing him to fly back and hit the ground rather harshly.

“Jay!” Brian yelled as he tried to make his way over to AJ to see if he was okay, but it was impossible.

Disoriented, AJ rose his head a little and tried to clear his vision of the blurriness that was clouding his eyes. Just as he tried to gather himself up, the boulders that had rose from the ground and encased him had now shattered, causing a pile of large rocks to crumble and fall on him.

Meanwhile, Howie, who was awoken by the loud sound of things crashing, had weakly gotten out of bed to see what was going on. Making his way to the lab, he was shocked to find the destruction that was before him. Nick was helping James up out of a crack in the ground while Brian was trying to make his way over towards Kevin, who seemed to be the one that was destroying everything; AJ was nowhere to be found.

“Kevin!” Brian screamed as he slowly approached his cousin, hoping that he could stop him.

Kevin, who seemed to not be in right state of mind, looked over at Brian, his dark eyes still in tact. He rose his arms up, at the same time causing boulders from beneath the earth to rise up as well. Howie’s eyes widened, realizing that Kevin was about to hurl that mass of boulders right at his cousin.

Without thinking twice, he released a wind force from his body, hitting Kevin dead on, the wind causing him to stagger back a bit. Kevin tore his attention away from Brian and now focused on Howie, hurling the boulders at him instead. Howie disappeared before the boulders could even touch him, and reappeared next to Brian.

“What the hell is going on?” Howie asked Brian, looking around at the destroyed lab.

“I don’t know, but I gotta find a way to stop him.”

Before any of them could say another word, there was a sudden explosion, causing rocks to fly out everywhere. Both Brian and Howie shied away and looked over to where the explosion came from, seeing AJ levitating, fire dancing within his eyes.

“Shit.” Nick muttered out, taken aback at seeing the state AJ was in. “Bri, AJ’s gonna fight Kevin!”

Brian looked at Nick, then back over at AJ. Howie didn’t like the look in AJ’s eyes, not one bit. He knew that AJ was allowing his emotions to get the best of him, thus his powers being in complete control of him.

“Alex!” Howie called out. “Alex, don’t you dare do this!”

But AJ ignored Howie, his main focus was to get rid of the person that harmed him. He wasn’t sure what he was doing, all he knew was that he was no longer in control of his actions. He rose his hands up before him and clasped it together; within seconds, something began glowing between his two hands and was becoming brighter and bigger. Once he accumulated a fireball within his hand, he launched it out and straight towards Kevin.

Before the fireball could hit Kevin, a strong stream of water blasted from the side and doused the flaming ball. AJ immediately shot a look at Nick.

“AJ, don’t do this.” Nick said in a warning tone.

“Stay out of this Nick.” AJ growled as he focused back on Kevin.

Nick groaned in defeat. “Isn’t there something we can do?” he asked as he turned to face James. “You promised us that you wouldn’t let this shit happen!”

James was truly at a loss of words, “I… I didn’t expect Kevin to lose control of his powers so suddenly.”

“Yeah, well he did and now we gotta think of a way to get him to stop before he and AJ kill each other!”

James turned and tried his best to make his way over towards his medical cabinet. Once there, he ripped open the doors and pulled out a small vial and a syringe. Ripping the cap off the syringe with his teeth, he plunged the needle into the vial and drew up the liquid. Once he had the right dosage and had pushed the remaining oxygen out of the syringe, he made his way back over towards Nick.

“Okay, are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna fucking stop them?” Nick snapped.

“I need AJ to keep Kevin distracted.” James replied, not wanting to deal with Nick freaking out on him right now. “Brian!” he called out.

Brian looked over at James, seeing that he was holding something in his hand. When James rose it up, Brian caught a better look and realized that it was a metal syringe. No words necessary, Brian knew exactly what James wanted him to do. James let go of the syringe and brought his hand back down, seeing the object floating before him. Brian controlled the syringe with his mind and had guided it to Kevin, causing the syringe to plunge into Kevin’s neck, pushing the liquid in.

Immediately, the pitch black darkness drained from Kevin’s eyes, causing his emerald eyes to shine through once again. The sharp boulders recessed back into the ground while the cracks mended back together. The affect of the liquid caused Kevin to collapse to his knees, unconsciousness threatening to take him under. AJ was ready to take Kevin out in his weakened state, but Howie quickly transported himself to where AJ was and had prevented AJ from doing any further damage by wrapping his arms around AJ, holding him in a tight embrace.

“Alex.” Howie whispered, hoping there was a way he could calm AJ’s erratic self down and cause him to gain control of his powers and actions once again. “Alex, I want you to stop. It’s me man, your best friend. I want you to open your eyes and see who you were about to hurt.”

Through his clouded mind, AJ could hear Howie’s soothing voice loud and clear. AJ’s gleaming eyes returned back to it’s normal chocolate color, and his bold stature was beginning to resolve slowly.

When Howie felt AJ slowly beginning to relax, he sighed heavily. “That’s it Alex… you can control it man. It’s all done and over with, no one’s gonna hurt you buddy.”

When AJ finally broke out of the trance that held him captive, he immediately collapsed to his knees, feeling extremely exhausted and weak. Howie caught AJ in his arms, preventing him from crumbling to the ground.

Meanwhile, Brian slowly made his way over towards his cousin, who was still on his knees, looking very weak and disoriented. “Kev?” he called out softly.

Kevin slowly rose his head, seeing his cousin before him. He glanced around at their surroundings, seeing the massive destruction. He couldn’t remember what happened, but with the way they were looking at him, almost scared, he had a feeling. “Oh god…” he choked out, “what have I done?”